• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

MSNBC is shitting all over the speech.

Did we watch the same thing? Da fuck.

O'Donnell was the only one who seemed to grasp that this was the humanizing speech, told by literally the only person who could tell it. Maddow jumped on it right away as being misogynistic when he was talking about "a girl" and seemed to focus on himself, but the point was that all the while he was doing things, she was out there working for her own causes, and when his time in office was over she kept going.

The point of this speech was to show where she came from and try to cut through, as Bill put it, the cartoon portrayal of her as this wealthy and aloof, cold and manipulative, shrill "dragon lady" that she's been portrayed as at various times in her career. This was the "She's not just a good leader, but she's a good person" speech that only a spouse or immediate family member can give, and Bill did it in a way that plays to his strengths; it was warm and folksy.

To circle back to your quote, yeah... really disappointed with how cynical the MSNBC response was, especially Maddow who usually eats this stuff up. Maybe they're all salty about Elizabeth Warren throwing them over to sit next to Chelsea.

I'm so proud to be a member of this party on nights like this. Despite all its faults, we appeal to everyone's better nature.

Can't say the same for the other party.

Slayven

Yup, this all the GOP will be talking about. It will be mostly an annoyance, but was totally unnecessary.

He really did. At the beginning when he talked about the heartbreak and looked very introspective, I think everyone knew what he meant.

Hahahah Jeffery Lord is doing just this

Gruco

Banned
That feeling when you can't imagine the last two nights being topped. And then realize that the Kaine Train, Uncle Joe, and the Islamic Shock are all lined up tomorrow.

OH MY GOD

SOMEONE HOLD ME

OH MY GOD

How I imagine you the last hour and a half of the night;

1166394113222297959.jpg

ampere

Tim Kaine has been playing the boring card hard, but I have a feeling his speech is gonna be really good. He's very intelligent and pretty damn smiley.

HylianTom

Banned
Now we'll get reboots of the movies :(

Oh god no..

One of my favorite movie series. Seriously. I don't feel guilty one bit for it. I love the comedy, and I love the portrayal of American cities in that time period (especially in comparison to how our cities are viewed in current times).

TheFatOne

Tim Kaine has been playing the boring card hard, but I have a feeling his speech is gonna be really good. He's very intelligent and pretty damn smiley.

All I'm asking for is him to speak in Spanish for a straight 5+ minutes. The GOP won't be able to help themselves if he does.

I love how Trump was preemptively legit shook on Twitter and his name wasn't spoken a single time. He's probably even more pissed about that. The task of tearing him to pieces has been left to Obama, it seems.

kess

It was okay, Bill downplayed himself in favor of his wife, although I wish he would have been more matter of fact about Hillary "driving by herself" down to the deep south in favor of civil rights -- I feel like a lot of younger viewers missed the context that it was only a few years after the Neshoba County murders, and instead viewed it as Bill being patronizing towards women.

I mean, fuck, look at the story of Viola Liuzzo.

I love how Trump was preemptively legit shook on Twitter and his name wasn't spoken a single time. He's probably even more pissed about that. The task of tearing him to pieces has been left to Obama, it seems.

He's definitely pissed about it. This is a guy that craves attention, that demands it in fact. To not spend an entire speech talking about him, it definitely will get under his skin.

Iolo

Jeffery Lord didn't sound like a complete asshat for once on CNN. He brought up the legitimate problems with Hillary Clinton to the public and how her campaign really need to make an effort in solving those problems.

Effect

So a good night. Here's hoping the next two days are good. I'm still nervous about one thing but rather not ruin the mood right now.

Kid Heart

First time I've watched Bill live, and I was not disappointed. I'm definitely gonna use some of the stuff in his speech as reasons for why I support Hillary if any of my friends ask.

First time I've watched Bill live, and I was not disappointed. I'm definitely gonna use some of the stuff in his speech as reasons for why I support Hillary if any of my friends ask.

If you haven't seen it check out his 2012 DNC speech. The man is a god tier political speaker.

The way I'm seeing it.

1. Michelle brings in the class and what makes America great

2. Bill explaining why Hillary is so special and so right

3. Obama with the takedown of Trump

4. Hillary with the way forward

I seriously think Jeffrey Lord is an idiot.

Paskil

This guy is a fucking idiot

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/terry-mcauliffe-hillary-clinton-tpp-trade-226253

Clinton friend McAuliffe says Clinton will flip on TPP, then walks it back
Terry McAuliffe tells POLITICO the Democratic nominee will support a deal with tweaks that Sanders' supporters hate. But the Clinton campaign calls the comments 'flat wrong.'

Podesta already forcefully responded. Clinton campaign messaging on point. Enjoy the evening.

John Podesta ‏@johnpodesta 2h2 hours ago

Love Gov. McAuliffe, but he got this one flat wrong. Hillary opposes TPP BEFORE and AFTER the election. Period. Full stop.

If you haven't seen it check out his 2012 DNC speech. The man is a god tier political speaker.

Possibly meant live as in, in person.

I had to DVR about 9 minutes so when the CNN panel was up and Paul was talking, Mothafucka Jeff ShitLord was on his laptop. Like you know he was frantically email people like "I AINT GOT SHIT HELP"

Iolo

The way I'm seeing it.

1. Michelle brings in the class and what makes America great

2. Bill explaining why Hillary is so special and so right

3. Obama with the takedown of Trump

4. Hillary with the way forward

I seriously think Jeffrey Lord is an idiot.

I thought you were arguing with me that Obama would just serve as a character witness for Hillary and not go after Trump. I want him to do the former but I also want him to nuke Trump from orbit. Someone has to.

Effect

I'd like to know.

Just the wiki leaks stuff and if anything else is coming, especially since it was designed purely to hurt Hillary during the DNC and help Trump win.That's pretty much the thing that is creating this nervous and anxiety feeling I have whenever I think about it.

Am I'm trying not to really think about it as all I'm going to do is make myself sick. Trying to focus on the positive of tonight.

I kinda doubt Obama is going to bodyslam Trump by name, and he probably shouldn't. As noted, Trump craves attention and no one mentioning him by name is probably giving him stress. Obama is not a pugilist. He has always appealed to our better angels and so he will talk about what's at stake and Hillary's qualification for his job. He was her boss after all.

Leave the muckraking to pit fighters like Warren.

VRMN

I think Biden will be the one to body slam Trump. Obama will take his shots but mostly going to sell them on Hillary.

This is my thought too. The VP is supposed to be the attack dog, but Kaine's role is the personable one since Clinton can struggle with that, so he shouldn't be too negative. It's below the President, so it falls to Biden.

Biden will be bringing the heat tomorrow. And I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom