• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that there's a long-term project to get 10th amendment literalists on the court to roll back the commerce clause and gut the new deal/great society that way. Is Gorsuch one of those guys?

No idea, but good luck to them if they want to try that. That's about the best political cover the left could ever get to justify court packing.

I think getting him to half plus one in the first round is our best shot at taking this.
Yeah, he has all the energy and excitement going into the primary. I think some of that dissipates if we're waiting for another election two months from now.

GOP base might be more energized if they have one candidate to rally behind too. Having like ten might just be too much for some of them and they'll stay home.

Holmes

I actually think he can get 50+1 in the first round, but there's only so much time.
Maybe. But I don't know. Even with beneficial turnout for Ossoff, he'll need Republican support, and while he is able to get some, it's less likely when there's like 8 Republicans in the field running vs. just one.

Maybe. But I don't know. Even with beneficial turnout for Ossoff, he'll need Republican support, and while he is able to get some, it's less likely when there's like 8 Republicans in the field running vs. just one.

I actually think he's more likely to when they don't have a candidate to rally around.

But like, who knows.

Ogodei

Hey, PoliGAFers, anybody going to the DC March for Science on the 22nd? PM me if y'all live in the DMV area or are planning to come in.

I was under the impression that there's a long-term project to get 10th amendment literalists on the court to roll back the commerce clause and gut the new deal/great society that way. Is Gorsuch one of those guys?

Such a project would be doomed to fail; if a Court ruled that various massive social programs were unconstitutional and were going to go away, we would literally have the momentum from the ensuing rage to call a constitutional convention and just get that stuff enshrined permanently.

And this would only be the response because the other alternative response would be some person who lost a ton shooting up the Court or something. The national anger would be palpable.

C85dEpwVwAEYOmO.jpg

What a joke.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Watched a short compilation on twitter of some news outlets orgasming over that strike, jesus. There was even another 'he became president of the United States' guy! Pathetic. So when he reads off a teleprompter and launches missiles, suddenly he's presidential.

Trump is tweeting excuses for why the airstrikes didn't hit the runways what is even going on

What the hell else could we even try to hit after warning them through Putin to clear out?

Watched a short compilation on twitter of some news outlets orgasming over that strike, jesus. There was even another 'he became president of the United States' guy! Pathetic. So when he reads off a teleprompter and launches missiles, suddenly he's presidential.

The bar for 'presidential' is now firing missiles at nothing.

SexyFish

Banned
My favorite hot take from Lovett or Leave It yesterday.

"It's like saying you don't become a parent until you beat your kid."

Slacker

Trump is tweeting excuses for why the airstrikes didn't hit the runways what is even going on
"We didn't hit the runways because they can just rebuild those." Kind of like everything else you could possibly hit? It's starting to make a little more sense to me that we chucked a few missles into the desert to make it look like Trump and Putin aren't snuggle-buddies.

Bronx-Man

Banned

The thought of destabilizing another middle eastern country via military action just gets these pricks so hot and bothered.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Russia's restraint and deflection is a real tell. He's doing exactly enough to look realistic to voters and nowhere near what he'd have done under Obama, rhetorically speaking. All the Russian escalatory verbiage is general and not personally going after the president as would be expected.

And this is not paranoid or delusional. It's almost predictable.

However it could all be real. I'm not tinfoil either way.

A meeting of minds and deescalation through diplomacy within a couple of weeks would be the proof imo.

"We didn't hit the runways because they can just rebuild those." Kind of like everything else you could possibly hit? It's starting to make a little more sense to me that we chucked a few missles into the desert to make it look like Trump and Putin aren't snuggle-buddies.

There are runway denial/cratering munitions available (IIRC they were used back in Desert Storm) but they have to be dropped by a plane, and I guess Trump wasn't up for sending US pilots on low-level runs across a Syrian airfield.

Syria is a failed state that is being propped up by Hezbollah troops and Russian air power. Everyone has fled Syria and the Sunnis who are left in Syria will die in concentration camps.

It's not really possible to destabilize it further.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Aner glaring clue this is theatrics: Russia is now saying, hmm we don't agree it was chemical weapons. We need to talk about these details. AND TILLERSON IS STILL GOING TO MOSCOW NEXT WEEK.

Why would they not delay it? Hmm maybe he will come out with a heroic diplomatic compromise and peaceful agreement! About Isis cooperation.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
At least with Bannon you would call him the puppetmaster pulling on Trump's policy strings, with Kushner the guy might as well be the actual president

Well if it worked on Bannon, maybe we could get rid of Kushner the same way. Time to start trending #presidentkushner!

JP_

Banned
Was talking politics with an uncle (wealthy real estate guy) and he basically made an off hand comment positing that Soros was worse for the Jews than hitler. Wasn't really the topic of discussion and I guess I'm out of the loop on the newest Soros conspiracies so I didn't know what to say. Anybody have any idea where that shit came from?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Syria is a failed state that is being propped up by Hezbollah troops and Russian air power. Everyone has fled Syria and the Sunnis who are left in Syria will die in concentration camps.

It's not really possible to destabilize it further.
Trump: Hold my beer we're going to solve this and solve it fast. It's easy believe me.

Was talking politics with an uncle (wealthy real estate guy) and he basically made an off hand comment positing that Soros was worse for the Jews than hitler. Wasn't really the topic of discussion and I guess I'm out of the loop on the newest Soros conspiracies so I didn't know what to say. Anybody have any idea where that shit came from?

It's anti-Semitic conspiracy theory nonsense coupled with the Right's tendency towards projection.

Random question but there's no way that Trump could be in communication with Putin at all right? Like Intelligence agencies are monitoring him like a hawk?

pigeon

Banned

Your uncle is incredibly racist

I mean yeah, but I'm wondering where they get this stuff. Seemed more nutty than the typical Soros stuff.

I mean, if that's all he said, it sounds basically in line with just that yeah. "Soros is an evil jew controlling the strings but we're not anti-Semitic because we're thinking about how he's hurting jews!"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
What a world we live in where the likes of Ann Coulter and Breitbart are criticizing Trump for wanting to get us into another war, and people like Fareed Zakaria are praising him for it.

This is like the 4th time he "Finally became president!"

The 100% real President of the US went to his personal twitter account to defend a military strike he ordered. This is a thing that actually happened.

Kill me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom