• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pruitt Requests Around-The-Clock Security Detail As Deep Cuts Loom At EPA

The EPA has asked to add 10 security agents to provide a 24/7 security detail for Pruitt, which would be the first time an EPA administrator has had around-the-clock security, according to the New York Times.
The EPA currently does not have enough agents to provide a 24/7 detail, and between 2008 and 2010, the administrator’s security staff ranged from six to eight employees, according to E&E News. Past administrators only had door-to-door security protections where agents would accompany them to and from work, and travel with them to events and trips, per the report.

Myron Ebell, who led President Donald Trump’s EPA transition team, told E&E News in February that the additional security agents could help protect Pruitt from protesters and his department’s own employees.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
tenor.gif

Sorry--I couldn't remember who it was. Just had a couple minutes to read on here yesterday and remembered the statement but didn't recall you were the one who had said it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry--I couldn't remember who it was. Just had a couple minutes to read on here yesterday and remembered the statement but didn't recall you were the one who had said it.
For a minute I thought you had quoted some Adele lyrics here and was trying to make them fit the song Hello in my head. lol

It's fine if California wants to move up but the current first four should stay the same. All are pretty small states that allow challengers to have a chance which I'm skeptical that they could do in California. Each of the first four states is in a different part of the country so they each get their voice and I think moving California fucks up the equilibrium. Let it be in the first Super Tuesday though, sure.

pigeon

Banned
It's fine if California wants to move up but the current first four should stay the same. All are pretty small states that allow challengers to have a chance which I'm skeptical that they could do in California. Each of the first four states is in a different part of the country so they each get their voice and I think moving California fucks up the equilibrium. Let it be in the first Super Tuesday though, sure.

Sounds like status quo bias. Corporate Dems are always pandering to moneyed interests in Iowa.

Seriously, though, they are!

Sounds like status quo bias. Corporate Dems are always pandering to moneyed interests in Iowa.

Seriously, though, they are!
I mean sure but somewhere from the Midwest should be in the first four. If they want to switch it with Wisconsin or something be my guest.

Though yeah lol hello ethanol subsidies

Would house and senate republicans stay by trumps side if he fired comey? It seems like everytime he doe something awful they call him out for 1 or 2 days then once the media moves on they go back to defending him.

Slime

Banned
Would house and senate republicans stay by trumps side if he fired comey? It seems like everytime he doe something awful they call him out for 1 or 2 days then once the media moves on they go back to defending him.

They'd justify it by saying his appointment by Obama tainted him and hope their base rewards them in 2018. GOPers have no sense of ethics, so I'm sure the only ones who would care are the media, Democrats, and whichever moderates and independents still exist.

Republican voters want a purge and their elected representatives will oblige them.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Is Trump holding a press conference in about an hour from now? I saw something on the news this morning but I may have misread it.

Is Trump holding a press conference in about an hour from now? I saw something on the news this morning but I may have misread it.

Yep, but it's a joint press conference with the NATO Secretary General:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMy7dpbZMs

Anyone else watch that Tillerson / Lavrov press conference? It was embarrassing, plain and simple. Lavrov denied hacking and chemical weapons and shit all over the Obama administration. Tillerson basically sat there like a log.

kirblar

Prioritizing small states is going to lead to an early electorate that's far less urban and far more white than the Dems as a whole.

Small states don't have big cities.

edit: Turns out what's driving polarization isn't Social Media, it's Fox News: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359998 (SHOCKING NEWS I KNOW)

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Yep, but it's a joint press conference with the NATO Secretary General:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiMy7dpbZMs

Anyone else watch that Tillerson / Lavrov press conference? It was embarrassing, plain and simple. Lavrov denied hacking and chemical weapons and shit all over the Obama administration. Tillerson basically sat there like a log.

So two softball questions he will fuck up on also.

WASHINGTON (AP) - Spokesman says former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort is registering with US gov't as foreign agent

https://twitter.com/joshledermanAP/status/852235410487037954

Manafort registering with US govt as foreign agent, Manafort spox says, for "past political work." Work did not involve Russia, spox adds.

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/852236085149282304

ivajz

Anybody knows what's happening with the Carter Page interview with Jake Tapper today? It's at the same time as the press conference.

Flake is tackling the real issues to gear up for reeelection

“The IRS has given a tax advantage to people who own alpacas,” Flake said on “Fox & Friends” last week. The provision for alpacas was one of several unrelated provisions that Flake described as costly loopholes in his report.

“Sen. Flake was unprepared to talk about the tax code as it relates to the alpaca industry,” Synhorst's statement read. “I am stunned that the senator would go on national television without all of the facts about the North American alpaca industry!”

Flake did not help his case with the alpaca community when he narrated a video accompanying the report that appeared to be a parody of a televised appeal from an animal shelter. The video called on viewers to help him protect alpacas that were being “abused.” In this context, the abuse referred to abuse of the tax code, and the shelter was a shelter from the IRS — an elaborate tax-policy joke of dubious taste and questionable comedic value.

Llamas are actually pretty chill, both my neighbors and some family friends used to own a decent number of them and all but one were pretty nice. There was one that used to get aggressive on the other side of the fence when you walked by on the way to the bus stop though and that was pretty funny. I have no idea how similar alpacas are.

I actually think Heitkamp could win.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/12/politics/kevin-cramer-defense-sean-spicer/index.html

(CNN)Rep. Kevin Cramer, a possible challenger to North Dakota Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, said Wednesday that White House press secretary Sean Spicer's analogy between Adolf Hitler and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is "not without some validity."

"The media is so gullible, they fall for these things because they think it's really hot stuff and the public just can't wait to stick it to Sean Spicer -- who 99% of the people wouldn't have the foggiest idea who he is and it distracts them from other things," Cramer, a North Dakota Republican, said Wednesday KFYR-FM with conservative radio North Dakota host Scott Hennen. "I can't even believe that anybody in the media, much less all of the major networks, led with this story. A spokesperson, who by the way made a poor illustration, but it's not completely, it's not without some validity."

Cramer was played a clip of Spicer again apologizing for saying of Assad, "you had someone who was as despicable as Hitler who didn't even sink to using chemical weapons."

I mean, the North Dakota GOP has a two-decade history of throwing shitty candidates at Heitkamp and thinking that the states' partisan lean is enough to beat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom