• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Quigley (D-IL) on MSNBC right now reiterating that there is evidence of coordination. He said not only is there evidence, but that they have probable cause.

Similar to previous statements we've heard he also characterized it as the kind of evidence that you use to investigate further rather than direct evidence in a trial.

Diablos

Um, no. We need to protect our red state Dems as much as we can as well as playing offense in Nevada, Arizona, and Texas.
Well yeah we gotta defend Dems in states like PA (Casey). But I mean forget about expanding the number of Dems. Focus on the House and Govs.

Teggy

The first paragraph is real and promoted the fake second paragraph.

The first paragraph shows that Bannon is a jerkoff who pretends to be wise by making references he doesn't understand (and not making the reference with even the correct author!) and that inspired the second (fake) paragraph.

He really quoted yoda and said that ridiculous strategy line?

Someone point me to the first paragraph because it seems that the whole thing is fake.

A lot of ignorance in OT when it comes to basic things like the difference between House/Senate and who serves in which, basic functions of government, etc. Pretty disappointing.

Well yeah we gotta defend Dems in states like PA (Casey). But I mean forget about expanding the number of Dems. Focus on the House and Govs.

I mean, we should absolutely focus on winning every single winnable race? I don't understand what you're actually arguing besides the fact that we probably can't expand our seat #s in 2018 (which is probably true).

Everywhere. The health bill thread had a post where someone thought Manchin was in the House. Just now someone called Nunes a Senator in the surveillance thread. People who don't understand there are three separate investigations going on between House, Senate, and FBI. It goes on and on.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
The first paragraph is real and promoted the fake second paragraph.

The first paragraph shows that Bannon is a jerkoff who pretends to be wise by making references he doesn't understand (and not making the reference with even the correct author!) and that inspired the second (fake) paragraph.
Except it's not?

People need to stop producing fake tweets, fake article screenshots, etc. Doing far more harm than good.

@costareports
Nunes to me just now: ”I had to go to the White House to meet with a source. Can no one go to the White House anymore?"

5Nl54af.gif

pigeon

Banned
How would Flynn flipping not be evidence to go to trial with?

I think that characterization is not correct.

What I heard Schiff say previously was that he has evidence to indict, not evidence to convict. This is slight code -- it means that they have probable cause (a reasonable person would believe that the crime was probably committed) but not evidence beyond reasonable doubt (a reasonable person could not possibly doubt that the crime was committed).

A lot of ignorance in OT when it comes to basic things like the difference between House/Senate and who serves in which, basic functions of government, etc. Pretty disappointing.

The frightening thing is that on average GAF is wealthier and more educated than most of the US.

The level of discourse for the typical "man on the street" is at the level of YouTube comment threads, not the OT

I think that characterization is not correct.

What I heard Schiff say previously was that he has evidence to indict, not evidence to convict. This is slight code -- it means that they have probable cause (a reasonable person would believe that the crime was probably committed) but not evidence beyond reasonable doubt (a reasonable person could not possibly doubt that the crime was committed).

Isn't testimony from Flynn considered evidence beyond "reasonable doubt" though?

Ogodei

I met McCain at his home in the Phoenix area on the job once. He at least was a nice individual in person. I can't imagine the same can be said of Miller.

My job has a popular story about McCain literally fleeing from constituents through the back door one time (the constituents were cancer survivors and McCain wants to reassign some funding for cancer research because he feels the funding shouldn't be assigned to Department of Defense).

Guy's a coward at the end of the day.

pigeon

Banned
Isn't testimony from Flynn considered evidence beyond "reasonable doubt" though?

If there's no corroborating evidence then it's Flynn's word vs the White House's word.

They need a secondary source or physical evidence or whatever to prove that Flynn is telling the truth.

This is assuming Flynn is testifying. I actually think that he is, but I'm not necessarily sure the evidence that everybody's talking about is Flynn's evidence.

They need more than evidence from an alleged accomplice and they need to corroborate what Flynn is saying if I had to guess?

If there's no corroborating evidence then it's Flynn's word vs the White House's word.

They need a secondary source or physical evidence or whatever to prove that Flynn is telling the truth.

This is assuming Flynn is testifying. I actually think that he is, but I'm not necessarily sure the evidence that everybody's talking about is Flynn's evidence.

This makes sense.

Okay, misread the first paragraph because I skimmed it pretty extremely.

But Bannon did have a terrible reference recently and that inspired the fake paragraphs from Sean.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Paul Ryan said:
“Ninety percent of our conference was very, very upset with about 10 percent, and I didn’t want things being done and said that people would regret,” he said. “So I sent folks home for the weekend to just kind of soak in what had happened, appreciate the situation and start over and get back to work again.”

Yeah, THAT'S what happened. Sure thing, Paul.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
"No, no--don't worry, far right supporters--we SWEAR we will eliminate Obamacare!!!"

I have a feeling we'll be hearing this repeatedly over the next few years.

Until next years reconciliation, they can craft healthcare billls all day long and send them to the senate knowing Dems will filibuster. It's strategically the same as the last 6 years

Plinko

So intelligence agencies are flat out saying they have zero idea what Nunes is even talking about, as they have no clue what intelligence reports he is referring to.

This is getting weirder by the hour.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So intelligence agencies are flat out saying they have zero idea what Nunes is even talking about, as they have no clue what intelligence reports he is referring to.

This is getting weirder by the hour.

At this rate he may just need to resign from his seat altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom