• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Was he maybe talking about the metro bombing in Russia?

Of course not:

Mr. Trump described the chemical attack in Syria as a “horrible thing” and “a disgrace.”

“I think it’s an affront to humanity,” he said, adding it was “inconceivable that somebody could do that, those kids were so beautiful, to look at those, the scenes of those beautiful children being carried out.”

Asked about what it meant for Russia’s role in terms of Syria, Mr. Trump said, “I think it’s a very sad day for Russia because they’re aligned, and in this case, all information points to Syria that they did this. Why they did this, who knows? That’s a level first of all they weren’t supposed to have this.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/05/us/politics/trump-interview-susan-rice.html?_r=0

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is there something different than last time he harassed (falafel) or domestically abused women (dragged ex-wife down stairs by neck) that are causing advertisers to flee?

Probably just shifts in public views.

Nothing else really changed with Bill Cosby's situation but a single Hannibal Buress standup.

kirblar

Is there something different than last time he harassed (falafel) or domestically abused women (dragged ex-wife down stairs by neck) that are causing advertisers to flee?
The NYT article. Having to pay off multiple women means that there's too much smoke to ignore.

You're banned, bro.

Mrs Doubtfire is a movie about a guy who loses his kids because he is not a responsible father.

He learns to be a responsible father by being Mrs Doubtfire and demonstrates that to his wife, so he gets access to his kids again.

The double date falls apart but ultimately he gets what he wants in the end because the double date helped demonstrate his devotion to his kids.
No..

Telling the truth and communication got him to be allowed to be with his kids and possibly patch things up with his wife when his lie cost him his kids in court. The lie didn't help him.. telling the truth did.

That's the moral of the movie.. lying is bad, telling the truth is good.

I can confirm that Madison is a great place to live if you can handle long winters with tons of snow.
Tons of snow wouldn't really be different from now, but could I get away with not owning a car? That's sort of been my dream since high school, to get around just on public transportation or walking. One of the most exciting parts of visiting Chicago this year was being able to ride the light rail or bus everywhere I needed to go.

Ohio is pretty good if you like roller coasters, ice cream, top-notch medical care, and symphony orchestras -- all of which are world class. Not every state has even that. Plus they have professional basketball players and college football teams that many people seem to enjoy.
or water

lifeless deserts with no hope suck

It doesn't matter what the question is. Step 1 is never believe in Ohio.

Ohio is pretty good if you like roller coasters, ice cream, top-notch medical care, and symphony orchestras -- all of which are world class. Not every state has even that. Plus they have professional basketball players and college football teams that many people seem to enjoy.

Tons of snow wouldn't really be different from now, but could I get away with not owning a car? That's sort of been my dream since high school, to get around just on public transportation or walking. One of the most exciting parts of visiting Chicago this year was being able to ride the light rail or bus everywhere I needed to go.

I didn't have a car my first several years in Madison and got along fine. The bus system is pretty good (and if you're a UW student you'll get a bus pass paid with student fees) and a lot of the neighborhoods near campus and/or downtown have good walkability. Grocery shopping may take some level of planning depending on where you live, but having a car in Madison is far from mandatory.

If you end up going to Madison feel free to hit me up for advice about the city.

these fucking people

C8rNiKDUIAEo6BE.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
these fucking people

C8rNiKDUIAEo6BE.jpg

Hate to say it, but until democrats start fighting back in a similar manner, they won't win back any branch of government. No in terms of morality, just messaging.

I mean, it's brilliantly marketed. Look at the quote from the "Washington Free Beacon," a place that hardly anybody would know is a conservative news source unless they actively searched it out (which they won't).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Chill out--I wasn't talking about lowering to the lowest depths of morality.

I was referring to marketing and messaging, something democrats have been horrible at for years now.

Republicans play to fear. They are masters of it. Yet, their policies are the absolute worst for Americans. Somehow, democrats have not been able to capitalize on that and I can't put my finger on why. They are the party that should easily be able to run the ads about millions of people losing healthcare, going bankrupt from student loans or medical bills, wages stagnating, corporate handouts, etc. They just aren't effective at it.

these fucking people

C8rNiKDUIAEo6BE.jpg
they make me like him more every time they attack him!

also Nate Cohn just retweeted this

they're panicking lol

He also said the early vote numbers for KS-4 have Democrats outpacing Republicans, and that people shouldn't get hope there but it matches the patterns elsewhere. Even if KS-4 is remotely close that's a good sign for KS-3 and the state races next year.

I was referring to marketing, something democrats have been horrible at for years now.

This is bad marketing for one of the most highly educated districts in the country that probably knows what Al Jazeera is, so, like, what are you even talking about?

Mikef2000

I'm watching the conference between King Abdullah and Trump. The contrast between the two is just embarrassing when it comes to public speaking. One speaks like a head of state, the other like a child with a limited vocabulary and knowledge. You can take a wild guess which is which.

Hate to say it, but until democrats start fighting back in a similar manner, they won't win back any branch of government. No in terms of morality, just messaging.

I mean, it's brilliantly marketed. Look at the quote from the "Washington Free Beacon," a place that hardly anybody would know is a conservative news source unless they actively searched it out (which they won't).

hahahaha

Plinko

This is bad marketing for one of the most highly educated districts in the country that probably knows what Al Jazeera is, so, like, what are you even talking about?

This type of "bad marketing" as you call it is one of the reason so many people buy into this crap in our country. This is Fox News, Drudge, and Breitbart at its core. This is exactly how they report. For whatever reason, it works. That's all I'm saying.

I was referring to marketing and messaging, something democrats have been horrible at for years now.

Republicans play to fear. They are masters of it. Yet, their policies are the absolute worst for Americans. Somehow, democrats have not been able to capitalize on that and I can't put my finger on why. They are the party that should easily be able to run the ads about millions of people losing healthcare, going bankrupt from student loans or medical bills, wages stagnating, corporate handouts, etc. They just aren't effective at it.
If you want to target these voters you should run more ads about how Ossoff will help Pelosi raise your taxes, not talk about terrorism and scary Muslims. Trump did that and performed like shit in this district.

This type of "bad marketing" as you call it is one of the reason so many people buy into this crap in our country. This is Fox News, Drudge, and Breitbart at its core. This is exactly how they report. For whatever reason, it works. That's all I'm saying.

It didn't actually work in this particular district in the primary or the general, which is why it's so dumb!

If you want to target these voters you should run more ads about how Ossoff will help Pelosi raise your taxes, not talk about terrorism and scary Muslims. Trump did that and performed like shit in this district.

I like you. This is right.

Plinko

It didn't actually work in this particular district in the primary or the general, which is why it's so dumb!

I understand that, and nowhere did I say it would work in that district. I made a mistake of making a general statement for the country as a whole in this situation. Wasn't trying to equivocate the two--I firmly believe Ossoff takes the election.

I am just frustrated by how dumb people are in this country. That type of flyer works in so many areas across the land I can't even describe how depressing it is. However, I can't deny that it works. The messaging is pointed and people lap it up without any research at all.

Plinko

Lmao is this from appearance fees for being on programs?

Graze mille

I think it's this:
AJC said:
Ossoff’s campaign said in a statement the investigative film company he has led since 2013 has produced films for Al Jazeera and other clients around the world.

I understand that, and nowhere did I say it would work in that district. I made a mistake of making a general statement for the country as a whole in this situation. Wasn't trying to equivocate the two--I firmly believe Ossoff takes the election.

I am just frustrated by how dumb people are in this country. That type of flyer works in so many areas across the land I can't even describe how depressing it is. However, I can't deny that it works. The messaging is pointed and people lap it up without any research at all.

That's fair.

Not just that, they found the best picture that makes you think he might look like he is Arab, then preying on Islamophobia to drive the message home even further. It's sickening.

This isn't good http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...uge-blow-to-trump_us_58e3fcc5e4b03a26a3670c30

Rep. Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.) was the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee’s national mobilization chair in 2016. “Montana special election?” Clyburn said, when HuffPost asked if the DCCC planned to get more involved in the race. Somebody nearby told him the race was to replace Zinke. “Oh, I didn’t know about that,” Clyburn said.

The DCCC is not running ads in Montana, a sign that they see the race as unwinnable and not worth the investment ― and also that they worry any support from national Democrats would make the race a referendum on the two parties. And even with Trump in office, that’s a contest Democrats lose.

Blader

This type of marketing is effective *because* of its morality, or lack thereof. What would a Democratic version of this flyer look like?

Plinko

Latest poll in Ossoff's district has the generic republican up by only 1 over the generic republican. That's huge. Democrat was down 5 last month.

This type of marketing is effective *because* of its morality, or lack thereof. What would a Democratic version of this flyer look like?

Eh, I disagree. Pointed, easy to understand statements. Sources given on the page. Democrats could be doing this with each of the situations I listed above. Some people hesitate at the idea of scaring citizens, but realistically, most Americans SHOULD be scared of republican mindsets. Democrats could craft some really good ads in a similar style going after those fears.

That's probably the correct play for the DCCC. The type of independents that Quist would need to win are pretty sensitive to outside meddling.

Quist is a tax evader and committed mild disability fraud and probably can't win to be honest.

What do you know about Montana politics? Because neither of those things are going to hurt Quist in Montana.

Nate Cohn pointed out that Dem turnout has consistently outpaced GOP turnout in every special election thus far.

Good job everyone, we solved our turnout problem! And all we had to do was elect Donald Fucking Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom