• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VRMN

It occurs to me that the Busters are probably going to blow the intended card stunt at the end of the Clinton speech.

Teggy

They are saying these are the total times that the network cut away from the speakers. The numbers in the RNC column are greater.

Of course, they are talking 15-30 seconds out of an hour, so it's kind of stupid.
They do argue that the networks didn't cover Joni Ernst, but I don't think she even started talking until after 11pm, which was after the big speaker for that night had finished up.

Edit: I'm dumb

JP_

Banned
They are saying these are the total times that the network cut away from the speakers. The numbers in the RNC column are greater.

But it's labeled "TIME IN EVENING NETWORKS CUT AWAY FROM LIVE CONVENTION COVERAGE"

Like, 11:28 means they cut away at 11:28pm

Another quote: "All three networks cut away before 11PM on Monday night of the RNC’s convention when Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA), a rising star in our party, had yet to speak."

That'd line up with the DNC column (all list 10:59), so I think it's mislabeled.

Yeah uh. They have they chart numbers reversed, or they're idiots.

And it's not the networks' fault if they start a speaker after 11, lol. That's openly admitting you wanted bonus time.

Edit: Seems fixed. Oops. Still, it's silly to complain about extra time when you're mad you didn't get the extra time you wanted. Why did everyone cut away so late on Tuesday? Bubba ended precisely on time for the networks.

More edit: Bitching about the POTUS getting extra time is kinda bullshit. President gets to speak as much as they want, whenever they want, wherever they want.

Tangent from the DNC, but why is Missouri not considered a swing state? It wasn't all that close in 2012 but it was absurdly close in 2008 and seems to have a decent number of elected local Democrats, why isn't it given the same attention that like, North Carolina is?

Of course, they are talking 15-30 seconds out of an hour, so it's kind of stupid. They do argue that the networks didn't cover Joni Ernst, but I don't think she even started talking until after 11pm, which was after the big speaker for that night had finished up.
Doesn't say that. And I was watching CBS. They cut away aright around 11:45.

Time in Evening Network cutaway. That's when they stopped.

Teggy

But it's labeled "TIME IN EVENING NETWORKS CUT AWAY FROM LIVE CONVENTION COVERAGE"

Like, 11:28 means they cut away at 11:28pm

Another quote: "All three networks cut away before 11PM on Monday night of the RNC’s convention when Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA), a rising star in our party, had yet to speak."

That'd line up with the DNC column (all list 10:59), so I think it's mislabeled.

Sorry, you're right, I read it wrong. I think the columns are reversed. Obama spoke until 11:45 last night so it would make sense if that was the cutaway time for the DNC on night 3.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Yeah I was just thinking about that, they're thinking green screens operate opposite how they actually do?

Presumably all the signs to be held up are green right? And they'll map some image or slogan across them in real time?

I don't see how them wearing green will do anything other than filling in some gaps and making it seem less organic (by like 0.1%).

I actually wish they had covered Joni Ernst and the rest of the speakers after Melania.

"Behold! Joni Ernst and the damn near empty convention! These people are basically talking to no one!"

Maledict

Tangent from the DNC, but why is Missouri not considered a swing state? It wasn't all that close in 2012 but it was absurdly close in 2008 and seems to have a decent number of elected local Democrats, why isn't it given the same attention that like, North Carolina is?

From memory Missouri is one of the most Inelastic states in the country. Which means it's easy to get to 40% of the vote as a democrat, but practically impossible to get to 50% - there's a very hard cap on how much of the vote you can get which makes winning incredibly difficult.

remist

The convention has gone pretty well. One last protest from Bernie supporters is not a big deal. Democrats should just brush this off their shoulders and move on.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The convention has gone pretty well. One last protest from Bernie supporters is not a big deal. Democrats should just brush this off their shoulders and move on.
They're not Bernie supporters. They're just shitheads.

Except it's disrespectful as fuck. But that's what this small, small segment of people have been the entire time. So I shouldn't be surprised.

Maledict

The first female nominee and these supposed "progressives" want to throw a final tantrum and ruin what should be an amazing moment. Bunch of complete shit heads.

Welp. If watching Trump be bonkers last week didn't convince them to not get themselves arrested, and if the actual vote counts didn't convince them, and if getting almost their entire platform didn't convince them, and if Sanders himself telling them to STFU didn't convince them, and Sanders personally moving to suspend the rules to nominate Clinton, and every goddamn speaker mentioning Sanders in some way didn't convince them? Yeah there's no convincing them.

DNC needs to clean house before the evening program. And, no, this isn't "protesting" at this point. It's just being an obnoxious bastard on private property at an event that I'm sure has disclaimers for disorderly conduct. If you were to attend a basketball game at this same facility you'd get kicked out for being a nuisance to public sanity. This is no different. And, full disclosure, I'd have been irked had Trump been interrupted during his own acceptance speech.

Effect

Was at the bottom of the last page. Reposting.

Check the views from the MSNBC cameras. I've seen some there down in front unless I'm wrong and I hope I am.

Diablos

Oh wait. Did I get the whips confused with these people? I saw a bunch towards the front of the stage. They're still there. Right in front.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If that was the aim, that's kinda brilliant.

LOOK AT HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE WEARING OUR SHIRTS! ....IN THE AISLES AND DIRECTING PEOPLE TO THE RESTROOMS!
"Excuse me sir I need to take a shit vote for Hillary, can you please lead me to the nearest non-gendered restroom voting booth?"

Edit:
They're trying to blend in with the whips...
Does this technically count as ghost riding the whips?

Throw them the fuck out. Enough is enough. If the DNC allows the Bernie delegates to stay for Hillary's speech, honestly, it's on them. GET. OUT.

I can guarantee you that:

1) Security will make sure no one gets on stage

2) Even if they somehow got on stage momentarily, the DNC can easily spin it as Hillary-Haters being unfit to be in politics. "The RNC's Lock-Her-Up chants lead to individuals committing treason."

3) Hillary will not be personally affected by the attempt to arrest her. I'm sure she has dealt with and been through worse.

4) The moment these crazies commit treason, their movement completely dies. No one wants to be associated with treason.

remist

I can guarantee you that:

1) Security will make sure no one gets on stage

2) Even if they somehow got on stage momentarily, the DNC can easily spin it as Hillary-Haters being unfit to be in politics. "The RNC's Lock-Her-Up chants lead to individuals committing treason."

3) Hillary will not be personally affected by the attempt to arrest her. I'm sure she has dealt with and been through worse.

4) The moment these crazies commit treason, their movement completely dies. No one wants to be associated with treason.
Treason?

From memory Missouri is one of the most Inelastic states in the country. Which means it's easy to get to 40% of the vote as a democrat, but practically impossible to get to 50% - there's a very hard cap on how much of the vote you can get which makes winning incredibly difficult.

You're probably thinking of Mississippi. Missouri's elasticity is pretty much average. The issue with Missouri is that it has been generally trending Republican (though one should take into account that Obama targeted Missouri in 2008 but not, IIRC, in 2012). Trends in North Carolina have generally been more favorable to Democrats.

HylianTom

Banned
https://twitter.com/Kevinliptakcnn/status/758797426085941248

This pic, my god..

CofKL8WUIAEIz8g.jpg:large

Brinbe

One thing to consider, the very thought that a few dozen idiots will try something in front of 20 thousand of her most ardent supporters is kind of laughable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom