• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some interesting numbers in that ABC Poll, though.

56% of people think Trump is biased against women and minorities.
55% of people want someone with political experience.
83% of people want a President who puts race relations as a major focus.

Who can best handle: (Hillary's number first)

Economy----45/45
Terrorism-----47/43
Immigration----57/36
International Crisis---59/31
Race relations---58/26(!)
Looking out for the middle class-----50/37
Taxes-----46/43

The fact that Hilary continues to win the terrorism/international polls should be horrifying for republicans since that is there bread and butter.

gcubed

This is big.

This goes back to what keV or alt-kev said earlier, the number of white males he had to win was based on Obama's numbers. She's exceeding Obama's numbers with all minority groups and white women and college educated white people. That white male number cited months ago isn't enough to offset her gains with every other demographic

I honestly don't see any viable way this is even going to be an election that lasts beyond 9pm eastern unless turnout is catastrophically low on the Dem side

Boke1879

This goes back to what keV or alt-kev said earlier, the number of white males he had to win was based on Obama's numbers. She's exceeding Obama's numbers with all minority groups and white women and college educated white people. That white male number cited months ago isn't enough to offset her gains with every other demographic

I honestly don't see any viable way this is even going to be an election that lasts beyond 9pm eastern unless turnout is catastrophically low on the Dem side

And I just don't see that happening. Not once we get past the DNC and the campaign machine really kicks into high gear.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The Pence rollout has been a massive flop

Probably why Trump was desperately trying to get out of it after leaking the news.

Wow--just saw this Michigan news:

Through May,
Detroit Free Press said:
"Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Democratic nominee for president, has a leg up in Michigan, fueled by a growing campaign staff and a far greater network of donors — nearly 16,000 people — who have showered her war chest with cash.

Meanwhile, New York businessman Donald Trump, who is scheduled to become the Republican presidential nominee later this week at the GOP’s convention in Cleveland, has one staffer on the ground and has only attracted 252 Michigan donors to his campaign."

Well, it is through May, which is before Trump's fundraising took off, so it's kind of misleading, but still.

That said, I don't think it matters. I think Hillary is wasting a ton of money running these ads at this point. Nothing really matters until September/October, probably.

Great more ranting:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
.@FoxNews is much better, and far more truthful, than @CNN, which is all negative. Guests are stacked for Crooked Hillary! I don't watch.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1h1 hour ago
The ratings at @FoxNews blow away the ratings of @CNN - not even close. That's because CNN is the Clinton News Network and people don't like

Seriously doesn't anyone tell him to keep on message?

I think he's going to have a meltdown days before the election if its completely obvious he's going to lose big time.

44% is alot of people who thinks he's not biased against women and minorities 0_o

Seriously. How can anyone honestly look at Trump's entire history and this campaign and not think he's a misogynistic, racist asshole? It's as obvious as his awful hair and Hulk Hogan tan

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Seriously. How can anyone honestly look at Trump's entire history and this campaign and not think he's a misogynistic, racist asshole? It's as obvious as his awful hair and Hulk Hogan tan

Because they themselves are misogynistic and racist, and probably don't admit it.

HylianTom

Banned
!

@ElizabethForMA:
Nasty name-calling & lies about my family aren’t going to shut me up, @realDonaldTrump. Is that really all you’ve got?

It might blow your mind that a woman worked hard & earned a good job on her own, @realDonaldTrump, but it’s not the 1800s. It happens.

You want to talk about who’s a fraud, @realDonaldTrump? How about this? http://bit.ly/29ErIQq

Or this, @realDonaldTrump? http://bit.ly/29ZZONc

(I think her twitter people are doing it again..)

Valkrai

Great more ranting:

Seriously doesn't anyone tell him to keep on message?

I think he's going to have a meltdown days before the election if its completely obvious he's going to lose big time.

Didn't he also talk major shit about Fox News and Megyn Kelly not that long ago either?

!

@ElizabethForMA:

(I think her twitter people are doing it again..)

I'd love to see her be VP destroying Trump at every turn but I doubt it'll actually happen.

Emarv

Trump really is the Fox News/conservative talk show Candidate. On a morning where he should be worried about polling or trying to push a narrative for the convention in 1 day or take advantage of the global turmoil, INSTEAD he's distracted by Hillary's VP choice.

Probably because he knows his VP rollout and choice was terrible and is trying to distract the only way he knows how.

HylianTom

Banned
At this point, it's looking more and more like a Trump-RNC bounce would bring him back to a tie at best. And that's generously assuming he can bounce through that supposed ceiling.

And ElizabethForMA is still at it..
You’re nothing but a thin-skinned bully and a lousy, cheating businessman, @realDonaldTrump. The sham is over.

At this point, it's looking more and more like a Trump-RNC bounce would bring him back to a tie at best. And that's generously assuming he can bounce through that supposed ceiling.

And ElizabethForMA is still at it..

Warren needs to attack him every fucking day, he is going to snap

And look at what Warren is posting, this is going to be the tip of the iceberg of what the DNC has waiting for Trump

One fun effect of Warren being VP is that he might actually be dumb enough to spend more time attacking Warren than going after Clinton. Warren would destroy Pence in actual debate where he was forced to defend the top of his ticket. He has a hard enough time defending on his own convictions.

I almost wish Hillary could debate Pence and Warren debate Trump with the histories they both have. Maybe they should actually try a joint Prez/VP debate.

Also, who's curious what Trump does if/when Pence has a Palin style meltdown in an interview?

Kusagari

There are some interesting numbers in that ABC Poll, though.

56% of people think Trump is biased against women and minorities.
55% of people want someone with political experience.
83% of people want a President who puts race relations as a major focus.

Who can best handle: (Hillary's number first)

Economy----45/45
Terrorism-----47/43
Immigration----57/36
International Crisis---59/31
Race relations---58/26(!)
Looking out for the middle class-----50/37
Taxes-----46/43

Trump being tied with her on the economy is atrocious. That should be the one thing he wins for sure.

But he's a terrible businessman and she made a hundred times return on a cattle deal. She should be beating him on everything.
He's a nincompoop.

Owzers

That Trump/Pence joint interview where Trump changes the subject by saying Hillary invented ISIS...these debates are going to be a mess.

We all know Trump is a terrible businessman but the public at large doesn't. Even the people I know in real life who hate his guts still think he is some amazing businessman with 10 billion dollars.

Michigan closer than Ohio?
The people of Detroit know the real cost of Hillary Clinton's free trade policies.

dilapidatd2.jpg

60732bd6b8ef36b05ec0561d5a4fe22c.jpg

Valhelm

contribute something
I don't think this would be entirely along gender lines. There are plenty of [younger gay] men and Kev, to whom a two-woman ticket is actually more appealing.

By the same regard there are women for whom unconscious bias ingrained by culture makes the idea of a two-woman ticket unappealing.

I think this is something that polling probably doesn't capture well either. Because no one wants to consciously admit to being someone who wouldn't vote for two women, or a gay man, or a black person. Especially anyone who self-identifies as liberal.

Yeah. A lingering fear of mine is that Trump could pull a surprise win due to race and gender biases that voters don't want to admit to the pollster.

If we get more and more dead cops at the hands of assault rifles (even though that's a stupid term), I could easily see a major push to ban them in a 1990's style ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom