• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Watson‏Verified account @tomwatson 5m5 minutes ago

Wow - Nunes just said there are "multiple FISA warrants out there" involving Trump.

Is he even allowed to be saying this stuff in public?

If anything this will continue to drive the calls for an independent investigation into these issues. We're past the point where we can trust the committees to do their jobs objectively.

pigeon

Banned
It's unbelievable to me that the day after the Manafort files come out and it's proven he literally took money to interfere in US politics on behalf of Putin, the most crazy story is actually Nunes acting like William H. Macy's character in Fargo. What the fuck is going on with him?

tbm24

Well it's clear as day that Nunes tossed this out to let Trump try and claim he was right with his bullshit. This is fucking unbelievable. This is the most pathetic Whitehouse and Administration.

Emarv

This is all just building up to a headline by Fox and Breitbart saying "Trump Vindicated in wiretap claim!", right? Feels like jumbled misinformation.

Maxim726X

Nunes took what was basically nothing and, in trying to validate boss Donny, ended up making the story about how big of an idiot he is.

'No one knows I'm doing this, and I actually have no information... But Trump may have been compromised at some point. Maybe. I don't really know. AND even if I did know, I couldn't say!'

Every day is something new and exciting with this shitshow.

Trump's Administration makes Ace Attorney look like it's his political Situation.

Again, I'm fully awaiting for Trump to be the one taken down by some inane evidence ala Investigations 1.

C0xx_8_XAAAm9OU.jpg

It's going to happen, isn't it?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
This is all just building up to a headline by Fox and Breitbart saying "Trump Vindicated in wiretap claim!", right? Feels like jumbled misinformation.

"Celebration! Trump was right! He *was* wiretapped! As part of a legal criminal investigation. Victory!"

This is where we're at somehow

Allard

Nunes took what was basically nothing and, in trying to validate boss Donny, ended up making the story about how big of an idiot he is.

I just don't understand it. Even if he was implicated or is potentially compromised why the hell would you draw attention to the one thing that basically every other republican is telling you to sweep under the rug. This is why. Wiretaps don't just magically exist at the whim of another party's leader or party surrogates, it goes through multiple points of contact and requires more then slight probable cause to be granted them. Why the hell would you actually want to be vindicated on the claim you got wiretapped by your government, why would any of your surrogates want to help vindicate you on this fact, why make it public. Forget being unable to see the forest through the trees, these people can't even see the trees through a leaf. Their minds are so focused on created a partisan stir they play right into making the story more about them then what they hoped to get from it.

So, is the AHCA being shot down actually a good thing? Seems like most the no votes are from people who want ALL of obamacare repealed, which would leave people with preexisting conditions and 20 year old college students screwed. At least this seems to retain those things, as bad as it is. Im afraid they might go crazy and remove all of it if it doesnt pass.

So, is the AHCA being shot down actually a good thing? Seems like most the no votes are from people who want ALL of obamacare repealed, which would leave people with preexisting conditions and 20 year old college students screwed. At least this seems to retain those things, as bad as it is. Im afraid they might go crazy and remove all of it if it doesnt pass.

If they remove those things, then they will struggle to win over moderates - especially those in the Senate.

I'm not sure there's a compromise bill that both moderates/vulnerable Republicans and the HFC will both agree on. Maybe the moderates will turn out to have no spine

That wouldn't pass the Senate.

teiresias

Anything that removes all of those things can't make it through the Senate.

pigeon

Banned
I do think a full repeal vote passes the House. But it can't even go through reconciliation, since it would increase the deficit.

PBY

Banned
Tim Alberta‏Verified account
@TimAlberta

Follow
More
Sense I'm getting is leadership might still put bill on floor even if they're 5-7 votes shy. That margin is looking increasingly realistic.

Hannity is already using Nunes' whatever the hell he's doing as proof that Trump was right.

So there's the true motive behind this fumbling, stumbling, tumbling nonsense.

So wait. Nunes took it on himself to notify Trump about FISA surveillance? How is that legal? Even if it was "incidental" collections from Trump, it still might involve someone Trump is friendly with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom