• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's nothing. He's going to say we shouldn't help NATO or that Muslims are out of control. No one will care. Then Hillary will say something about Nancy Reagan and the world will melt down.

I don't think Hillary can do anything to convince them to like her, really. Especially if the DNC didn't convince them. What she can do is convince them that Trump or the Independent candidates are worse.

I hate to agree with him, but Rush Limbaugh basically said the same thing. Hillary is already "baked in" as far as her likability goes, from here on out it's all about cutting down Trump as much as possible.

30 mins. It's also a politico writer so there's a chance it's *nothing* but we'll see.

This is almost certainly what Thrush was talking about:

CosfNd4VYAEDWOD.jpg

It's this

@GlennThrush
Trump, on Russia, to @GStephanopoulos: okay with Crimea annexation. 'people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia'

Glenn sux. People don't care about Russia.

EDIT: Wait lmaoo:
Wait, there's more: Trump says he won't release his returns, really, because reporters were able to find bad stuff in Mitt's.

Suddenly Trump hearts Mitt (on tax returns) 'They made him look so bad. I think he lost because of a couple of minor items in a tax return'

https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/759737912455946240

------

Morning Consult:
#NEW National GE:

Clinton 41% (+5)
Trump 36%
Johnson 11%

A 9% Shift Towards Clinton In A Week

@MorningConsult
https://morningconsult.com/2016/07/31/presidential-poll-hillary-clinton-donald-trump/

C 43/40 H2H

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
It's this

@GlennThrush
Trump, on Russia, to @GStephanopoulos: okay with Crimea annexation. 'people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia'

That's a ridiculous statement.

LOL this guy.

He just basically confirmed he has bad stuff in his tax returns.

Also, am I mistaken, or did they not find "bad stuff" in Romney's returns?

Y2Kev

Wait, how does Hillary have 45 percent in split vote and 43 head to head? 2 percent of people who support Hillary in split vote go to Trump when the choice is just the two of them? How does that make any sense?
Johnson voters that won't vote for Hillary at all?

Also she's getting a great bump.

Xis

He just basically confirmed he has bad stuff in his tax returns.

Also, am I mistaken, or did they not find "bad stuff" in Romney's returns?

Trump made the Romney comparison last week. And Trump's point is that they *didn't* find anything bad in the Romney returns, but the Dems made it look bad anyhow.

I'm in love with this elevator story. So Trump's people get control of the lift, and they screw it up and get him stuck between floors.

That's a pretty amazing metaphor.

Diablos

MSNBC talking about Hillary forgetting to humanize herself after the DNC and is back to yelling into the mic too much and not modulating her tone. I dunno

Diablos

Johnson at 11%? Crazy. If RMoney endorses he's getting on the debate stage.

Kasich isn't going to endorse Hillary. He just made that pretty clear. Accused her of pandering too much. Uh ok

I don't think it translates into an electoral landslide.

And I don't think it's "just this" now being the thing that does it, it's all those things you listed and more. It's everything between now and November.

I'd like to think that not everyone is as spineless as Paul Ryan (who I don't actually think will vote for Trump in the solitude of the voting booth).

And in the solitude of the voting booth, does one really see the suburban mother of two daughters, who may just happen to normally vote GOP because of taxes or something... is going to vote for Donald Trump?

I would like to think that people are just tuned out of the election and once we get closer to November common sense will prevail and it's a wipeout. But there are a group of people who 1) are attracted to the Trump name (pseudo-successful) 2) are pure racists/nationalists and 3) are republicans no matter what. So that helps explain why his electorate couldn't care less about his lack of knowledge. Voter psychology is weird.

At this point, those who don't want Clinton don't have a choice, especially if they are looking at the Supreme Court. It's hilarious to think how religious groups are supporting Trump when he's had 3 wifes and is religious because he won "bigly" with the evangelicals.

Trump defies political gravity, and it's pretty amazing how he's able to do that.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Johnson at 11%? Crazy. If RMoney endorses he's getting on the debate stage.

Kasich isn't going to endorse Hillary. He just made that pretty clear. Accused her of pandering too much. Uh ok

Seriously, I don't see Hillary voters being swayed to Johnson. Trump-leaning voters, though? It's possible.

Iolo

It's this

@GlennThrush

This is more serious than people are thinking... It confirms Manafort is whispering sweet Russias in Trump's ear.

Teggy

Remember that time they looked at Romney's tax return and it said he thought that 47% of Americans were freeloaders?

No one cared about Romney's tax returns.

Iolo

Whenever the Times or the Post report that a Trump remark received bipartisan condemnation, it's always the strategists Stuart Stevens, John Weaver, or Mike Murphy. Elected Republicans are just silent.

Y2Kev

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!

can
not
let
it
go

teiresias

‏@realDonaldTrump
I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!

can
not
let
it
go

Holy hell, for someone so willing to throw out personal attacks it's amazing how thinskinned he is.

Sounds like he doesn't even understand why people are mad if he's referencing the Iraq vote, just completely clueless.

Iolo

I read the piece in the Post by Khan's wife. May I just reiterate that Donald Trump is a vile piece of human garbage.

‏@realDonaldTrump

can
not
let
it
go

His VP voted for the Iraq war.

Oh right, he can make a mistake but she can't!

kadotsu

Banned
The Democrats need to tap into some of their Union contacts to come out and dump on Trump. That way they can finally get him to insult some rust belt voters.

Vahagn

The Democrats need to tap into some of their Union contacts to come out and dump on Trump. That way they can finally get him to insult some rust belt voters.

Actually super brilliant. I mean his voters are racist scum anyway, but it might peel off a couple anyway.

Just went into CNN's page and saw the headline "Khan: Trump has a 'black soul'"

That's not good. Staying quiet and dignified, no matter how shitty personally, makes Trump look more evil. Actually going on a multi day attack campaign isn't great for optics :/

ampere

Might be the first time that I've felt a feeling of respect for the Koch brothers.

Eh, it's still a money thing. Trump will be bad for the economy and even with the tax cuts he'll give the rich, the Kochs are likely predicting that they'll have a net loss under a Trump presidency. I mean we have literally no idea what shit he'll try to do, he'll fuck up trade deals which could hurt their exports and international production, and he has a child's understanding of finance.

So I wouldn't give the Kochs any credit for being nice guys, they'll still all about that Koch.

Khizr Khan said this in 2015

This is the time for us American Muslims to rat out any traitor who walks amongst us. This is high time for Muslims to stand firm [against terrorists],” the elder Khan recounted. “Among us hides the enemies of the value system of this country. And we need to defend it. And if it means ratting out the traitors who hide behind an American passport, that’s what we need to do.

Trump has no idea what he's gotten himself into. The judge wasn't really able to properly defend himself due to his position. The Khans have nothing at all to lose and everything to gain by fighting this fight for as long as the media will let them.

ampere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom