• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/trump-interview-susan-rice.htm

Trump Says Susan Rice May Have Committed a Crime

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Wednesday that he thought that the former national security adviser Susan E. Rice may have committed a crime by seeking the identities of Trump associates who were mentioned on intercepted communications and that other Obama administration officials may also have been involved.

“I think it’s going to be the biggest story,” Mr. Trump said in an interview in the Oval Office, declining repeated requests for evidence for his allegations or the names of other Obama administration officials. “It’s such an important story for our country and the world. It is one of the big stories of our time.”

He declined to say if he had personally reviewed new intelligence to bolster his claim but pledged to explain himself “at the right time.”

Mr. Trump criticized media outlets, including The New York Times, for failing to adequately cover the Rice controversy — while singling out Fox News and the host Bill O’Reilly for praise, despite reports this week that the veteran conservative commentator settled five lawsuits filed by women claiming sexual harassment or inappropriate behavior. The president then went on to defend Mr. O’Reilly, who has hosted him frequently over the years.

“I think he’s a person I know well — he is a good person,” said Mr. Trump, who during the interview was surrounded at his desk by a half-dozen of his highest-ranking aides, including the economic adviser Gary Cohn and Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, along with Vice President Mike Pence.

"...big stories of our time"?

Really?

Okau.

tbm24

Trump still holds on to the idea that he can use the US military like extremely expensive Ninjas. Sneak up Mosul and no one would know. Instant victory!

Owzers

A lot of lines were crossed, we should have never gone into the Middle East, I inherited a mess, why do we say we are attacking Mosul in four months...

Talk about your big election win already.

Apathy

Fuck off trump, still going on how he inherited a mess on every front. Wtf, the world, the economy were all fine before he came into power

NEWS: Schiff says that Trump supports releasing WH/Nunes intel to full committee, but that White House staff is fighting their release

https://twitter.com/tomlobianco/status/849667789958807553

My theory:
  • Flynn turned against Trump
  • Trump's pissed, so he wants to pin it all on Flynn
  • The intel is basically the Flynn convo transcript, him talking about sanctions lifted soon or whatever, probably not directly incriminating Trump otherwise he wouldn't want it released no matter what.
  • The WH staff realizes having that in the open would be stupid, but Trump doesn't care because he hates Flynn's double-crossing

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
My theory:
  • Flynn turned against Trump
  • Trump's pissed, so he wants to pin it all on Flynn
  • The intel is basically the Flynn convo transcript, him talking about sanctions lifted soon or whatever, probably not directly incriminating Trump otherwise he wouldn't want it released no matter what.
  • The WH staff realizes having that in the open would be stupid, but Trump doesn't care because he hates Flynn's double-crossing

You can also add. Bannon said his job today was to overlook Flynn. Hence why Bannon quit at his position.

Pedrito

It's so entertaining when a foreign journalist ask Trump a precise question and he has absolutely no fucking idea what it's about.

"Oh, she mentioned Iran, I'll play my Iran deal tape."

Diablos

I've gotta hand it to Trump. The Susan Rice deflection is nearly perfect in its execution. Even if it's most likely a complete lie.

He's good at distracting you. It's probably the only thing he's good at.

pigeon

Banned
But.. that didn't work out for him arguably. He still lost custody of his kids and it only worked because Williams snowed his wife.

Sure he got a job out of it.. but.. he didn't keep his kids which was the whole reason he did what he..

...did you watch the movie all the way to the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom