• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

People digging up all sorts of stuff where Trump says he was in contact with Putin. He's going to either have to say that he has been in contact with Putin or just a huge liar.

How did he get away with blatantly lying about it during the debate? Ridiculous.

Yeah. Wang doesn't like Silver for some reason or something; there are times I suspect professional jealousy has a lot to do with it. There's been a weird tension between applied analytics folks (think Aaron Schatz, Nate Silver, etc) versus hardcore statisticians for a little while now.

The feeling seems to be mutual. Silver has called out Wang several times, including in his book if I recall correctly. Whenever either talks about the other, you can always tell there's some subtext to what they're saying. Some of it I think is the difference in backgrounds, and there's a little bit of Bayesian vs. frequentist going on (although I think applying such labels to either of them is an oversimplification).

Bowdz

The way that Republican think that the way you display patriotism is by using material objects is offensive as hell.

I agree wholeheartedly. It demonstrates a two dimensional view of what patriotism is like how Trump thinks playing the theme of Air Force One when he lands his plane makes him look presidential.

Kangi

I love how they say that there's nothing anyone can do about it, as if people are fighting for them to stick around.

omhCWPW.gif

Teggy

Jonathan AlterVerified account
‏@jonathanalter
Every Sanders delegate will wear a lime green (so it can't be green screened) tee shirt reading "Enough is Enough". I'm told: No walkout.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
‏@jonathanalter
Every Sanders delegate will wear a lime green (so it can't be green screened) tee shirt reading "Enough is Enough". I'm told: No walkout.

what are they supposed to be green screening?

hawk2025

I love how their plan changes every half hour.

Surely they have an excellent idea on how people should actually run a country, though!

‏@jonathanalter

They can't even decide whether or not they want to be there?

Just fucking kick them out.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I made the mistake of reading comments on a Bernie or Bust article.

Yep they are the Liberal Tea party:

-Stubborn
-Rude
-Don't know the facts
-Shortsighted

I'm sorry. I really think Dems should be more vocal for Palestinans rights but the fact that people think this is the issue when the other dude promised to ban 1 billion people, adopt collective punishment far worse than Israel's current policies, commit war crimes , and deport 12 million.

He's also far crazier in his view and promised day one he'll basically inflame the problem by saying we support an undivided Jerusalem.

The amount that some people on the left care about that issue to the exclusion of others is absurd.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
‏@jonathanalter
These people are so fucking dumb.

I think we're doing something with signs in the crowd like people have to hold them up to project something on it or something.

I think they want to mess that up.

Even their slogan doesn't make sense

It just sounds like some generic political thing.

One could easily (and more likely) just assume it refers to GOP obstruction...

I think we're doing something with signs in the crowd like people have to hold them up to project something on it or something.

I think they want to mess that up.

They're going to be so far apart from each other, some half asleep senator has the same chance of messing it up by forgetting to hold the sign up lol

These Bernie supporters really piss me off. They alienate those who would be their allies, choosing to dish out purity tests instead of finding common ground. I bet over half of them couldn't give you a 3 specific points on what makes the TPP so motherfucking world-ending.

I used to loathe whenever Dems made attempts to cater to moderates, but now I prefer that over catering any more than they already have to these spoiled entitled babies any day of the week.

Go and waste your vote on Stein and bitch for the next four years while those who get it try and move that ever-so-slow progress meter further upwards.

Teggy

Ladies and gentleman, your republican nominee:

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 59s60 seconds ago
"I was gonna hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin they'd never recover," Trump says of Dem speakers

Teggy

If you're talking about the green vests, those are whips. I haven't seen any green shirt people. I assume they wouldn't wear them in, because we'd just refuse them entry. Simple enough.

I've definitely seem them on CNN. They are a neon green, more like a yellow. They say "Enough is Enough" on then and something else below them. The camera didn't stay on it long enough to see, maybe on purpose.

Edit: duh, that's what Tivo is for. They are yellow shirts with "Enough is Enough" - Bernie Sanders in green lettering on them. There is a drawing of Birdie Sanders (the bird, not the guy) near the top.

mo60

Ladies and gentleman, your republican nominee:

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 59s60 seconds ago
"I was gonna hit a number of those speakers so hard their heads would spin they'd never recover," Trump says of Dem speakers

Trump can't go a day without saying something stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom