• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Ice

Banned
She's like a lab-grown liberal hero... jesus...

+ Fought against Wall Street
+ Endorsed by Kamala Harris
+ Literally learned from Elizabeth Warren

I think CA45 went for Clinton because California's rich elite hate Donald Trump.
So sounds like we need to cut some Kander clones and make clones of Porter too lol.

Slacker

Joy Reid posted this sort is crazy when you put it in this context.

Today, an American president blamed a war crime committed against children by a foreign dictator, on the previous American president.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/849352486926286848
It really is amazing. Though I guess it could have been slightly worse. He could have responded with, "What like we're so innocent? You think the US hasn't gassed people?"

Never in a million years did I think we'd have an American president who shits on his country as much as Trump does.

Buzzfeed strikes again;

A short section in Judge Neil Gorsuch’s 2006 book appears to copy — at times word-for-word — from a 1984 law review article by a lawyer in Indiana. Other sections of his book that were reviewed by BuzzFeed News contain additional apparent attribution errors.

The section at issue in his book, The Future of Assisted Suicide and Euthanasia, is a brief one: It is a summary of the facts and ruling in the 1982 case of Baby Doe, a baby born in Indiana with Down syndrome. It takes up only two paragraphs and seven endnotes in a book that covers more than 300 pages, including endnotes. The book came out of his 2004 Doctor of Philosophy dissertation from the University of Oxford.

The section, however, repeats language and sourcing from another work — Abigail Lawlis Kuzma’s 1984 Indiana Law Journal article, “The Legislative Response to Infant Doe.”

Holmes

Mimi Walters is getting a legit challenger.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...fessor-to-challenge-1491180370-htmlstory.html

CA45 was +12 Romney, but swung dramatically towards Clinton where she beat Trump by 5.
Sabato is so bearish on people challenging incumbents, especially so early in the cycle. Republicans and Republican-leaning indies in Orange county are not Trump Republicans, they are closer aligned to Romney, Bush, the likes. Much like the Atlanta suburbs, for example. Walters and Issa will be in trouble next year.

Sabato is so bearish on people challenging incumbents, especially so early in the cycle. Republicans and Republican-leaning indies in Orange county are not Trump Republicans, they are closer aligned to Romney, Bush, the likes. Much like the Atlanta suburbs, for example. Walters and Issa will be in trouble next year.
It's not a bad philosophy. Waves tend to break late, its way too early to start salivating at all the Republican incumbents we can take down.

Like even if Ossoff wins, while I'd be excited there's no way of knowing if that would translate into a big win a year and a half from now.

Pixieking

Banned
Ivanka's comment about being complicit just makes me think of sympathisers during the Nazi regime - "Sure, I was complicit in genocide... But I tried to do some good. What the hell do you people want from me?"

mo60

Issa is definitely doomed next year.Dude barely won reelection. It's still a bit early to determine how doomed Walters is next year.

Issa is definitely doomed next year.Dude barely won reelection. It's still a bit early to determine how doomed Walters is next year.

We should be so lucky.

Apparently my state (VT) is trying to raise the legal age for Tobacco purchases to 21. I don't think it will accomplish much if enacted.

Jeff Merkley is now 12 hours into his filibuster of Neil Gorsuch. Lordy.

117-Howard-Stackhouse-1-600x338.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Every time I hear about filibusters now I think about Patton Oswalt's filibuster about combining the Star Wars and Marvel universes on Parks and Recreation during the city council meeting.

I miss that show so much :(

Let's be clear here: this has just as much to do with protesters like the one at the pipeline as it does with people from Mexico confronting them. The fact that somebody would be dumb enough to ask this is disgusting.

Not sure we are going to see many wall Protesters at the building sites since most of the wall will be on Private land and although some of those private owners might not want the wall I expect most of them will not to allow protesters to occupy it (if only for the liability). So they will likely be removed as they were on Dakota private lands.

Vixdean

Have they figured out which side of the Rio Grande the wall is going to go yet? It's hard to take the prospect of that thing ever being built seriously when they haven't even made the most basic decisions about it's construction.

Now at thirteen hours.

THIS is what a filibuster should be. Go ahead dumb fuck turtle, if it takes one REAL filibuster for you to get rid of it, unlike the 70+ times your party did it to Obama's court picks until the Democrats got rid of it, I hope future Democrats with their newfound spines will absolutely abuse simple majority rules.

Wilsongt

Why is Turtleman going to waste resources on a Susan Rice investigation?

Oh my God these people make me want to crack my skull open with a spork at times.

DonShula

Rubio: It's no coincidence that Syria gas attack happened after 'concerning' Tillerson comments

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/05/politics/kfile-rubio-tillerson-syria-attack/index.html

Can we please go back to a time when Marco Rubio wasn't someone who made sense? I used to look at Rubio and think to myself "that dude means every bit of what he's saying, and that scares me, and I don't want him to be president." Now I'd like to go back in time to vote in the Republican primary for him or anyone else who isn't the man who unleashed this new low in world politics.

jtb

Banned
Man, this anti-Ossoff ad is truly something else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH-VTBqzgN8

Can we please go back to a time when Marco Rubio wasn't someone who made sense? I used to look at Rubio and think to myself "that dude means every bit of what he's saying, and that scares me, and I don't want him to be president." Now I'd like to go back in time to vote in the Republican primary for him or anyone else who isn't the man who unleashed this new low in world politics.

Please. He's the same spineless hack he's always been.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Have they figured out which side of the Rio Grande the wall is going to go yet? It's hard to take the prospect of that thing ever being built seriously when they haven't even made the most basic decisions about it's construction.
On the top side of course. Who builds a wall under a river?

Edit:
Oh hey a real filibuster. It's like watching the opposite of a live car chase.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The cynic in me still sees Bannon is still right there as a super influential force in the cabinet. Will wait for details.

The cynic in me still sees Bannon is still right there as a super influential force in the cabinet. Will wait for details.

Like I said in the OT thread, he seems to have lost his flavor in the WH. This is probably Kushner, also possibly anticipating him being in deep shit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Like I said in the OT thread, he seems to have lost his flavor in the WH. This is probably Kushner, also possibly anticipating him being in deep shit.
Oh I missed the OT thread. I'll check it out thanks.

lol @ lost his flavor have me a fun mental image. when you are the standout flavor in the shit sundae, that's winning. So tired of winning :(

jtb

Banned
Point is, he's still head and shoulders above what we got. We (I) just didn't know how bad it could get at the time.

Domestically, we're basically just getting the Paul Ryan agenda anyways. (Which is baffling for a number of reasons, but just points to the weakness of Trump's presidency and the incompetence of his aides)

I don't know that the Rubio alternate timeline is all that different from this one. I guess he's a crazy hawk. I'm not sure if that's an improvement on Trump and Tillerson's complete dereliction of duty.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom