• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

C87FD4kXsAYfqNc.jpg

But of course........

Also holy shit at Spicer what is wrong with him?

Sibylus

Banned
What Spicey meant to say (but didn't because he's a moron) was that Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on the battlefield. Which AFAIK was true: he was afraid of inviting reprisals in kind.

"Show of hands, who wants to be the next press secretary? Well, don't everyone go and volunteer all at once. Come on, is it that terrible? Don't make us volunteer you like United."

QPac Virginia Poll:

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/va/va04112017_Vrw38mbb.pdf/

Dem Primary:

Perriello: 25
Northam: 20
Undecided: 51

GOP Primary:

Gillespie: 28
Stewart: 12
Wagner: 7
Undecided: 51

Gov General:

Perriello: 46
Gillespie: 33

Northam: 44
Gillespie: 33

Job Approval:

Trump: 36/57
McAuliffe: 52/32
Warner: 62/27
Kaine: 58/34

Senate General:

Kaine: 56
Ingraham: 35

Kaine: 57
Fiorina: 33

https://poll.qu.edu/images/polling/va/va04112017_Vrw38mbb.pdf/
Too bad this one doesn't have support breakdown by geography, the last one I saw had that and it was pretty interesting. Still, exciting news for Perriello!

Also wtf Spicer

They are a lot of things that Assad as done that is similar to Hitler like mass torture centers( there is a Nazi that allegedly helped the Syrian government make a torture center).

They tried to say that Assad is worst than Hitler, but of course the administration is stupid. They is a lot of evidence that can make the government look like Nazi Germany in terms of brutality, but of course the administration is too incompetent.

pigeon

Banned
First off, when discussing atrocities, just stop at "the Holocaust was very bad, maybe the worst thing ever."

If people bring up Mao or Stalin just say "I SAID MAYBE" then change the subject.

Normal humans are totally fine just classifying all genocidal atrocities as "the worst thing ever" and do not see a contradiction.

Secondly, if Assad is anywhere near Hitler then we should be sending ground troops to Syria immediately, shouldn't we?

Ogodei

What Spicey meant to say (but didn't because he's a moron) was that Hitler didn't use chemical weapons on the battlefield. Which AFAIK was true: he was afraid of inviting reprisals in kind.

Also apparently because the Wehrmacht was still very dependent upon horses at the very end of their supply lines (last leg before supplies got to front-line troops), and they couldn't figure out how to put gas masks on horses without suffocating them.

Edit: money says most of those undecideds will break for Northam, but i'm keeping an open mind on either myself.

Zereta

Spicer's just trying to increase general awareness of Nazi war crimes because everyone is now googling about Hitler's use of chemical weapons.

You just don't understand his 85-dimensional tactics!

kirblar

Also apparently because the Wehrmacht was still very dependent upon horses at the very end of their supply lines (last leg before supplies got to front-line troops), and they couldn't figure out how to put gas masks on horses without suffocating them.

Edit: money says most of those undecideds will break for Northam, but i'm keeping an open mind on either myself.
No one knows who Northam is either and Pierello got a big head start on campaigning. I wouldn't be sure on that.

Even if that was what he meant, why is he arguing that Assad is worse than Hitler? How does that work? "Assad is obviously worse than Hitler, that's why the US does not support his removal and will do nothing to substantively oppose him."

Teggy

The thing is, I believe Spicer made an extremely similar comment at a briefing last week and no one really said anything except for a few people on twitter.

Sibylus

Banned
Even if that was what he meant, why is he arguing that Assad is worse than Hitler? How does that work? "Assad is obviously worse than Hitler, that's why the US does not support his removal and will do nothing to substantively oppose him."

He's a moron and trying to cover for his boss by filtering facts through his poorly-spoken moron brain. Not all that complicated. Same deal with Kellyanne trying to posit an "internet of things" deflection by implicating... hypothetical microwaves sans any other context. Poor speakers mangling some or other factoid and becoming a laughing stock seems to be the rule for 45's administration. Not like fascists need care about competence, I guess, when you have morons who'll throw their bodies in front of you.

Slacker

from ze twitters:

Daniel Lin‏ @DLin71 26m26 minutes ago

Black History Month
-Frederick Douglass is alive

Sexual Assault Awareness
-O'Reilly did nothing wrong

Passover
-Hitler didn't gas anyone

kirblar

Northam has been elected statewide and is a much larger fixture in Virginia politics. It's his to lose. And he's losing. He shouldn't be behind.
No one knows who the Lt Governor is. They're both entering flat-footed on name recognition. Northam got stalled out by VA regs earlier in the year but at this point, yes, Notham should have a visible campaign apparatus working and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom