• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonShula

GALLUP -- US Support for Syria Strikes Rates Low in Historical Context

zrk-1zkge0kdptllcqpnfg.png

Page not found. I'm on mobile though.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Holy shit, that clown Fareed Zakaria actually used the phrase "I think Donald Trump became president of the United States".

I knew he was ballwashing him after that Syria thing, but the fact that he used the exact same phrase that clods like Van Jones and other pundits have used is extra sad.

tbm24

Holy shit, that clown Fareed Zakaria actually used the phrase "I think Donald Trump became president of the United States".

I knew he was ballwashing him after that Syria thing, but the fact that he used the exact same phrase that clods like Van Jones and other pundits have used is extra sad.
Well, he's not wrong. Him giving a speech is one thing. Trump has now gone and attached a nation. Shit is real.

Slacker

Spicer says it's not for the president to say if Assad is a war criminal. He'll say Hillary and Obama founded ISIS, but let's not rush to judgment on this Assad fellow.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok

The fact the media keeps saying this over something or other every few weeks just proves they are struggling to find anything that could be considered Presidential, at least when dressed up as such. And that Trump is inconsistent enough that they need to keep looking for the needle in haystack examples from which they can spin up the new narrative.

The media will do this again when he makes his first speech after a domestic terror attack. And again when he makes his first speech after a domestic shooting spree. And after a domestic natural disaster. Etc.

sangreal

Yeah, just saw this. I could get trying to restore some semblance of checks and balances, but you'd also have to make like 2/3rds vote required to remove it again or something.
Which you can't do without a constitutional amendment

I'd rather kill the rest of the filibuster than restore any of it. There are other ways to fix the SCOTUS

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I mean it could happen. if you have the majority you could nuke it again if needed. it's not like the filibuster helps you get in your nominee when you are the minority (see Garland).

Edit basically: you put it in place as a rhetorical device "we reinstated institutional norms the republicans destroyed!" And if you need to nuke it later do it. It doesn't hurt you if you lose the majority because you won't get a vote anyway, and it doesn't hinder you because you can just nuke it whenever (and voters don't care about hippcracy anyway)

Ana Navarro said some shit that sheloathes Trump but that he's her president and she supported those lil missile strikes that did nothing to stop Assad from doing chemical attacks again. You can't even trust the most rational Republican.

kirblar

Ana Navarro said some shit that sheloathes Trump but that he's her president and she supported those lil missile strikes that did nothing to stop Assad from doing chemical attacks again. You can't even trust the most rational Republican.
People assumed that the strikes were actually competent and designed to achieve an actual objective, not whatever the fuck this toothless nonsense show of force was.

This twitter thing that happened today cracked me up. For those that don't know, leon is a twitter funny man and Louise Mensch thinks he's a Russian agent because of this tweet making fun of the guy wanting 8 million retweets for a year supply of Wendy's chicken nuggets. I mainly wanted to share because leon expertly mimics each of their posting styles, but the fact that Louise actually responded to it is hilarious. I think she might be going off the deep end.

leon trotsky @leyawn
the resistance has taken a weird turn
C9A3Z0EVwAAMtOp.jpg
C9A3akUVoAAgkOa.jpg
C9A3bSKUIAAYsuw.jpg

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/851241347054960641

Louise Mensch‏ @LouiseMensch
Louise Mensch Retweeted leon trotsky
Verified account photoshops tweets from me, @20committee and @ericgarland - gets 8k likes.

Russian partisans increasingly desperate.

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/851469989559271424

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
She's better than Michelle Bachman on Valium let's be real. As far as conservative columnists go she's probably the most tolerable.

More like George Will on clonazepam.

I say that cause I've seen her argue for the most inane right-wing conspiracy theories that you wouldn't expect from a so-called "reasonable Republican'.

I'd support a constitutional amendment requiring 60 votes. But nothing else at this point.

There's nothing else to support. Like Cesare said, this is just transparent posturing. You can't reinstate something that was only held together by precedent. It's gone forever.

I mean if they want to not bring up any SC nominee until they whip 60 votes just for funsies, they're welcome to I guess.

Slizeezyc

There's nothing else to support. Like Cesare said, this is just transparent posturing. You can't reinstate something that was only held together by precedent. It's gone forever.

I mean if they want to not bring up any SC nominee until they whip 60 votes just for funsies, they're welcome to I guess.

So the Dems couldn't get Garland in due to a lack of a hearing (if so why couldn't Dems have done same) or because they no longer had Senate majority during this last run?

lol you guys get so riled up by random Democrat statements

I remember last week when the Democrats were apparently going to strike a deal for the SC or whatever and you guys freaked out and then it ended up being nothing and they filibustered as they had been planning for months.

So the Dems couldn't get Garland in due to a lack of a hearing (if so why couldn't Dems have done same) or because they no longer had Senate majority during this last run?
They didn't have the majority so they couldn't even bring him up for a vote. If they had the majority they could have nuked the filibuster if they needed to.

The fact the media keeps saying this over something or other every few weeks just proves they are struggling to find anything that could be considered Presidential, at least when dressed up as such. And that Trump is inconsistent enough that they need to keep looking for the needle in haystack examples from which they can spin up the new narrative.

The media will do this again when he makes his first speech after a domestic terror attack. And again when he makes his first speech after a domestic shooting spree. And after a domestic natural disaster. Etc.

David Frum is right + a heapin' helpin' of people becoming conciously terrified of how the Trumpster Fire will handle an actual action/reaction to tragedy and danger to America and are getting irrationally desperate for any whiff of competancy from leadership (which is only smoke).

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I don't post here or even browse this thread often but after watching John Oliver last night I had two observations:

1.) When the hell did Alex Jones start supporting Donald Trump? I can say in full confidence I haven't listened to more than 30 seconds of the bullshit that Alex Jones spews but I know he spews conspiracy theory NWO, globalist bullshit.

How could someone with that worldview and philosophy support one of the richest men on the planet in Donald Trump?

2.) Bill O'Reilly is done.

When I initially heard/read the harassment charges I thought he would still manage to stay but it's been such a (great) PR hit, I just don't see how the Fox parent company keeps him on the air. And if they do, he's certainly not going to headline the 5 PM show. Advertisers are bailing the fuck out and you could even hear it in the voice of Bill's good friend, Donald Trump, that he's done.

"He shouldn't have settled"- President Trump

Prediction Time: Tomi Lahren takes over the prime time held by erotic author Bill O'Reilly. The Blaze/OAN is the minor league for casually racist Fox News hosts, and she's been groomed by Glenn Beck and co to take over that spot.

God this alt-right media machine is fucking depressing.

Ogodei

I don't post here or even browse this thread often but after watching John Oliver last night I had two observations:

1.) When the hell did Alex Jones start supporting Donald Trump? I can say in full confidence I haven't listened to more than 30 seconds of the bullshit that Alex Jones spews but I know he spews conspiracy theory NWO, globalist bullshit.

How could someone with that worldview and philosophy support one of the richest men on the planet in Donald Trump?

2.) Bill O'Reilly is done.

When I initially heard/read the harassment charges I thought he would still manage to stay but it's been such a (great) PR hit, I just don't see how the Fox parent company keeps him on the air. And if they do, he's certainly not going to headline the 5 PM show. Advertisers are bailing the fuck out and you could even hear it in the voice of Bill's good friend, Donald Trump, that he's done.

"He shouldn't have settled"- President Trump

Prediction Time: Tomi Lahren takes over the prime time held by erotic author Bill O'Reilly. The Blaze/OAN is the minor league for casually racist Fox News hosts, and she's been groomed by Glenn Beck and co to take over that spot.

God this alt-right media machine is fucking depressing.

Lahren still has the "stink" of her pro-choice commentary on her. Fox might bring her in for grooming, but they wouldn't send her up to the majors anytime soon until the base forgets about that line.

Holmes

Cook moved KS-04 to lean R. If districts like these are lean R in 2018 and we're winning districts like GA-06, it'll be a good election.

I say that cause I've seen her argue for the most inane right-wing conspiracy theories that you wouldn't expect from a so-called "reasonable Republican'.

Which conspiracy theories? It's not like I read her column consistently but I've always found her to be pretty unobjectionable.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lahren still has the "stink" of her pro-choice commentary on her. Fox might bring her in for grooming, but they wouldn't send her up to the majors anytime soon until the base forgets about that line.

That probably would've matter 5 years ago, but I don't think it matters today. Lahren is a very popular name right now and would be someone to counter Megyn Kelly whenever she comes back on air.

It still boggles my mind how this alt-right media machine of Glenn Beck/Fox News/BreitBart and fucking Alex Jones is all connected and how they share so many of the same viewpoints and spout the same idealogical bullshit.

All this is going on and people want to defund the NPR. It's seriously depressing but I believe good will always prevail.

The Democratic Party should really focus on fighting this machine in anyway they can.

JP_

Banned
John Dickerson of Face the Nation is saying he’s hearing republicans are planning to go nuclear with the filibuster for legislation as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom