• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Trump went on a Twitter tirade about the Miss Universe contestant and Lord said, "What I'm saying is, we need to look at this from a different view?" and Ana Navarro ripped him a new asshole?

Good times.

C9TE5E5XkAEr9TH.jpg

Quite the timeline here

Ernest

Banned
Trump is just really easily manipulated, be it by Fox News, Bannon, Ivanka, Kushner, etc.

He has no real stance of his own, so just globs on to whoever strokes his ego the most.

George W. Bush on "poncho" incident, response to inauguration

Former President George W. Bush says he can’t remember if he said “that was some weird s***” after President Trump’s inauguration speech in January.
“If I said it, I don’t remember it,” Bush said in an interview on NPR’s “Morning Edition,” adding that the inauguration is a “beautiful experience” because it’s the peaceful transition of power.

He does, however, clearly remember his awkward response to rain that day.

“I wish I got the rain poncho on a little more cleanly,” Bush joked, referring to his struggle to put on a transparent poncho during the ceremony as it began to rain. “My daughters were aghast. ‘Dad, you’re a national tweet sensation. You’re trending,’ or whatever the words are. I said, ‘I don’t know what the heck that means.’ But then I saw the pictures and I can see why I was trending.”

Asked again if he made the “weird s***” comment, Bush said, “I just don’t remember, David. I really don’t.”

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
We were eating the most magnificent bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and I turned to Bannon and said "we just dropped the biggest bomb, huge, in Afghanistan and I just want you to know that" Steve just sat there in silence.

Teggy

Well I guess Trump beat isis and it was so quick and so so easy.

Meanwhile, Trudeau announced plans to make recreational marijuana legal throughout Canada.

Good news for CT Dems -- wildly unpopular incumbent governor Dan Malloy isn't seeking a third term.

@kkondik
Malloy (D) reportedly not seeking another term as CT-GOV. We haven't done governor ratings yet but that was going to be a Toss-up regardless

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-s...s-from-planned-parenthood-abortion-providers/

President Trump signed legislation Thursday allowing states to withhold federal family planning funds from Planned Parenthood and other abortion providers.

The measure overturns a rule finalized in the last days of the Obama administration that said states could deny family planning funds to an organization only if it were incapable of providing those services.

Mr. Trump signed the measure in the Oval Office Thursday -- the event was not open to cameras.

images

hot damn

@IanSams
NEWS: @tomperriello outraised both @RalphNortham and @EdWGillespie in Q1, pulling in $2.2 million. 86% contributions were less than $100.

@IanSams
MORE: 56 previous @RalphNortham contributors flipped to @tomperriello in Q1. Tom is outraising Northam 2-to-1 per campaign day.

The MOAB thread in OT is making me depressingly aware of how little the average person knows about nuclear weapons and the politics of them.

Like, at least during the Cold War people probably knew this stuff.

Everyone should be required to watch "Trinity and Beyond" in high school, IMO.

Not shocked. He's the only one who actually appears to be running an actual campaign at this point. (This is a dig at the other campaigns, not him.)

All enthusiasm is behind Perriello, I'm not sure how much that has to do with each campaign. Everything I see online about donating/phone banking comes from people excited about his campaign, not from the campaign itself. No one gives a fuck about Northam.

kirblar

All enthusiasm is behind Perriello, I'm not sure how much that has to do with each campaign. Everything I see online about donating/phone banking comes from people excited about his campaign, not from the campaign itself. No one gives a fuck about Northam.
It's because he has a profile outside of VA.

I'm not loving the way in which local races are getting nationalized. (Ossoff getting attention is great, but is this going to be how everything is done from now on?)

It's because he has a profile outside of VA.

I'm not loving the way in which local races are getting nationalized. (Ossoff getting attention is great, but is this going to be how everything is done from now on?)

It's largely because there aren't many races to look at right now

2018 won't be as nationalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom