• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst part of this is the response tbh. "Haven't you ever hit on anybody" would've been a fine answer.

Unless he was married or something at the time.

Maybe the sarcasm is going over my head, but I don't think that would've been a fine answer either? I don't know that what he told that woman counts as "hitting on her." It's really aggressive and pretty gross. There's no real justification for it.

Maybe the sarcasm is going over my head, but I don't think that would've been a fine answer either? I don't know that what he told that woman counts as "hitting on her." It's really aggressive and pretty gross. There's no real justification for it.

I mean, as far as drunken pickup lines go, I've heard a lot worse.

tuxfool

Banned
She was a prostitute. All he had to do was jingle his coin purse and she knew it was time to mount the metaphorical cross.

More some recent research doesn't consider her a Prostitute. The thesis is that she was slandered because she was a woman and much closer to Jesus than the apostles. Another theory is that she was just merged with some unnamed prostitute.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jefferey Lord is an idiot who thinks he is smart.
On the one hand, yes, he's an idiot. On the other hand, he's smart and doing exactly what Jeff Zucker wants. He went on CNN earlier today and caused a stir, presenting an opportunity for CNN to revisit that 'story' in the evening for another segment. It's a CNN personality turning himself into fodder for further CNN coverage. He's performing the exact game Zucker outlined recently.

CNN still trash!
nw9w3YB.jpg

Has the media always gotten a massive boner from war or is that a development of the 21st century?

Pretty sure always. War sold papers, war increases TV ratings. SSDD

Pretty sure the huge surge in yellow journalism or whatever during the early 20th century was in large part due to the approach of the Spanish-American War.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Has the media always gotten a massive boner from war or is that a development of the 21st century?
The Gulf War catapulted CNN into the big leagues of TV news. Newspapers played a big role in creating public demand for the Spanish-American War.

So... getting some unsettling alerts from AP Mobile.

"North Korea's vice foreign minister tells AP that it will conduct next nuclear test whenever supreme headquarters sees fit. Says situation on Korean Peninsula is in a 'vicious cycle.'"

Oh, but now another one where he goes on to say that "President Trump is making trouble with aggressive tweets."

Now I don't know whether to let go of the sinking pit in my stomach or not.

I mean, as long as we have pledged support from Being, I guess.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
So... getting some unsettling alerts from AP Mobile.

"North Korea's vice foreign minister tells AP that it will conduct next nuclear test whenever supreme headquarters sees fit. Says situation on Korean Peninsula is in a 'vicious cycle.'"

Oh, but now another one where he goes on to say that "President Trump is making trouble with aggressive tweets."

Now I don't know whether to let go of the sinking pit in my stomach or not.

I mean, as long as we have pledged support from Being, I guess.
AP story contains reference to a tweet from Tuesday. No new tweets on the situation. Try and relax yourself. there will be plenty to get worked up over in the future ;)

Pixieking

Banned
Behind closed doors, Trump signs bill allowing states to strip federal family planning funds from abortion providers

President Trump signed legislation Thursday allowing states to withhold federal family planning dollars from clinics that provide abortion services, a move that could deprive Planned Parenthood and several other family groups of tens of millions in funding.

The move marked the 12th time that Trump has signed a resolution under the 1996 Congressional Review Act (CRA) to abolish a rule issued under President Barack Obama. Less than two hours later on Thursday, Trump signed a 13th measure, this one abolishing a Labor Department regulation aimed at expanding retirement savings accounts.

And because he doesn't want to draw attention to taking money away from health providers, or hurting retirement accounts...

Although most of these ceremonies have taken place before the cameras, these two signings were closed to the press.

Alright, NOW is it time to be a bit more afraid of Trump causing a war? There's a thread going on where there's a threat of military action if NK tries to test out a nuclear weapon...

Foffy

Banned
I can't think of a better agency to screw up than Selective Service.

I can't tell if they screw it up for the betterment of people.

I wouldn't be shocked that they put people up for a draft if they're not full-time workers. J-job creation and all of that stupid shit.

tbm24

I can't tell if they screw it up for the betterment of people.

I wouldn't be shocked that they put people up for a draft if they're not full-time workers. J-job creation and all of that stupid shit.
Pretty sure the majority of the population would tell Trump to go fuck himself if he tried to push a draft. Even among his hardcore supporters.

DonShula

Pretty sure the majority of the population would tell Trump to go fuck himself if he tried to push a draft. Even among his hardcore supporters.

I would love to see that rubber meet the road. Fucking keyboard jockey nationalists will turn into hippies the second that happens. America First as long as they don't have to do anything beyond sitting on their fucking asses and judging brown people.

But Trump is helped to much by people like Lord who defend him no matter what. Unlike left commentators.

Commentators on the left are always critical of their own because they don't want to be perceived as biased--even though they regularly are anyway--where as those on the Right wear it like a badge of honor. They stick to their convictions and people just assume they wouldn't say all this batshit stuff unless they firmly believed it and it was true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom