• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Trump is so weak-willed and easily manipulated, like even beyond my wildest expectations. Which is impressive, in its own perverse way.

The scary realization how much foreign power Trump has without anyone in his way will soon dawn over the country. There are few checks and balances here

Teggy

Hildawg called for this exact action earlier today.

Has the_donald collapsed into itself like a neutron star yet?

C8xfNIlXgAAfspK.jpg

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Hawkary would do this /sugarhigh

Someone posted a quote of her saying to take out the airfields in the other thread. I seriously doubt it would be done in this manner though.

tbm24

Someone posted a quote of her saying to take out the airfields in the other thread. I seriously doubt it would be done in this manner though.
Doubt it would have happened different target and execution wise. I definitely think she might have mulled on it for a day or two. At least it would make more sense than going from 0 to 100% in Syria like Trump admin has done this week.

I mentioned this in the OT thread - Hillary likely would have worked multilaterally instead of unilaterally to do this. What Trump did was a rash move, although apparently he let Russia know about it I guess.

I mean she probably would though tbh

Yes, but I'd trust that she would do what she could to make sure it doesn't escalate into a big ordeal.

I don't trust Trump at all. He wants a war and he'll find any excuse to make one, even if it means escalating something that might not have needed to be.

Teggy

Jim Acosta‏ @Acosta

Once opposed to military action in Syria, Trump was affected by images of dead children among casualties and felt compelled to act, I'm told
9:37 PM · Apr 6, 2017

There have been pictures of dead children in Syria every fucking day you pathetic piece of shit.

So hopefully it never goes this far, but if a war erupts and someone were to attempt to attack America, where would they hit first? Or would they even target the US and just focus on the bases outside the US?

Well she probably wouldn't have given Assad the message that he's here to stay in the first place.

Trump didn't tell Russia...

What is happening

These are all distinctions without differences at this point, even though I obviously don't trust Trump as far as I can throw his baggy suit-wearing ass.

Trump didn't come up with this, it probably goes without saying. He felt pressured to do something and threw it entirely to his defense advisors, who came up with the exact same thing Hillary suggested because, well, she's hawkish with a strong grasp of the practical military options. Yes, she probably wouldn't have okayed it with four seconds of deliberation and god only knows what nonsense is going to come out of his mouth in upcoming statements or how the hell he's going to handle... anything that comes up.

But this action would be Hillary's move, too.

pigeon

Banned
These are all distinctions without differences at this point, even though I obviously don't trust Trump as far as I can throw his baggy suit-wearing ass.

Trump didn't come up with this, it probably goes without saying. He felt pressured to do something and threw it entirely to his defense advisors, who came up with the exact same thing Hillary suggested because, well, she's hawkish with a strong grasp of the practical military options. Yes, she probably wouldn't have okayed it with four seconds of deliberation and god only knows what nonsense is going to come out of his mouth in upcoming statements or how the hell he's going to handle... anything that comes up.

I really don't agree with this. For example, Hillary would probably have let the State Department know before launching, and yes, that is relevant.

There's a big difference between Trump running a military strike and Hillary running one even if every detail about the plan itself is the same.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well she probably wouldn't have given Assad the message that he's here to stay in the first place.

Trump didn't tell Russia...

What is happening

Wait, that's confirmed somewhere?

The difference between Hillary and Trump is that Hillary would be in the Situation Room right now planning her next move, not in a fucking golf resort.

benjipwns

Banned
The difference between Hillary and Trump is that Hillary would be in the Situation Room right now planning her next move, not in a fucking golf resort.
Hillary would have never have gotten the declaration of war on "objects in Syria" through a Republican Congress without anyone noticing.

People seem to be stuck on this idea that because Obama and Hillary wanted this, Trump handled things correctly.

Nope. Apparently he did it without any sort of approval or notification...

Besides Russia or something.

sphagnum

Banned
So, Putin can't just let this go since it would hurt his tough guy image, but he was also trying to distance himself from Assad right? How does Russia play this? They said there would be consequences but they were also warned beforehand and not targetted. They can't strike back directly at the US, and there's a question about the Trump-Putin relationship. Do they just bomb rebels even harder in response? "Accidentally" blow up some US advisors in the north? Take PissPigGranddad hostage?

Pretend like it never happened. Assad will probably go back to murdering thousands of children and people will go back to not caring because it wasn't a chemical attack as if getting blown up/crushed/suffocating under rubble is so much better.

With the bigger news, this will likely be lost in the shuffle tonight:

NYT: Kushner Omitted Meeting With Russians on Security Clearance Forms

When Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, sought the top-secret security clearance that would give him access to some of the nation’s most closely guarded secrets, he was required to disclose all of his encounters with foreign government officials over the last seven years.

But Mr. Kushner omitted any mention of dozens of contacts he has had with foreign leaders or officials in recent months. They include a December meeting with the Russian ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, and another with the head of a Russian state-owned bank, Vnesheconombank, which was arranged at the behest of Mr. Kislyak.

The omissions, which Mr. Kushner’s lawyer described as an error, are particularly sensitive given the continuing congressional and F.B.I. investigations into contacts between Russian officials and Trump associates. The Senate Intelligence Committee informed the White House weeks ago that as part of its inquiry, it planned to question Mr. Kushner about the meetings he arranged with Mr. Kislyak, including the one with Sergey N. Gorkov, a graduate of Russia’s spy school who now heads Vnesheconombank.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
There have been pictures of dead children in Syria every fucking day you pathetic piece of shit.
This was "with a chemical gas that is so lethal, people were shocked to hear what gas it was, that crosses many, many lines, beyond a red line. Many, many lines"

Not some refugee baby washing up on the shore. Still banning them, for safety, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom