• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like another blown prediction by the regulars in this thread.

I didn't expect a bump from Syria. My takeaway was the bullshit media coverage of him being "Presidential" all of a sudden by doing it. In the days since we've discovered he's an idiot who did the bare minimum to seem like he gave a shit.

Firing the guy investigating you is one of the most blatant cases of corruption this country has ever seen and is easily marketable by Democrats.

Again, his voters don't give a shit about that. They never truly cared about corruption or they wouldn't have voted in a corrupt businessman in the first place.

This is just meat for those who oppose him.

Again, his voters don't give a shit about that. They never truly cared about corruption or they wouldn't have voted in a corrupt businessman in the first place.

This is just meat for those who oppose him.

There are a ton of voters who saw Clinton as more corrupt than Trump. She constantly polled as being "above the law" and stuff like that.

They voted against corruption.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif
I'm seeing double. Four Alonzos!

kirblar

There are a ton of voters who saw Clinton as more corrupt than Trump. She constantly polled as being "above the law" and stuff like that.

They voted against corruption.
"Corruption" is a stand-in for "Female." Same exact language you saw in the campaign aimed at her was thrown out in GamerGate as well.

No male candidate gets that sort of language used against them and has it stick as a narrative.

tbm24

Watching Hillary and Cuomo signing the free tuition plan at LaGuardia CC today. Pretty funny seeing them both together, look like they're having a good time. Big day for NY in general. Very excited about the prospects for my Daughter's eventual college education here, especially in the wake of Devos rolling back student loan protections Obama put in.

Watching Hillary and Cuomo signing the free tuition plan at LaGuardia CC today. Pretty funny seeing them both together, look like they're having a good time. Big day for NY in general. Very excited about the prospects for my Daughter's eventual college education here, especially in the wake of Devon rolling back student loan protections Obama put in.

My dad and brother are going to my brother's college this friday to try and use this new bill to negotiate his tuition down.

So this might directly save my brother some money down the line, even if he doesn't go to a SUNY school.

kess

Maybe I was having some weird fever dreams last night, but things are getting so shitty that single-payer Dems could start running with some pretty blunt stuff. "Hey, want to die in medical debt? Vote Republican!"

Owzers

Trump news conference today is going to be him running over the press again, Susan rice committed a big crime, the biggest in history and everyone will see that at an appropriate time.

Who? I saw some panicking about how this would guarantee Trump's re-election, mostly in OT, from the types who think everything is a sign of Trump's re-election, but I don't recall any consensus in this thread about whether Trump would receive a bump from this. Unless there is a real consensus, "the regulars" is too nebulous a category to call out for bad predictions, be they about Donald Trump's poll numbers or LeBron James.

Trump news conference today is going to be him running over the press again, Susan rice committed a big crime, the biggest in history and everyone will see that at an appropriate time.

Oh god please let it be like the one where he just took questions for an hour. It was amazing.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I am looking at reasons why people who voted for Price vote for the D candidate vs. the R candidate.

Update on GA EV:

What reasons? The reasons being, Trump is president now, Dems are energized, Price was an incumbent, the Rs suck, and Trump is a poor fit for the district and want to send a message. That's what all their internal polling is seeing.

Also, why is it surprising that Rs will reach parity with Ds? There's no party registration in Georgia, so it's just based on the last primary you voted in.

Re: Rs

@Nate_Cohn
i have no idea. i don't even think [Dems] need a lead at all

@Nate_Cohn
by last primary vote, the measure here, this is an R+20 district. Even R+15 in the end would be quite good for Ossoff

kirblar

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/california-wants-earlier-primary-2020-237117
Seeking 2020 clout, California looks to jump the primary queue

Yes please, how about we actually deal with a primary that reflects the diverse electorate where 19m LA citizens are actually treated like we matter over the fraction of god knows who from the Iowa Caucus.
Timing of the move probably not an accident given our presumed list of Royal Rumble entrants.

(Definitely a good thing overall tho.)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

As somebody accurately stated yesterday, the public is sick of constant war. Add that to the fact that a large portion of our country is no longer as "Rah rah America!!!" as in times past, and it seemed like he wouldn't get a bump.

Teggy

There's supposed to be a tax day march on Saturday but I've seen very little about it save for a few minor posts. Sad if it didn't get any traction. I've seen much more for the science march next weekend.

Wilsongt

This time, legislators have proposed a bill going after the Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC), which pulled championship games from the state last year because of the anti-LGBT “bathroom bill,” HB2.

The new bill, House Bill 728, says that if an intercollegiate athletic association boycotts North Carolina in the future, the campuses in the University of North Carolina system in that conference would be prohibited from granting any media rights to that conference, and would provide written notice to that conference that they intend to leave upon the expiration of media rights.

In other words, if the ACC boycotts North Carolina again due to its discriminatory laws, the ACC would lose two of its biggest schools, the University of North Carolina and N.C. State.

Huh.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm SHOCKED!

Tillerson seems to have found "grounded areas of agreement on a complex problem and that a cooperative investigation is going to happen now as we find other areas to find agreement upon"

Including a lot of "business, trade and investement" partnerships.

SHOCKED AS HELL.

I'm SHOCKED!

Tillerson seems to have found "grounded areas of agreement on a complex problem and that a cooperative investigation is going to happen now as we find other areas to find agreement upon"

SHOCKED AS HELL.

Just as shocked that Putin and him met after all. I guess all they want is the barest possible cover for working together.

I'm SHOCKED!

SHOCKED AS HELL.

Fuck. Comey, you gotta move now!!!!!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Just as shocked that Putin and him met after all. I guess all they want is the barest possible cover for working together.

Also Boris Johnsons withdrew his simultaneous visit last week, right after the Syria strikes, almost as if to create a neater spotlight around Tillerson's "SURPRISINGLY POSITIVE ENGAGEMENTS" and "AREAS OF UNIFIED VIEW OVER SYRIA AND NK"

Tillerson also said that the government carried out the chemical strikes. It seems it looks like he is sending mixed messages? Tillerson also ditched the US press pool, so some is saying that might be helping Russia create their narrative.

Ogodei

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/california-wants-earlier-primary-2020-237117
Seeking 2020 clout, California looks to jump the primary queue

Yes please, how about we actually deal with a primary that reflects the diverse electorate where 19m LA citizens are actually treated like we matter over the fraction of god knows who from the Iowa Caucus.

I feel like it should start with the small states because there is meaning to the idea that a smaller campaign could mount an insurgent campaign in New Hampshire effectively versus a state like California.

I remember cooking up some kind of system in 2016 that put out 4 trial states (one small state each in the Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and West, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada), to a starter-state array that was both geographically and ethnically diverse. Iowa would start in the last week of January, then one a week for NH, SC, and NV), and then you'd do 4 "super tuesdays" every two weeks starting the first tuesday in March (one per region), and so you're done by the end of April.

I feel like it should start with the small states because there is meaning to the idea that a smaller campaign could mount an insurgent campaign in New Hampshire effectively versus a state like California.

I remember cooking up some kind of system in 2016 that put out 4 trial states (one small state each in the Midwest, Northeast, Southeast, and West, Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and Nevada), to a starter-state array that was both geographically and ethnically diverse. Iowa would start in the last week of January, then one a week for NH, SC, and NV), and then you'd do 4 "super tuesdays" every two weeks starting the first tuesday in March (one per region), and so you're done by the end of April.
Even with Nevada, it feels like urban democrats are glaringly underrepresented in that plan.
Edit: what about Maryland or D.C.?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom