• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

...????!!!!

If Bannon is gone from the NSC, that means something big must have shifted in the administration. This is really bad news for people like Ezra Cohen-Watnick who was primarily being insulated by Flynn and Bannon.

chadskin

...????!!!!

If Bannon is gone from the NSC, that means something big must have shifted in the administration. This is really bad news for people like Ezra Cohen-Watnick who was primarily being insulated by Flynn and Bannon.

I think it's just McMaster shaping the NSC to his liking.

If Spicey starts to insist Bannon had a very limited role for a limited amount of time in the WH, then we know it's bad.

Vixdean

It's like a person that's never been on a boat being handed the keys to an aircraft carrier. They have no idea what they are doing and it shows.

It would not surprise me if this was related to Syria and NK, with McMaster and others objecting to Bannons nationalistic, isolationist policies and pushing for his demotion.

Wilsongt

Previous Army Secretary was openly gay. Trump's current Army Sec nom is vehemently anti-gay.

100k votes have blasted us back into the 40s.

We need to talk about these fucking Tulisi Gabbard tweets.

@TulsiGabbard
(1/3) Horrific Syria chemical attack is a war crime that must be thoroughly condemned.

@TulsiGabbard
(2/3) Whoever is found responsible, be it the Syrian govt, al-Qaeda, or ISIS, (all have access to chemical weapons) must be held accountable

@TulsiGabbard
(3/3) This tragedy points to the absolute necessity that this war end now.​

Holy. Shit. Why is she still carrying water for Assad? Last time I checked ISIS and al-Qaeda don;t have an air force Tulsi. Why are you bending over backwards to muddy the waters? This is some straight up ministry of disinformation shit.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Rachael Bade‏ @rachaelmbade

ABT LAST NIGHT: Repeal talks broke down when Rs realized Pence pitched HFC & mods on 2 different potential deals
Nice work, Pence.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Reading more about the Bannon thing, seems like a bunch of retcon / fud

"He was there to babysit Flynn who clearly we knew was shady af (even though we made him NSA anyway).Also he was there to de-op the NSC from Rice, who did all that nasty nasty unmasking (even though we didn't know about that at the time). He accomplished all his goals (even though he didn't even go to a meeting).

The attention was unwanted, his participation is still clearly wanted in the cabinet, so they just took away some attention.

Hopefully Gabbard is somehow implicated right along with the Trump administration and is brought down too. God I fucking hate her more than Manchin.

Reading more about the Bannon thing, seems like a bunch of retcon / fud

"He was there to babysit Flynn who clearly we knew was shady af (even though we made him NSA anyway).Also he was there to de-op the NSC from Rice, who did all that nasty nasty unmasking (even though we didn't know about that at the time). He accomplished all his goals (even though he didn't even go to a meeting).

The attention was unwanted, his participation is still clearly wanted in the cabinet, so they just took away some attention.

It's such transparently bad spin. Hey, what's in the news? Flynn and Rice? Yeah let's blame them.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/trump-interview-susan-rice.htm

Trump Says Susan Rice May Have Committed a Crime

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he thought that the former national security adviser Susan E. Rice may have committed a crime by seeking the identities of Trump associates who were mentioned on intercepted communications and that other Obama administration officials may also have been involved.

”I think it's going to be the biggest story," Mr. Trump said in an interview in the Oval Office, declining repeated requests for evidence for his allegations or the names of other Obama administration officials. ”It's such an important story for our country and the world. It is one of the big stories of our time."

He declined to say if he had personally reviewed new intelligence to bolster his claim but pledged to explain himself ”at the right time."

Mr. Trump criticized media outlets, including The New York Times, for failing to adequately cover the Rice controversy — while singling out Fox News and the host Bill O'Reilly for praise, despite reports this week that the veteran conservative commentator settled five lawsuits filed by women claiming sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. The president then went on to defend Mr. O'Reilly, who has hosted him frequently over the years.

”I think he's a person I know well — he is a good person," said Mr. Trump, who during the interview was surrounded at his desk by a half-dozen of his highest-ranking aides, including the economic adviser Gary Cohn and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, along with Vice President Mike Pence.

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he thought that the former national security adviser Susan E. Rice may have committed a crime by seeking the identities of Trump associates who were mentioned on intercepted communications and that other Obama administration officials may also have been involved.

“I think it’s going to be the biggest story,” Mr. Trump said in an interview in the Oval Office, declining repeated requests for evidence for his allegations or the names of other Obama administration officials. “It’s such an important story for our country and the world. It is one of the big stories of our time.”

He declined to say if he had personally reviewed new intelligence to bolster his claim but pledged to explain himself “at the right time.”

This is the play, right out of the right wing media book: get everyone aligned on one distraction and hammer it repeatedly.

Surfinn

“I think it’s going to be the biggest story,” Mr. Trump said in an interview in the Oval Office, declining repeated requests for evidence for his allegations or the names of other Obama administration officials. “It’s such an important story for our country and the world. It is one of the big stories of our time.”

He declined to say if he had personally reviewed new intelligence to bolster his claim but pledged to explain himself “at the right time.”

Mr. Trump criticized media outlets, including The New York Times, for failing to adequately cover the Rice controversy — while singling out Fox News and the host Bill O’Reilly for praise, despite reports this week that the veteran conservative commentator settled five lawsuits filed by women claiming sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. The president then went on to defend Mr. O’Reilly, who has hosted him frequently over the years.

“I think he’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” said Mr. Trump, who during the interview was surrounded at his desk by a half-dozen of his highest-ranking aides, including the economic adviser Gary Cohn and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, along with Vice President Mike Pence.

Yep this confirms it. Something big is coming.

He declined to say if he had personally reviewed new intelligence to bolster his claim but pledged to explain himself “at the right time."
Round 2 here we go

chadskin

Mr. Trump criticized media outlets, including The New York Times, for failing to adequately cover the Rice controversy — while singling out Fox News and the host Bill O’Reilly for praise, despite reports this week that the veteran conservative commentator settled five lawsuits filed by women claiming sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. The president then went on to defend Mr. O’Reilly, who has hosted him frequently over the years.

“I think he’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” said Mr. Trump, who during the interview was surrounded at his desk by a half-dozen of his highest-ranking aides, including the economic adviser Gary Cohn and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, along with Vice President Mike Pence.

Happy National Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month

kess

This administration has been so goddamned hamhanded, I'm not sure if they could plan more than a week ahead without tripping over their ambition and cronyism. Trump's accusations are so haphazard -- hey, look, here's the biggest scandal you've ever heard of, and we only brought it up last week!

Does this mean Bannon still has security clearance?

I mean he can claim that all he wants, but they will literally never get anywhere with it. Not even as close as far as they did with Hillary.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This administration has been so goddamned hamhanded, I'm not sure if they could plan more than a week ahead without tripping over their ambition and cronyism.

Does this mean Bannon still has security clearance?

Yeah Bannon isn't going anywhere. Just smoke screen.

Surfinn

”I think he's a person I know well — he is a good person," said Mr. Trump, who during the interview was surrounded at his desk by a half-dozen of his highest-ranking aides, including the economic adviser Gary Cohn and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, along with Vice President Mike Pence.

”I think he shouldn't have settled; personally I think he shouldn't have settled," said Mr. Trump. ”Because you should have taken it all the way. I don't think Bill did anything wrong."

Shocking

So he's really doing the no-proof-of-a-crime-but-investigate-anyway-oh-no-shot-myself-in-the-foot thing, again?

And the worst part is people actually investigate this shit with literally no evidence or leads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom