• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

You hand thousands of people 50k bills, with interest, and no way of getting out it via bankruptcy and someone is going to snap and do something dangerous.

It would be destroying the lives of an entire generation of non-profit workers for the sake of some piddly money that amounts to a fraction of a percent of "savings" which would likely end up just costing more money to the government in lawsuits, people quitting their jobs because what's the point, and cleaning up after the riots.

It's a really, really, really dumb idea. REALLY dumb. And extremely dangerous.

They should have just paid for college themselves or asked Mommy and Daddy instead of asking the GOVERNMENT to SUBSIDIZE their education.

When the Democrats get the majority again, they should mother fucking flood the government with entitlements. Just go balls to the wall so it would make it impossible for the GOP to take them away without destroying themselves the next go around. Certainly single payer insurance, that's for sure.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
When the Democrats get the majority again, they should mother fucking flood the government with entitlements. Just go balls to the wall so it would make it impossible for the GOP to take them away without destroying themselves the next go around. Certainly single payer insurance, that's for sure.

I'm down

2022 is going to be a Democrat bloodbath. Unless by some divine joke, Trump is still president in which case 2022 would be a pretty great year for the Democrats with more gains made on top of their big wins in 2018 and 2020.

They'll likely get one, maybe two pieces of major legislation before the Tea Party 2.0 gets back in a 2010 style wave in 2022.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

100% yes. Easy pickings for campaigning, too: Democrats want to spend money on you, while republicans want to spend money on their rich friends.

sazzy

long article on CNN and trump

As Zucker sees it, his pro-Trump panelists are not just spokespeople for a worldview; they are “characters in a drama,” members of CNN’s extended ensemble cast. “Everybody says, ‘Oh, I can’t believe you have Jeffery Lord or Kayleigh McEnany,’ but you know what?” Zucker told me with some satisfaction. “They know who Jeffrey Lord and Kayleigh McEnany are.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/04/magazine/cnn-had-a-problem-donald-trump-solved-it.html

This CEO town hall is amusing. Lady CEO gets up and asks about the challenges associated with education in NY, with students at 34% readiness for college out of high school and Trump asks "So what would you do?"

lol.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
2022 is going to be a Democrat bloodbath. Unless by some divine joke, Trump is still president in which case 2022 would be a pretty great year for the Democrats with more gains made on top of their big wins in 2018 and 2020.

They'll likely get one, maybe two pieces of major legislation before the Tea Party 2.0 gets back in a 2010 style wave in 2022.
I think it's pretty unwise to make any sort of judgement for 2022 this early. We don't know the fallout of the Trump Russia stuff yet and 2022 could be the first nationwide election with much better districting given the new census data and possible Dem pickups in governorships and state legislatures in 2018 and 2020.

Wilsongt

Donald Trump Jr.‏ @DonaldJTrumpJr

Congrats to @Cernovich for breaking the #SusanRice story. In a long gone time of unbiased journalism he'd win the Pulitzer, but not today!
8:41 AM · Apr 4, 2017

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Donald Trump Jr.‏ @DonaldJTrumpJr

Congrats to @Cernovich for breaking the #SusanRice story. In a long gone time of unbiased journalism he'd win the Pulitzer, but not today!
8:41 AM · Apr 4, 2017

What "story?" Everything she did was legal!

What "story?"

This is the question I keep asking myself, since I can't find anything on this "story" other than on Fox New's home page, and even that seems kind of half assed.

Is this supposed to be some kind of master distraction? Where I look, the big story seems to be the healthcare debate starting up again.

This is on Jeff Lord's wiki page:
In June 2015, Lord wrote an open letter to Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the U.S. Democratic Party, asking her to apologize for her party's role in Indian removal, promoting and defending slavery, Confederate secession, and creating segregationist Jim Crow regimes, saying that the Democrats' historical support for such institutions contributed and contributes to the continuing existence of racism and bigotry in American society.
lol

Owzers

This is the question I keep asking myself, since I can't find anything on this "story" other than on Fox New's home page, and even that seems kind of half assed.

Is this supposed to be some kind of master distraction? Where I look, the big story seems to be the healthcare debate starting up again.
The new Farkas.

I'm late on this discussion but Kander would likely lose his cool factor next to another gun-wielding blue eyed pretty white man in Greitens. There's not many options for his future.

Brinbe

And this is why CNN is ratings-driven trash journalism is an abomination and a direct contributor to the rise and Presidency of Trump. It's insidious and unfortunately, unlike some reality TV/Today show bullshit, Zucker's melodramatic fuckery in this instance has real tangible negative on millions of people.

Fucking disgusting is what it is. This fool Zucker thinks he's Vince fucking McMahon over here creating compelling television at the expense of minorities and the underprivileged.

Juliette Kayyem had something very important to say. Susan Rice did not know who the person being monitored was. She saw "US Citizen" in transcripts, and wanted to find out why this citizen had Russian visits/communications for better part of the year. It was her job. It's routine.

Yep. Trump's current approval rating is effectively 0%, meaning it's not possible for him to go any lower. He could bring in Russian prostitutes to piss on the Constitution and and not dip below 30%.

I agree with the sentiment but I think Bush's record low of 25% is probably still a good floor. If they actually passed the AHCA, his support in places like Arkansas would nose dive, which would cost him overall.

Blader

It's amazing to me that the administration is even considering reviving the AHCA so soon after pulling the bill. It had a 17 percent approval rating! The public doesn't forget that a week later, no matter how many arcane changes you make to it. The PR damage is done. Take the L and maybe revisit it in two years.

At the very least, don't start talking about reviving AHCA literally days before you go on recess!

The Trump admin saying "Syria's future is up to its people" and being super soft on Assad and then blaming Obama for this gas attack is fucking disgusting. What a bunch of cowardly, incompetent cunts.

Susan Rice on TV on MSNBC.

Well I'm convinced. I highly doubt there's anything there. The House/Senate can go ahead and investigate and have her testify. The more they dig on this the more likely they're going to run into Russian surveillance.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Susan Rice on TV on MSNBC.

Well I'm convinced. I highly doubt there's anything there. The House/Senate can go ahead and investigate and have her testify. The more they dig on this the more likely they're going to run into Russian surveillance.

Before I went to work this morning I watched Fox News to speed me up and get out the door. They were talking about Rice they seem like she is vindicating everything Trump said this past month.

Schiff responded.

C8lNRGxUQAEzlds.jpg

jtb

Banned
Kander should just go back to the Missouri Senate (House is term limited?).

Or go cash in on his newfound clout and just be a lobbyist for the rest of his career.

Actually he should just run for Kansas governor in 2018 and capitalize on the anti-Brownback wave, Scott Brown style

Ogodei

1958, 1982 and to a lesser extent 1986 were brutal for Republicans.

I think somebody posted the chart in this thread: there have only been three times when the "incumbent" (White House-holding) party didn't suffer minor to severe losses in midterm elections: 1962 (where the Democrats lost a little in the House but gained a little in the Senate for net zero, probably because people were just relieved that they weren't all dead or dying in nuclear fire), 1998 (when the people were sick of GOP overreach vis-a-vis Lewinsky), and 2002, when we were putting colors on TV to tell us how scared we should be.

The right just sees the name and thinks "the black girl that covered up benghazi" they also get to throw in Obama and Hillary into their instinctual reaction. They are using it to distract from russia, but the FBI don't give two shits about their talking points.

However, from what I can see, they have been trying to prep a "political angle" to the FBI investigation and everything they have been doing the past 4 months has to set up doubt in their supporters minds so that when the hammer does drop, they don't lose support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom