• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell did the teacher get a Smart Board without having a real projector...

My high school was the same way; smart boards just kinda showed up one day when we still used overhead projectors.

Maybe the tech industry should take some of the money they're using to send iPads to countries that have no use for them, and use that to improve their insane hours and sexual harassment problems.

Long hours are ingrained in tech just like the medical industry but their lack of diversity is absolutely something to tackle.

This is an old attack that the GOP tried when Ossoff first started picking up momentum that ended up being nothing. Are they really trying that again?

"He's not one of us" is a very common tagline in attack ads in GA right now.

All that being said, so much of Suburban Atlanta is transient and non-native that I don't think that line really sticks.

"He's not one of us" is a very common tagline in attack ads in GA right now.

I guess we'll see if it works. Ossoff has been open about the fact that he moved right outside the district to support his girlfriend while she finishes up med school. It's not like he's some carpetbagger from California.

All that being said, so much of Suburban Atlanta is transient and non-native that I don't think that line really sticks.

I was thinking this too. If GA-6 was more rural it might have an effect.

studyguy

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/329245-cruz-democrats-want-a-government-shutdown

Cruz: Dems want a government shutdown

Cruz said that while he "very much" hoped lawmakers could clench a deal, Democrats are under pressure to oppose any agreement. "I will say I’m concerned. I think [Senate Minority Leader] Chuck Schumerand the Democrats want a shutdown," he said, according to the Texas Tribune.

He added that the party's base is currently demanding that Senate Democrats "engage in across-the-board obstruction" to anything proposed by Republicans or President Trump. "And so I do have some concern that to appease the radical left, Chuck Schumer and the Democrats may do everything they can to try to provoke a shutdown," Cruz told Texas reporters.

Also Ted Cruz in 2013 when he shut down the government:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/...gry-gop-colleagues-government-shutdown-097753

“It seems that there is nothing the media likes to cover more than disagreements among Republicans, and apparently some senators are content to fuel those stories with anonymous quotes,” Cruz told POLITICO. “Regardless, my focus — and, I would hope, the focus of the rest of the conference — is on stopping Harry Reid’s shutdown, ensuring that vital government priorities are funded, and preventing the enormous harms that Obamacare is inflicting on millions of Americans.”

Wilsongt

I will forever stand by the fact that sincr 2010, Republicans are held to a completely different standard than Democrats and are allowed to get away with saying and doing anything without consequences.

Republicans only praise Reagan because he was the last Republican president to not be a complete embarassment to the party.

studyguy

http://www.al.com/news/huntsville/i...may_lose_1_electoral_c.html#incart_river_home

Alabama expected to lose an EC vote.
22496131-standard.jpg

Ossoff doesn't live in GA-6.

If this goes to runoff, it's a wrap.

He moved 10 minutes away to live with his girlfriend while she finished Emory medical school.

Do like enjoy doing this to yourself? I'm serious. Like the consistent self flagellation that the sky is falling. Is it like a coping mechanism?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't know if I'd say "it's a wrap." That said, that line of attack could be effective in a runoff. Hopefully people just look past it.

A simple ad could easily counteract that message. Maybe focus on how he needed to support his girlfriend during one of the hardest times of her life or something of a similar nature. Talk about how Americans need to support each other in times of need and tie it to how republicans don't ever do that unless the person is white or rich.

Teggy

He moved 10 minutes away to live with his girlfriend while she finished Emory medical school.

Do like enjoy doing this to yourself? I'm serious. Like the consistent self flagellation that the sky is falling. Is it like a coping mechanism?

Wow, he grew up in the district and moved 10 minutes outside and they are running ads on that? Shameless.

I don't know if I'd say "it's a wrap." That said, that line of attack could be effective in a runoff. Hopefully people just look past it.

A simple ad could easily counteract that message. Maybe focus on how he needed to support his girlfriend during one of the hardest times of her life or something of a similar nature. Talk about how Americans need to support each other in times of need and tie it to how republicans don't ever do that unless the person is white or rich.
Easier than that tbh. Just say "I grew up here," relate a few local folksy anecdotes, then pivot to a positive issue ad. Keep it upbeat, or at least clean.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Easier than that tbh. Just say "I grew up here," relate a few local folksy anecdotes, then pivot to a positive issue ad. Keep it upbeat, or at least clean.

This would work, too, but I guess I'm tired of democrats "keeping it clean." Republicans have attacked viciously for a decade now and control the entire government. It's time to turn the tables. Be honest and ethical, but it's politics. Get on the offense.

This would work, too, but I guess I'm tired of democrats "keeping it clean." Republicans have attacked viciously for a decade now and control the entire government. It's time to turn the tables. Be honest and ethical, but it's politics. Get on the offense.
I don't disagree, but I feel like responding to an attack like that with an attack of your own just empowers the original one. Take a baseball bat to them afterwards, by all means, but defuse the bomb first.

Ogodei

I mean, they should block tax reform regardless.

Unless they figure Trump will never do that so it leads to the same conclusion as blocking tax "reform" any way they can.

I mean, they should block tax reform regardless.

Unless they figure Trump will never do that so it leads to the same conclusion as blocking tax "reform" any way they can.
You have to admit, it does seem like a safe bet.

And besides, there really isn't anything in the language that precludes them blocking tax reform anyway.

Plinko

I don't disagree, but I feel like responding to an attack like that with an attack of your own just empowers the original one. Take a baseball bat to them afterwards, by all means, but defuse the bomb first.

Agreed.

Voter turnout already 50% of the 2016 vote in DeKalb County. Ossoff needs to run up the margins here.

LINK ME TO THIS NEWS. I NEED THIS IN MA VEINS.

Just a reminder that Dekalb: Dem: 251,370, R: 51,468. Of course, the county is not entirely in the district, so.

Wilsongt

At this point, I am not seeing any benefit politically for forcing Trump to release his tax returns. Even if something is there, the GOP congress will do nothing and try to explain everythin away.

All it will do is show the masses how an alleged billionair cheats the system, and how his proposed tax reform plan benefits him even more.

At this point, I am not seeing any benefit politically for forcing Trump to release his tax returns. Even if something is there, the GOP congress will do nothing and try to explain everythin away.

All it will do is show the masses how an alleged billionair cheats the system, and how his proposed tax reform plan benefits him even more.

Well yeah, I think it's clearly the better move for Trump to just release them and move on, but he seems completely unwilling to do so (and I suspect maybe even his kids don't know his full returns) so why not hammer him with an attack he seems unable or unwilling to defuse?

That might be true, that paying a shamefully low rate is all there is. But the fact that he's so reluctant means that it would be personally humiliating to him, which alone makes it worthwhile, I think. And there's always the chance that it reveals Russian ties or that he's just not as rich as he claims, which would also be good.

Wilsongt

That sounds like a political benefit dunnit

Does it, though? Democrats fighting over this will make them seem petty and does nothing to sway moderates to their side or energize people to vote for them.

Democrats should block the tax reform because it's bad, not because Trump won't release his taxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom