• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Fox News’ popular morning show ​Fox & Friends wants its viewers to believe that immigrants live a very easy and carefree life in detention centers.

In a segment that aired Friday morning, Fox News host Brian Kilmeade claimed that immigrant detainees are provided clean sheets, given the chance to soak in the sun with seven hours of outdoor activity, and never have to learn English.

“The party is over for illegal criminals in jail,” Kilmeade said, remarking on the administration’s search for new jail contracts that would need to comply with fewer regulations to ensure immigrant safety. “Get this: They’re enjoying seven hours of outdoor activity. Who gets that anymore? Fresh sheets, and absolutely — I don’t get that. No need to learn English. I was born with that. But the Trump administration vowing a new plan to cut back on perks in their immigration crackdown, saying, expect a far less detailed set of regulations — maybe even dirty sheets — including no translation services, so learn English.”

I wonder if they have fridges, too? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten

Two Opinion Savvy polls in a row where Ossoff falls well short of 50% but lead Handel in a runoff. Suggests round 2 may be quite exciting.

Teggy

Not releasing the White House visitor logs will save $70K by 2020. They actually released that number as if it was supposed to make taxpayers happy. lololololololnothingmatters

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh, Teen Vogue catalogs the ways Ivanka got ripped for tweeting support for libraries while her father's budget cuts all kinds of support for them.

Someone wake me up when the Trump administration actually pushes a policy that she publicly champions. For now, she just keeps doing the same shit as during the campaign. Claiming to endorse policies and institutions that her father either doesn't care about or wants to actively dismantle.

Just talked with a person who referred to Trump as "ideologically fluid."

It's an interesting term to be sure.
More like ideologically vacant.

Edit: Shit, I had the same exact idea of terminology as above and took too long posting!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Teggy

I wonder if they will ever make a tv show that takes place in 2000s Iraq or Afghanistan along the lines of Tour of Duty or China Beach.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
The US could try to take down whatever NK fires once it leaves NK airspace. NK couldn't proceed to attack anyone as a result of that. The US could easily justify their action by saying they have no proof that such tests might not be preemptive attacks.

Splendor

https://www.apnews.com/86626d21ea2b...low&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Politics

Choice Quote from the article: "But a U.S. military official, who requested anonymity to discuss planning, said the U.S. doesn't intend to use military force against North Korea in response to either a nuclear test or a missile launch. The official said plans could change in the unlikely event a North Korean missile targets South Korea, Japan or U.S. territory."

Seems they are sort of staying the course with NK and wanting China to start applying more pressure.

Trump's going to look like such a wuss if he doesn't attack after a weapons test now, though. This is why random threats are significant. Standing back and saying "well, I didn't mean we'd step for China NOW, I just meant eventually" would be hilarious/pathetic.I want to think he's been sat down and actually explained what the situation is over there, but after Syria bombing done on a whim (and to try to impress the Chinese who I guess Trump thought had never seen cruise missiles before) I don't expect any level of restraint any more.

Splendor

Trump's going to look like such a wuss if he doesn't attack after a weapons test now, though. This is why random threats are significant. Standing back and saying "well, I didn't mean we'd step for China NOW, I just meant eventually" would be hilarious/pathetic.I want to think he's been sat down and actually explained what the situation is over there, but after Syria bombing done on a whim (and to try to impress the Chinese who I guess Trump thought had never seen cruise missiles before) I don't expect any level of restraint any more.

I mean you can imagine a scenario where China admonishes tests and Trump claims he negotiated a stronger position on NK in relation to China. His ego can be quenched without war.

Wow, insane that Dems are going into eDay with a voter registration edge. Ossoff campaign did work today.

@Nate_Cohn
The GA-6 in-person early vote is done.
Today: D 35, R 43
Over all: D 41.1, R 40.8 with 54817 votes counted

C9amfT9W0AEfA1O.jpg

@Nate_Cohn
IDK if it will win it for Ossoff. But by our estimates, Clinton would have won ~57% of these voters. It's a very Dem early vote for this CD.

C9anck-XYAAdBpx.jpg:large

@Nate_Cohn
It is possible that Clinton would have done even better if, for ex, the R e.v. is more Dem than demographically identitcal election day R vt

@Nate_Cohn
The good news for Rs: a lot of reliable R vote to come.
The good news for Ds: a lot of irregular voters (at midterm levels in ~20% range)

C9aq0AmXgAACrqh.jpg

EDIT:

Let's assume turnout is at 130k and that Ossoff is getting 57.5% of the EV (a 13% spread). EV is 54,817.

He'd need 65,001 votes to win.

He'd net 31,520 votes from the EV, he needs 33,481 votes to win.

75,183 votes on day of.

He needs 44.5% of the eDay vote to hit that, meaning that it'd be R+11. That's fairly reasonable, given how much of Dekalb hasn't voted and how barely-R the district was day of on eDay (Trump +4/5).

Sianos

I wonder if they have fridges, too? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
"Can you believe it, the brow- I mean 'illegals' get clean sheets after we rounded them up?!"

Totes not racist, tho!

I saw a poll today that showed Trump approval in GA-06 above 50 percent. I don't think the people there want to send him a message.
Meh plenty of people split their tickets because they think it'll provide checks and balances. And the Trump voters aren't the ones motivated to turn out for a special election.

Holmes

GA-06's the kind of district that might approve of Trump more than the national average. It is the wealthiest district in the south, and it's more white than the state on average. Ossoff has a real chance but there are swing voters in this district that probably don't like a Trump but are worried that Ossoff would vote to raise their taxes.

Pixieking

Banned
Did he overturn Obama's rule regarding Title X which is bad, or go from bad to worse by going further than that? I'm not quite sure?

Overturned Obama's rule, as near as I can tell. This piece goes into the details better:

How Title X change could affect family planning in US

Just talked with a person who referred to Trump as "ideologically fluid."

It's an interesting term to be sure.

And yet I'm sure they would scream that Hillary didn't have any constant position or policies. The cognitive dissonance within the GOP/Trump base is appalling and terrifying in equal parts.

GA-06's the kind of district that might approve of Trump more than the national average. It is the wealthiest district in the south, and it's more white than the state on average. Ossoff has a real chance but there are swing voters in this district that probably don't like a Trump but are worried that Ossoff would vote to raise their taxes.
Yeah this.

It'd be kind of funny if Ossoff doesn't do much better than Thompson, though it also wouldn't be funny because then we wouldn't have another House seat. The current strategy of calling him a terrorist won't work though I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom