• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

MSNBC is a big fat mess. They're really starting to change and they're clearly stuck in a transitional period. I don't like where they're heading.

Vahagn

Actually MSNBC is much better on account of no Jeffrey Lord or random people yelling at each other.

CNN is total trash now and Fox has Always been trash.

I only caught a glimpse of MSNBC but she mentioned that she didn't like how Bill framed Hillary's success as coming from his political career... which he didn't at all.

Ya, see, I didn't get that read either. He was talking about how in whatever role she found herself in, she managed to be a change maker. He humanized her in a way a lot of people just didn't see. I agree with the MSNBC panel this is about building up her likability a bit. And, you know, I agree with what pigeon said. I don't believe fear and anger wins an election. At least not overt fear. You have to hide it a bit.

AND

I've watched that Fight Song video like four times. And the Presidential line up thing made my mom cry. And I love it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wtf was Maddow talking about with the Bill speech? Wife saw it and said she thought Maddow was saying it was sexist?

Maybe she was pissed Bill told the story from his perspective? I mean just from a writing standpoint it was an incredibly well done speech and he fucking killed the delivery, so I don't get the complaints.

Teggy

I really can't imagine any everyday voter watching that speech would get the impression Rachel did. You'd have to be watching it through a very special lens.

Wtf was Maddow talking about with the Bill speech? Wife saw it and said she thought Maddow was saying it was sexist?

That's nonsense. Bill actually downplayed a majority of his accomplishments, and attributed a huge number of them to help/support he got from Hillary. He told the endearing story of how he met and courted his wife and best friend, and how she never ceased to amaze and impress him--whether it was as an activist, a mother, or a public servant.

Crocodile

Why does Chris Matthews like to interrupt people so much? Joy Reid was also 100% right that women get more shade for being ambitious (which even Steele agreed with) but Matthews was having none of that. Boo-urns.

Maybe she was pissed Bill told the story from his perspective? I mean just from a writing standpoint it was an incredibly well done speech and he fucking killed the delivery, so I don't get the complaints.

I think she heard words like "girl" and "skirt" and I don't want to say she got "triggered" but she was certainly displeased with the word choice.

Actually MSNBC is much better on account of no Jeffrey Lord or random people yelling at each other.

CNN is total trash now and Fox has Always been trash.

yup, CNN has not learned from their Jon Stewart pwn. They are still using the Crossfire play on everything

having two Trumpeteers on the panel turns CNN into a half-shit show

thcsquad

I think the subtext was that he was getting the glory while she was doing the work. It lets the listener think of Bill as a little bit sexist, for the purpose of lifting Hillary up.

sangreal

Why does Chris Matthews like to interrupt people so much? Joy Reid was also 100% right that women get more shade for being ambitious (which even Steele agreed with) but Matthews was having none of that. Boo-urns..

I made the same point last night. It's gotten unbearable. He has always interrupted but these days it feels like he doesn't even listen to what people are saying first

pigeon

Banned
I need help.

Who are these celebrities.

I recognize like none of them.

Something's fucked up about the light quality.

edit: I got Liz Banks and America. And that guy who's always with Liz Banks. And Kathy Najimy. If this were a buzzfeed quiz I would be getting blown the fuck out.

Okay that was Chenoweth and Idina.

edit: That was whats her name from FNL. I'm making progress.

edit: Okay I saw Rashida and Eli from Good Wife go by.

Teggy

I need help.

Who are these celebrities.

I recognize like none of them.

Something's fucked up about the light quality.

edit: I got Liz Banks and America. And that guy who's always with Liz Banks. And Kathy Najimy. If this were a buzzfeed quiz I would be getting blown the fuck out.

Okay that was Chenoweth and Idina.

edit: That was whats her name from FNL. I'm making progress.

edit: Okay I saw Rashida and Eli from Good Wife go by.

One of the first ones is Mandy Moore. Which is funny because I was just reading an article the other day about how she is not seen a whole lot these days.

The very first girl is Rachel Platten.

I recognize the black guy with glasses from Law & Order but I think he is in one of the big Broadway shows right now.

Jane Fonda of course.

Oh, some of the women are from Pitch Perfect, so I am assuming some are from Pitch Perfect 2, which I haven't seen yet.

I only caught a glimpse of MSNBC but she mentioned that she didn't like how Bill framed Hillary's success as coming from his political career... which he didn't at all.

That doesn't make any sense.

He downplayed the role he played in her career as much as someone who was literally POTUS could have possibly done.

Joy Reid needs her own prime time show

Seriously. That woman is my life.

Edit: Supposedly, Rachel didn't like him referring to her as a girl in the line "In 1971, I met a girl" and the way he pursued her was creepy.

mo60

After all the crap Trump has said about so many of us in the US, I want to see him humiliated.

I want to see a defeat similar to the london mayoral race or the recent canadian election for trump even though I do think hilary popular vote margin will be bigger than the later by a bit by probably 1 to 3 percent and maybe as much as 5.

thcsquad

The more I think about Bill's speech, the more effective it is. Vox is totally right when they say here that it was designed to remind men of their wives:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/27/12294052/bill-clinton-dnc-speech-democratic-convention-hillary

I'm right in the target audience and I'm still thinking about it. I'm very interested to see what the numbers look like after the convention. Maybe too optimistic, but we'll see.

I'm surprised at the skepticism some people are giving the speech, saying that Bill's lost his touch. His speech might not have had the soaring highs as some of his other ones have had, but I think he used his rhetorical skills perfectly to do exactly what he needed this speech to do. This is why Bill is such a good speaker, he knows how to give the right speech instead of just pulling from the same template.

Teggy

mhm.

Kurt Eichenwald
Kurt Eichenwald‏ @kurteichenwald

True:
Sanders supporter "I cant vote for HRC because of TPP."
Me: "What does TPP stand for?"
Silence.
"What is TPP?"
Doesn't know.

Crocodile

im_shocked.gif

Tubie

Bill was incredible, definitely surprised me. I guess I forgot just how good he is at this.

Then there's Kaine, Diamond Joe and Obama tomorrow...

Someone make sure there are ambulances on stand-by close to Fox News HQ tomorrow night.

Slayven

I have to keep reminding myself who Pence is.

Somebody will say something about him and i think "are they mispronouncing Rence Wormtongue's name?"

Slayven

I heard everything about the TPP, from it taking away copyright and trademark protection to it will unleash an army of the undead upon being signed

I mentioned this yesterday. I guarantee most of them couldn't even tell you why they don't like it
Isn't the official party platform against it? So chants against it Monday were sorta silly. "Obama will pass it in the lame duck" is too complicated a thing to discuss with the average voter, which is exactly why this stuff gets saved for lame duck sessions. Democrats are kinda cheating on this one, but the platform is the definitive word at the convention.
I heard everything about the TPP, from it taking away copyright and trademark protection to it will unleash an army of the undead upon being signed
Why are conservatives against it, then? Finally a chance to prove all those self-defense justifications on the second amendment on how they'll need to personally repel a foreign military!
If they're Amish the answer is obviously Non-GMO.
Has anyone told them how much DNA mixes from person to person? Hypocrites.

Teggy

Something I just noticed. Keith Olbermann is constantly tweeting shit at Trump but Trump never responds. Why is he able to ignore him?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom