• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holmes

I decided I support Tulsi for president because if she wins she'll have to give up her seat in the House.

Fail upward in 2020
lul

I think what people misunderstand is that it's not party affiliation in Georgia, it's what primary you last voted in. Considering there were a lot of Rubio -> Clinton voters in the district, I wouldn't run with my head cut off as "Republican" turnout increases over the coming week.

mo60

lul

I think what people misunderstand is that it's not party affiliation in Georgia, it's what primary you last voted in. Considering there were a lot of Rubio -> Clinton voters in the district, I wouldn't run with my head cut off as "Republican" turnout increases over the coming week.

I bet you ossoff would be able to win some of these republicans turning out in high numbers.

chadskin

Former US President Barack Obama will visit Germany in May to address the Protestant Church Assembly, or Kirchentag, according to reports in German daily Süddeutsche Zeitung. Obama will join Chancellor Angela Merkel and other dignitaries at the four-day festival.

He is believed to be making a speech at the closing event in Berlin to mark the 500th anniversary of the Reformation. It would be his first public talk since his second term came to an end in January.
http://www.dw.com/en/obama-to-give-speech-in-berlin-to-mark-reformation-anniversary/a-38376700

FyreWulff

so wait does this technically make Obama the first president to visit to a foreign country of the Trump administration?

edit: Trump's first scheduled foreign trip is May 28th to Belgium

It's special election day in Kansas' 4th.

Otherwise known as the beginning of the end of the GOP majority.

(I don't think we win, prove me wrong America)

chadskin

so wait does this technically make Obama the first president to visit to a foreign country of the Trump administration?

edit: Trump's first scheduled foreign trip is May 28th to Belgium

It should be May 26th to Italy for the G7 summit, then May 28th to Belgium for the NATO summit.

Obama's visit to Germany is on May 25th.

chadskin

@realDonaldTrump:
North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A.

homer_usa.gif

Franken supporting the Iraq War should be a serious issue in the primary, which makes me disinclined towards supporting him even though I'd otherwise think he'd be a strong candidate.

Have I told you the good news about Sherrod Brown however
Wait what? Franken was not in congress during Iraq war.

FyreWulff

Franken supporting the Iraq War should be a serious issue in the primary, which makes me disinclined towards supporting him even though I'd otherwise think he'd be a strong candidate.

Have I told you the good news about Sherrod Brown however

Franken didn't become a Senator until almost the five year anniversary of the war starting, and reversed his initial support years before election as well

2020 is going to be the first election with voters who weren't even born before 9-11.

You have to wonder how much value supporting or not the Iraq war is actually going to matter. 20 year old issues that the majority of the country supported at the time is a really weak reason to not push for someone.

Wilsongt

2020 is going to be the first election with voters who weren't even born before 9-11.

You have to wonder how much value supporting or not the Iraq war is actually going to matter. 20 year old issues that the majority of the country supported at the time is a really weak reason to not push for someone.

So.... Green Party/Libertarian wave in 2020?

Would be pretty wacky if Franken got dinged (in a GE) on initially supporting the war as a private citizen, then reversing his stance considering that's exactly what fucking Trump did.

I mean they did it with Hillary too, but she had the vote on record.

Thanks media pundits for creaming your pants when Trump fired off missiles, Donny got the message loud and clear.

Also, Eric Trump continues to be the dumbest mother fucker on earth:

C9IbwYIUwAA2CFq.jpg

Wilsongt

Donald Trump's decision to bomb Syria was influenced by his daughter, Ivanka, being "heartbroken and outraged" at the country's alleged chemical weapons attack, one of the president's sons told a British newspaper.

"Daddy! Daddy! I don't like seeing the poor children being hurt! Bomb them! Bomb them now, daddy!"

Wilsongt

Gasp! No way! This is my shocked face!

The impeachment investigation report – which was compiled by a special counsel appointed by the legislature – concluded that the driver’s license office closures were politically motivated and ordained by the aide at the center of the scandal, Rebekah Mason, as a way to pressure state legislators into getting in line in support of the governor’s funding legislation.

Former Alabama Law Enforcement Agency head Spencer Collier, who oversaw the operations of the offices, told the impeachment investigators “that Mason proposed closing multiple driver’s license offices throughout the State and asked ALEA to put together a plan,” according to the report.

“It was Collier’s understanding that Mason intended the plan to be rolled out in a way that had limited impact on Governor Bentley’s political allies,” the report continued.

Pedrito

Thanks media pundits for creaming your pants when Trump fired off missiles, Donny got the message loud and clear.

Also, Eric Trump continues to be the dumbest mother fucker on earth:

C9IbwYIUwAA2CFq.jpg

You're not supposed to spell that out Eric. You have to let cable news make that point for you and then smile devilishly at their stupidity.

I think I might dislike Trump's kids more than I dislike Trump himself. At least Trump was elected.

You're not supposed to spell that out Eric. You have to let cable news make that point for you and then smile devilishly at their stupidity.

I think I might dislike Trump's kids more than I dislike Trump himself. At least Trump was elected.

Also it does literally zero to dispel Russia ties. It just means they are bad at it and/or are being played.

dramatis

Wireless Industry Lobbies Statehouses For Access To 'Street Furniture'
In at least 20 state capitols across the country this year, the wireless industry is pushing legislation to streamline local permitting for the next generation of cellular technology.

In Washington state, that's putting the industry on a collision course with cities and towns.

Instead of soaring towers with antennas on top, future cell sites will adorn power poles and streetlights.

The wireless industry says these densely packed, small cell sites will lead to even faster download speeds for the fifth generation of cell phones compared to the current generation. A movie that currently takes minutes to download over 4G wireless will take just seconds.
Strickland is troubled by an industry-backed bill in the Washington legislature that would require local governments to allow small cell antennas to be attached to publicly-owned poles and structures that line city streets—unless there was a safety or engineering concern.

The bill would also require cities and town to approve master permits for small cell attachments within 90 days and it would prohibit requirements for aesthetic standards, except in designated historic or themed districts.

In addition, the bill would limit how much Washington cities could charge in annual pole rental fees, a decision defended by the legislation's sponsor, Republican state Senator Doug Ericksen, chair of the Senate Energy, Environment and Telecommunications Committee.
For Tacoma Mayor Marilyn Strickland, this fight is about more than just aesthetics and local control. It's also about being able to ensure what she calls "digital equity"—the idea that Hilltop, an emerging neighborhood, would have the same access to 5G technology as a more affluent part of the city.

"We have an opportunity here to try and make sure that if we're bringing technology to cities, especially cities with diverse neighborhoods, that we're not leaving out the challenged neighborhoods as well," Strickland said.
The idea isn't bad, but the companies are being hella greedy with this bill.

"Hey, Putin, what the fuck. That strike was supposed to push the Russia stuff out of the news"
"Fine, Trump, my old friend, I'll let you support NATO this one time. That should help kill the Russian stories"

Is there anything more classically Trump than getting extraordinary help and then fucking the other guy over? Its like the scorpion and the frog, only with two scorpions.

Really close high school and college friend of mine just got appointed Rick Scott's general counsel. :/

like everything else in 2017, feelsbadman. He's a nice guy and I'm happy for him but it's like collaborating with an invading alien force.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the leader of the free world.

@markknoller
Pres crosses arms and looks away, declining to respond to @jeffzeleny question on whether his view of Russia's Pres Putin has changed.
C9JGA1jXUAAqVRR.jpg

Leader. Of. The. Free. World.

You just hear him thinking: "Why can't everyday be Truck day!?"

@markknoller
Pres crosses arms and looks away, declining to respond to @jeffzeleny question on whether his view of Russia's Pres Putin has changed.
C9JGA1jXUAAqVRR.jpg

He's such a fucking child

DonShula

@markknoller
C9JGA1jXUAAqVRR.jpg

Looking for all the world as if a lawyer's advised him to stop talking about Russia to the press and he's taking it literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom