• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Teggy

If they're brown, they're going down.

They're throwing red meat to their xenophobic audience who hates anyone who doesn't burn after being out in the sun more than half an hour.

Like, what if it was a video of a guy getting shot through the head?

"There's nothing that I love more than seeing brains splatter. So patriotic."

I have to think that flip-flopping/the pivot could only hurt him, not help him. His hardcore base isn't going to like it and I'm not sure there are many people that would suddenly start liking Trump for who he is. Maybe some college educated whites, but even then I have to think that Trump is a known quantity and no amount of flip-flopping will ever wash away his racism/sexism.

I have to think that flip-flopping/the pivot could only hurt him, not help him. His hardcore base isn't going to like it and I'm not sure there are many people that would suddenly start liking Trump for who he is. Maybe some college educated whites, but even then I have to think that Trump is a known quantity and no amount of flip-flopping will ever wash away his racism/sexism.
I feel like his numbers are pretty solid now, and that it will take a high-profile event like a bungled response to a crisis*, indictments, or an economic downturn to get his base to really peel off.

*caveat: crisis must affect white people

Wilsongt

Is he just going to retreat there for all 4 years? I thought the Secret Service was running out of money.

BUT OBAMA TOOK SO MANY FUCKING VACATIONS WHEN HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DOING HIS JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!!!!!!!

He's treating the presidency like a CEO would treat a business. Does work during the week, but then goes out to the golf course to shoot the shit and "make deals".

Teggy

The problem is that he doesn't care. There is tons of video of him saying he would never leave the White House. Until maybe his ratings go down because of it he'll do it with no shame, just like every other flip flop and broken promise.

tomi lahren is literally the reason why many of y'all's aunts and uncles believe BLM is lynching cops out on the streets. Her taking a single logical position on abortion deserves 0 sympathy from 0 humans anywhere.

Blaine Carragher
@WSAZBlaine

CONFIRMED @WVGovernor uses real cow dung as a prop to show how he feels about Capitol politics.

C9UHqz4VwAAmHWN.jpg

Jim Justice 4 Prez

this is so gross but lol

1. What was used and who got to place it there.

2. The moisture seeping into the papers, that shit is fresh.

He was vetoing the Republican legislature's budget which included a lot of cuts for things like education.

So he called it "political you-know-what" and obviously the next step is to put literal cow shit on the bill

Man, I figured the unhappy face spam would have tipped at least one of you off that I was being sarcastic. Subtle text humor is hard.

But I guess now I understand what the conservative Gaffers mean when they say they don't like sharing their opinions here because they get dogpiled on. :3

Jim Justice 4 Prez

this is so gross but lol

Dude, eww.

This was an article about British intelligence's role in the Trump/Russia collusion story (there is another thread on it), but it ends with this bombshell, which I think deserves its own thread:

There are now multiple investigations going on in Washington into Trump campaign officials and Russia. They include the FBI-led counter-espionage investigation and probes by both the House and Senate intelligence committees.

One source suggested the official investigation was making progress. “They now have specific concrete and corroborative evidence of collusion,” the source said. “This is between people in the Trump campaign and agents of [Russian] influence relating to the use of hacked material.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/13/british-spies-first-to-spot-trump-team-links-russia

almost_there.gif

bplewis24

Neo Member
Chinese media:

THEY'RE LAUGHING AT US WITH OUR WEAK LEADER, FOLKS!

C9PeUXrXoAUdxGV.jpg

NO SHIT EINSTEIN

Every time I read that quote, I just want to respond to the article/screen, "no, it's not what YOU would think, you idiot!"

I swear the GOP base elected our asinine uncle to be President. The guy who believes every government problem is simple, every issue is binary, every person is either good or evil, and yet can't figure out how to program their fuggin microwave clock.

OmniOne

Was this discussed? This is good to see.

WASHINGTON ― In a spate of local elections last week in Illinois, Democrats picked up seats in places they’ve never won before.

The city of Kankakee elected its first African-American, Democratic mayor. West Deerfield Township will be led entirely by Democrats for the first time. Elgin Township voted for “a complete changeover,” flipping to an all-Democratic board. Normal Township elected Democratic supervisors and trustees to run its board ― the first time in more than 100 years that a single Democrat has held a seat.

“We had a pretty good day,” said Dan Kovats, executive director of the Illinois Democratic County Chairmen’s Association. “We won in areas we normally would win, but we also won in areas Republicans never expected us to be competitive in. They were caught flat-footed.”

These may seem like relatively small victories ― we’re talking about municipal races in towns with tens of thousands of people ― but they fit with a broader pattern that should have Republicans on edge ahead of the 2018 elections: Progressive grassroots activism, exploding with energy since President Donald Trump’s win in November, is fueling Democratic gains in GOP strongholds.

Link

TylerD

Man, I figured the unhappy face spam would have tipped at least one of you off that I was being sarcastic. Subtle text humor is hard.

But I guess now I understand what the conservative Gaffers mean when they say they don't like sharing their opinions here because they get dogpiled on. :3

Dude, eww.

Fuck Tumi Lauren. I thought it was sarcasm but you can never be sure probably making your so "SOOOOOOO" would have helped for those not tipped off by all the sad faces :(

Congressman Investigating Trump Goes to Russia’s Money Laundromat, Cyprus

The House Intelligence Committee sent one of its members to Cyprus this week as part of its ongoing investigation into Russia and the Trump campaign, adding a new twist to the ongoing inquiry.

“Cyprus has a reputation as a laundromat for the Russians who are trying to avoid sanctions,” Rep. Mike Quigley told The Daily Beast. “It was extraordinarily helpful in understanding how the Russians launder money and why.”

The Democratic congressman did not go into detail about what he found during his four-day trip to the Mediterranean country. But publicly available reporting hints at how Cyprus may be tied to the committee’s investigation.

The Trump administration’s Commerce Secretary, Wilbur Ross, was involved in a business deal with a Russian businessman with ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin while he was the vice-chairman of the Bank of Cyprus.

And last month the Associated Press reported that Treasury Department agents obtained bank transaction information involving former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, specifically transactions going through Cyprus, which AP described as “known as a haven for money laundering by Russian billionaires.”

Oh, word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom