• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

4 counties still need to report. Will these four counties plus sedgwick and harvey be enough to give thompson the win.That is the question.

mo60

Also it looks like thompson is only leading by 6.6 points in harvey now. And estes is leading by by 35 points in sumner county right now

Neck and neck on the NYT tracker but there's still a lot of Sedwick left to count...

Well, the tabulating machine at least

They do exist though. Just a touch screen, the ones I've used also print it physically or something too. Not sure what the tabulating process is like
That's so weird! Maybe I'm a Luddite but I'd feel vaguely uncomfortable voting that way.

Having voted both electronically and using paper ballots, the paper is just so much more fun. It's really satisfying to feed it into the machine.
Woah you get to feed the paper ballot in?

Kusagari

The urban/rural divide here is almost apoplectic for the GOP if you apply it to the GA race. Especially considering they were already extremely down on Trump to begin with.

(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten 2m2 minutes ago
Unless there's a shocking vote coming out of Sedgwick (who knows), Estes has got this.
Sounds like it's a wrap. Shouldn't be this close though which is good.

nothing will compare to 2016 election night. i'll remember like every moment vividly forever.

I was feeling shitty after a bad day at work so skipped an election watching party. On the way home checked twitter at a stop light and Florida had flipped to Trump and the midwest was looking shaky. It was like being transported to the Twilight Zone.

mo60

The urban/rural divide here is almost apoplectic for the GOP if you apply it to the GA race. Especially considering they were already extremely down on Trump to begin with.

If the GOP can barely win this special election in favourable territory I don't think they can win GA-6 at this point especially since that district's rural-urban divide is not as extreme or nonexistant.

Slacker

I love that Trump is now distancing himself from Bannon, There was an episode of The West Wing where Bartlett was talking to the guy down the line of succession that stayed away from the SOTU in case the place got nuked. While telling him what to do in case that happened (appoint these positions, defcon 4, etc), Bartlett asks something like, "Do you have a best friend you would trust with your life? That's your Chief of Staff."

Trump's CoS is someone I can't imagine he even remotely likes. And Bannon is plainly just a repugnant person in general. It's almost a little sad, and it's obvious why Trump relies so heavily on his children and Jared. It doesn't seem like the dude has any real friends he can count on. I guess a lifetime of treating everyone around you like crap can do that do a fellow.

Sedgewick starting to report in more, and the margin there's getting smaller, not larger. Sadly, while it does still look like it'll be within double digits, it won't be the <5% margin I was hoping for :(

Holmes

It is what it is. At this time last week, no one expected it to even be under a 20% margin. Hopefully something similar is happening in districts across the country. Democrats just need to recruit strong candidates across the board.

It is what it is. At this time last week, no one expected it to even be under a 20% margin. Hopefully something similar is happening in districts across the country. Democrats just need to recruit strong candidates across the board.

Also, there's got to be something we can do with rural turnout. Driving down theirs, if not driving up ours. Idk. Without those ludicrous 75-25 splits in most rural counties this thing might've swung our way entirely.

I know I shouldn't have gotten too excited but I just wanted to believe. This is still a great result and I hope it means Quist will soon become Congressman Quist.

Democrats need to use these special elections as a trial for 2018- candidates like Thompson are great for the majority of the country. Find candidates that fit each region and help them deliver a clear message. Even if Thompson loses, tonight should scare the bejeesus out of the GOP and give inspiration to Democrats.

I was feeling shitty after a bad day at work so skipped an election watching party. On the way home checked twitter at a stop light and Florida had flipped to Trump and the midwest was looking shaky. It was like being transported to the Twilight Zone.
I got like 6 calls from people I all like instantly declined. I didn't call my mom for like three days because she'd been saying "I feel like trump's gonna win" for the past 3 months and i had been trying to be the voice of reason.

Nelo Ice

Banned

O god I was calling friends and family in full meltdown. I was also at the local Democrats HQ and as soon as Florida flipped I went into full panic mode and I had to leave and go home since I knew right then that this was not gonna be a good night.

I had classes to teach the day after the election, and I was feeling pretty stoic about the results until I had to excuse a queer student who was too distraught to handle it. Then I wrote the Clinton campaign thanking them for fighting for my students (and they just sent me a card thanking me for the letter).

Wilsongt

Based on them throwing big guns at this House elections, the GOP is scared. They know they might possibly be a little vulnerable to lose a couple of seats in 2018. Nothing to swing the majority back into the Dems favors, but maybe a seat or two.

Based on them throwing big guns at this House elections, the GOP is scared. They know they might possibly be a little vulnerable to lose a couple of seats in 2018. Nothing to swing the majority back into the Dems favors, but maybe a seat or two.
Swinging more than 20 points to the Democrats is more than "a seat or two."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom