• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh sorry I work with a Bernie or Bust person. Just knowing how childish they are, it's sooooo aggravating. They're about as annoying as fundamentalist evangelical Christians.

That's not really fair!

One group is fanatically tied to doctrine, they themselves can only live up to their own standards, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is going to bring about the destruction of America!

The other is a religious movement.

Also let's no longer call them Bernie or Bust. They're not Bernie supporters. They're just left wing people who aren't interested in actual governance. They want to just prove something. Bernie did everything he could and should do to work to unify the party.

Diablos

That's not really fair!

One group is fanatically tied to doctrine, they themselves can only live up to their own standards, and anyone who doesn't agree with them is going to bring about the destruction of America!

The other is a religious movement.
But they annoy me all the same. When you obsess over purity for any reason it's just gross

But they annoy me all the same. When you obsess over purity for any reason it's just gross

They annoy me too, but they're 20 people in a room of thousands of people who are hardcore fans of Hillary and will be cheering and screaming and drowning out anything they do. And if they act up in the silence, they'll be shamed by some old congress woman giving them a dirty look.

You can't start any sort of chant when the energy in the room is so tilted towards the person on stage. There were pitiful attempts last night to derail Obama and they all died instantly as people told them to shut up and promptly ignored them.

They're waiting for Hillary perhaps. On their best behavior for a reason.

Ugh sorry I work with a Bernie or Bust person. Just knowing how childish they are, it's sooooo aggravating. They're about as annoying as fundamentalist evangelical Christians.

I say you deal with BoBers the same way you deal with hardcore Trumpsters.

Any time your coworker brings up a complaint about Hillary, just respond with "Hey that's really cool, but you know what I think is most important?" ("What?") "You Lost. Get Over It."

Boke1879

He should have dropped out in March. That's what he should have done.

But he didn't. come on man. For all intent and purposes the DNC has gone smoothly. They can try to chant, but they'll be shut up immediately. Thousands of people in that room will be firmly Hillary.

remist

He should have dropped out in March. That's what he should have done.
Disagree. The party is stronger overall because of the concessions he was able to get to the platform, rules and DNC. I doubt that would have happened if he conceded that early.

Diablos

Disagree. The party is stronger overall because of the concessions he was able to get to the platform, rules and DNC. I doubt that would have happened if he conceded that early.
Platform doesn't matter. Hillary will be more of a centrist than Obama.

Mary is tipsy I think

Word from the hornets nest (lord knows why I dive into it) Busters are asking for more shirt people to join them, as there are only 12 there right now

12 (as of an hour ago)

This will be nothing

They also say they want to be seen, not heard. Honestly, I can accept this form of protest, this I don't mind one bit as long as they're respectful of the speakers

“We wanted to have an appreciation for Bernie Sanders in a way that was visible, but respectful of Hillary Clinton,” added Javier Anderson, a New York delegate.

jbug617

Banned
This is the shirt
CofMnjSUkAEszyZ.jpg

thcsquad

Most of the picks she had were bad. Warren isn't great IMO. Kaine is probably the best pick.

I think if Kaine had an eight minute speech in Hickenlooper's timeslot, he would have been just as forgettable. I still don't know if Hickenlooper would have done as well as Kaine in primetime, though.

Booker would have given a good speech, just as he did in his earlier timeslot, but I do agree that Kaine works for a lot of reasons.

Wilsongt

I know these people are upset their God didn't get the nomination. I would be upset if Hillary didn't get the nom.

But my God. These people need to take several seats and grow the fuck up.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I had no problem with him staying in the race to fight to push the platform left, but his rhetoric about the party being rigged and corrupt created the toxic environment we have now from certain supporters.

Brinbe

enough is enough of what? They already apologized and DWS stepped down. What else could they be upset about? They didn't rig the entire thing you morons.

If they want to wear the shirt and have a quiet protest, I would take it at this point.

This is how they should have been protesting all along. I can respect this method (and the glowing shirts are sweet)

The original plan doesn't even sound like a protest, just having respect for Bernie.

“This is not against her at all. This is just saying ‘We’re here, we have a common cause, and we’re ready to win in November,' ” he said. “We want her to hopefully understand that we’re doing it for him as much as we are doing it for her.”

Here's an article about Bernie launching his campaign with "Enough is Enough" from May 2015:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/bernie-sanders-enough-is-enough/

The senator laid out his liberal agenda, including ideas like raising the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour, implementing a Medicare-for-all health care system, investing $1 trillion in infrastructure, make tuition in public universities free, combating climate change, and rolling back the impact of the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision.

"And that is: you can't have it all," Sanders continued. "You can't get huge tax breaks while children in this country go hungry. You can't continue sending our jobs to China while millions are looking for work. You can't hide your profits in the Cayman Islands and other tax havens, while there are massive unmet needs on every corner of this nation. To the billionaire case, I say your greed has got to end. You cannot take advantage of all the benefits of America, if you refuse to accept your responsibilities."

Literally everything has either been written into the platform now, acceded to by Hillary, or already in line with the goals of the Democratic Party.

Diablos

This is how they should have been protesting all along. I can respect this method (and the glowing shirts are sweet)
No guarantee they stay quiet for Hillary.

They're bright and distracting and say "I've had enough". Revoke their credentials.

Edit: sorry I know that sounds harsh but i don't know why the DNC continues to tolerate these kiddies

Granholm is finally giving this dull night some energy.

Speaking as a Kentuckian who only knows Jennifer Granholm from her speech in '12 and this year, I think she's an awesome speaker. Would've been great to see her debate Sarah Palin.

Davenport, Iowa (CNN)Donald Trump, after hearing speeches at the Democratic convention this week, said Thursday he wanted to "hit a number of those speakers so hard, their heads would spin."

"They'd never recover," he said.
The Republican nominee zoomed in on one speaker especially, though he didn't mention his name.

"I was going to hit one guy in particular, a very little guy," Trump said to laughs at a campaign rally in Davenport, Iowa. "I was going to hit this guy so hard his head would spin, he wouldn't know what the hell happened."

Trump said this individual "came out of nowhere" and had done work with Trump in the past. "He made deals with me. 'Will you help me with this? Would you make this deal and solve the problem?' I solved the problem," Trump said.

His campaign did not respond to a request asking to clarify who Trump was talking about.

Several speakers this week have gone after Trump in Philadelphia, including Michael Bloomberg. The former New York City mayor made a surprise endorsement over the weekend for Hillary Clinton, and described Trump in his DNC speech Wednesday night as a "dangerous demagogue."

Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine also targeted Trump, mocking the businessman's tendency to accentuate his promises with a plea of "believe me."
"He said a lot of things about me, I never met the guy," Trump said. "I mean the things that were said about me. I mean, should I go through some of the names?"
Trump recalled telling a friend this week that he wanted to retaliate against the people who slammed him at the convention, mentioning current New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio by name.

"I was going to say that de Blasio is the worst mayor in the history of the city, but I didn't say it," Trump said to laughs. "He's a terrible mayor. I was going to say that, but now I won't say it.

Trump said his friend, who he labeled a "very great governor," urged him to stay focused on attacking Clinton, not other Democrats.

"He said, 'Don't hit there. Don't hit down. You have one person to beat. It's Hillary Rodham Clinton,'" Trump recalled, adding that he initially objected to the advice. "I said, 'But I really want to. I don't like what they're saying because a lot of it is lies. Not all of it but a lot of it is.' I said, 'I just really ... it makes me feel good.'"

Ultimately, he said, he conceded and decided not to launch into verbal assaults against the Democrats.

"But every once in a while I still wake up, I say 'boy, I wanna,'" Trump said, growling as he stopped himself from saying more. "Someday!"

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/politics/donald-trump-dnc-response/index.html#

Sounds stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom