• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLEABttn

Banned
Also that lady needs to chill, they're just phone calls.

Naw, it gets real tiring. The DCCC was calling me 3-6 times a day from September through February and would not stop (despite asking the person on the other end multiple times to take me off the list) until I called up the DCCC and told them to not contact me by phone anymore.

You can't even block these political on iPhone because they all come across as No Caller ID.

I'm hoping they learned from this election that negative ads don't really work all that well.

What didn't work was the fact that the negative ads were only character based and Clinton didn't give anybody a proper reason to vote for her.

The fact that people who had negative impression of both Clinton and Trump choose Trump, the fact that people who had heard from both Clinton and Trump campaigns choose Trump shows that the Clinton campaign messaging was not well thought out. Maybe it tested good in focus groups.

The DCCC calls me all the time, I just never pick up unless I feel like it. I don't get why it's a big deal unless you're really not used to it?

I haven't answered my phone in years unless I explicitly recognize the number as a number I have either previously contacted or is in my contacts.

Everything else goes to voicemail.

Same here. I'll Google the number afterward just in case it's someone I might want to talk to, but that usually just confirms that I don't want to talk to them.

Barzul

The DCCC calls me all the time, I just never pick up unless I feel like it. I don't get why it's a big deal unless you're really not used to it?

Yeah this too. They're fucking persistent. I once got called 2 hours between even though I donated in the first call. I felt bad for the lady at the end because I as just like nope not donating again today. I've mostly learned to ignore No Caller ID or Unknown calls unless I feel like donating, because it's always the DCCC at the end of those calls.

pigeon

Banned
I need Ossoff to win in the first runoff so that I can send out my post dragging ActBlue for unethical gray marketing practices. Don't want to yell at them until after the vote.

Diablos

I'm hoping they learned from this election that negative ads don't really work all that well.
They do but not exclusively. Trump deserved his negative ads and they would have been more effective if they weren't basically the only kind of ad run against him.

Trump can't go a week without fucking up and you're worried about a bump in tracking polls?
Trump has the advantage of having low expectations. As long he's not exploding, people still give him the benefit of the doubt. It was true during the election and it's true now. I mean the motherfucker won after admitting sexual assault in a video. The bounce from 35-36% is real.

Going to a town forum with Denny Heck (Democrat on House Intel committee) with the specific agenda Russia.

I have some ideas on questions, just wondering if you guys have anything specific

Going to a town forum with Denny Heck (Democrat on House Intel committee) with the specific agenda Russia.

I have some ideas on questions, just wondering if you guys have anything specific

I mean, maybe ask something about how Russia is maybe funding the Taliban?

It's our two biggest enemies working together but no one in America cares so it's good to bring it up.

kirblar

The "PEOPLE ARE ATTACKING PROGRESSIVE ICON TULSI GABBARD BECAUSE SHES ANTI-INTERVENTIONIST AND CHALLENGING THE ESTABLISHMENT" narrative has begun, unfortunately.

17800414_2001311943289832_7731942823401333873_n.jpg

Everyone play along

Yeah we're not winning Kansas; it's one of those states where Democrats are considered illegitimate by default (where we might as well change the party's name to Baby Killing Party or something).

Yeah we're not winning Kansas; it's one of those states where Democrats are considered illegitimate by default (where we might as well change the party's name to Baby Killing Party or something).
In 2002 and 2006 we won the governorship there with a staunchly pro choice liberal woman.

We're going to win all four congressional seats next November and the governor's mansion
We'll pick it up in 2020 and get the Senate seat too.

Reading the full text of the constitution for my law class, I was surprised to see Article V specifically says you can't reduce the number of senators a state has with a constitutional amendment without the state's consent. Interesting stuff in here.

I mean, maybe ask something about how Russia is maybe funding the Taliban?

It's our two biggest enemies working together but no one in America cares so it's good to bring it up.

noted. I want to say a top US general alluded to the fact that Russia was supporting the taliban in someway..but didn't say they were arming them.

FyreWulff

Reading the full text of the constitution for my law class, I was surprised to see Article V specifically says you can't reduce the number of senators a state has with a constitutional amendment without the state's consent. Interesting stuff in here.

When you actually go through and read it you can spot a lot of places where they were trying to placate the existing governors of states who were basically de-facto kings of their kingdoms at the time, so throw stuff in to placate their fears about the other states being tempeted to coalition against others.

Holmes

The 2006 Kansas Governor map is weird.

Kansas_Gubernatorial_Election_Results_by_county%2C_2006.png

Also the same year this happened.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Boyda
Infighting between conservative (in the west) and moderate (in the east) Republicans gave Sebelius an easy shot at re-election and even let Boyda rent the seat for two years. They got their shit together by 2008, and by 2010 the conservatives/tea party took over, but now we're back to where we were. Maybe it's a cycle.

Morning Joe is hilarious this morning. Scars is carrying water HARD for Jared Kushner this morning.

Rumor has it that Scars and Kushner are text buddies lately. Every time Scars says, "my reporting tells me..." it basically means, "Kushner told me to say..."

Morning Joe is hilarious this morning. Scars is carrying water HARD for Jared Kushner this morning.

Rumor has it that Scars and Kushner are text buddies lately. Every time Scars says, "my reporting tells me..." it basically means, "Kushner told me to say..."

No joke. He's practically on his knees begging Trump to fire Bannon.

So while nobody was looking, New York just passed a pretty liberal budget that I'm actually surprised passed

Includes free college tuition for residents, ride sharing, and not trying 16 and 17 year olds as adults.

So while nobody was looking, New York just passed a pretty liberal budget that I'm actually surprised passed

Includes free college tuition for residents, ride sharing, and not trying 16 and 17 year olds as adults.

Doesn't the GOP control one of the two assemblies? How the hell did they get free college past that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom