• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump is on TV talking about "Buy American, Hire American" which sounds great, but isn't that completely against American capitalism? Big companies are going to try and hire cheap labor for maximum profit for as long as they can. Profit is more important than morality in the workplace.

Trump is on TV talking about "Buy American, Hire American" which sounds great, but isn't that completely against American capitalism? Big companies are going to try and hire cheap labor for maximum profit for as long as they can. Profit is more important than morality in the workplace.

It's almost as if it was designed that way

FyreWulff

It's also impossible to do completely as there are some things the US isn't willing to mine for or make. Like anything with rare earth minerals.

I guess I never really understood how much capitalism can screw over the average Joe. Who knows how long the system will last. Anyway, I hope the guy in Georgia wins tonight!

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I didn't get this in the dumb melania trump instagram analysis thread before it was locked but it's an important take i insist on:

"What's with the assuming Melania is being held against her will or is under the influence of Stockholm Syndrome???"

I don't know, maybe the decades of evidence that Trump is a disgusting sexual assaulter with a penchant for young Eastern European women, beauty pageants, teen beauty pageants where he walks in on underage girls getting dressed, a shockingly creepy visual parade of evidence he has a weird thing for his fucking daughter, and I don't know ... everything?

C'mon folks. This is not a leap.

The post examining poorly framed instagrams is a reach in some places, but the sentiment is well-trod territory and for good reason. It's fucking weird to see how the immensely wealthy live and to normal people it looks like prison.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CNBC Now‏Verified account @CNBCnow

Trump: Mnuchin "is working to put together a tax reform plan to make our industry more competitive" and it's "going to be out very soon"

Benjy Sarlin‏Verified account @BenjySarlin 37m37 minutes ago

Mnuchin just said tax reform is delayed and that passing a bill before fall is "not realistic at this point"

Hilarious. Trump seems like he genuinely is unclear about how bills are actually passed. I think it comes back to the "I'll run it like a business" mentality that so many republicans think would work so well.

Paches

Hilarious. Trump seems like he genuinely is unclear about how bills are actually passed. I think it comes back to the "I'll run it like a business" mentality that so many republicans think would work so well.

Own house, senate, and presidency and we still got a do-nothing congress!

No joke, but the talk about chocolate cake last week made me really want cake.

So I had cake after Easter dinner to satisfy my urge, even if it was just a coincidence my mom bought cake. It was cheese cake flavored cake. Not cheese cake. Cake with cheese cake pieces on it

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
This Trump event is extremely low energy
[Spicer]You would be tired too if you had done more in your first 100 days than most admins in one term. Most consequential President ever. Period. What about CNN illegally giving Clinton debate answers that's the real story[/Spicer]

Edit:
lmao why can't I hold all these Ls?

Just voted in my County clerk special election. My district is a swing area and will probably go Republican as they normally do for local elections.

Accidently misread that as Trump munchkin working on tax reform policy. Didn't question it at first.

kirblar

Privately owned businesses are dictatorships. (This isn't a bad thing w/ businesses.)

kirblar

Uh, yeah it is, unless you think we ought to return to the gilded age where labor rights were non-existent.
In what world do you think a sole owner not getting to make unilateral decisions about their businesses is a good idea? (within laws and regulations, of course.)

Public ownership doesn't do a thing to curb bad business practices,if you hadn't noticed. And in many cases it makes them worse.

In what world do you think a sole owner not getting to make unilateral decisions about their businesses is a good idea? (within laws and regulations, of course.)

Public ownership doesn't do a thing to curb bad business practices,if you hadn't noticed. And in many cases it makes them worse.

i don't believe that a private owner should be able to fire or discriminate against their employees based on gender, race, disability, etc.

I don't believe that a private owner should be able to engage in wage theft and force employees to work unpaid OT.

I don't believe that a private owner should be able to force their staff to endure unsafe and unacceptable work conditions.

Private businesses are not nor should they be dictatorships. There are certain rules management has to follow or face legal consequences. And that's a good thing.

kirblar

i don't believe that a private owner should be able to fire or discriminate against their employees based on gender, race, disability, etc.

I don't believe that a private owner should be able to engage in wage theft and force employees to work unpaid OT.

I don't believe that a private owner should be able to force their staff to endure unsafe and unacceptable work conditions.

Private businesses are not dictatorships. There are certain rules management has to follow or face legal consequences. And that's a good thing.
(within laws and regulations, of course.)
What on earth do you think those words mean, exactly?

They are dictatorships, in that your decisions have no internal checks. Yes, you are bound by external rules, but your management decisions are your own and no one gets to tell you no. This is why they get upset at laws/regulation, because they don't like being told no. That doesn't change the fact that they still have enormous freedom and latitude in decisionmaking.

Crocodile

nothing is going to happen this administration

Unless you are an immigrant without papers (regardless of how few if any other laws you've broken) or your PoC living in a city with a shitty police department or a 5-4 SC decision hurts a progressive agenda or law. Let's hope that's the extent of the damage.

Hindl

Unless you are an immigrant without papers (regardless of how few if any other laws you've broken) or your PoC living in a city with a shitty police department or a 5-4 SC decision hurts a progressive agenda or law. Let's hope that's the extent of the damage.

Which, not to be insensitive, seems pretty par the course for those groups under a generic Republican administration

pigeon

Banned
Which, not to be insensitive, seems pretty par the course for those groups under a generic Republican administration

No, the GOP is generally pretty racist but this is way worse. Trump ran on a platform of doing even more racist stuff than the GOP normally does and that's the policy he is executing.

Independent of policy, let's not forget that they are probably going to bungle responses to crises out of sheer incompetence, so that's an extra layer of suffering they'll be shoveling onto us.

Teggy

Will be interesting if Ossoff doesn't win but total Dem cand percentage beats total Rep percentage.

2nd round will be a circus regardless.

No, not really.

Only 29% of the total votes from DeKalb in 16 were in GA-06.

Probably going to end up with just south of 30k, maybe 30k total, which would be unreal for a special when it was 74k total in 16.

Where did you get this figure?

I see this:

@DeKalbVotes 9m9 minutes ago
Turnout Count Update for Congressional Districts 6:
Total as of 5 pm: 16,295

If this goes to the runoff do the Republicans fly in Rubio to rally the base? Do the Democrats have a good surrogate to shore up the typical Republican voters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom