• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

He clearly already has it.

I was not fucking kidding about putting an age limit on the presidency.

I'm not against it honestly.

But yea. Dude already doesn't get much sleep, and he has a deep sense of paranoia and he needs constant reassurance.

But you know what? Lets say he has it.

I doubt the GOP even cares because he's even more impressionable then.

kirblar

Perreillo is trailing in primary by 15 points per last ppp poll.
Oh wow. https://www.scribd.com/document/345...the-Virginia-Education-Association-April-2017

-Northam has decided advantages with the key Democratic constituencies of both women and African Americans. Among women, Northam has a 20 point advantage at 37/17. With African Americans, he has an even wider 28 point lead at 37/9. Northam is also up 45/21 with seniors, often the most reliable voting group to turn out in a primary election. Northam is ahead with men and white voters as well.

-Voters (77%) say they are much more concerned with having a candidate who emphasizes the need to get things done in Richmond than they are with having a candidate (11%) who emphasizes the need to shake things up in Richmond. This finding is an outgrowth of the near universal high esteem Governor McAuliffe is held in by Democratic primary voters- 77% see him positively to just 5% with a negative view
This breakdown is familiar. (Also, why Clinton really didn't need Kaine on the ticket to take VA.)

But yeah, grain of salt, just one poll, yadda yadda etc.

JP_

Banned
6udjLcf.png

I live in Texas and I guess I see it, but it's still funny to see people comparing it to tx.

The Dems have no real surrogates.

The Bernie riff raff has chased off the Clintons.

It's now a party of Corbynite populists going on "Unite" tours with a guy who is a major divider.

Pretty much most of the Facebook Clinton groups I'm still a part of are upset about articles like this:

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/329224-sanders-on-im-with-her-its-so-phony

Right now, that quote is running like wildfire through the underground Hillary clubs I'm still in. Having Bernie out doing a Unity tour is just riling this fire that Democrats are taking for granted.

Ultimately, it's going to be a choice for Dems. They need to choose which group they are going to side with and be content with the fact that the other group probably won't vote.

Republicans made the same choice years ago when they jettisoned Vermont from being a solid-R state into what it is today.

How about neither. The Clintons are thankfully finished and Sanders isn't a viable 2020 candidate or a democrat.

The goal should be rebuilding the democrat party, focusing on what has worked in the recent past and also bringing in new blood/ideas. Whoever wins in 2020 will do so in a crowded, competitive field, and will almost certainly be a better (and less divisive) candidate than Hillary Clinton. More importantly, whoever wins is going to need the party to rally behind him. I don't think you need a crystal ball to know there will be a campaign of bitterness from Sanders supporters when their man loses again. I think that animosity will be minimized by a charismatic nominee who invalidates the attacks from the far left. Imagine for instance Sanders losing the 08 primary to Obama while painting him as the candidate of Goldman Sachs. No one would have given a fuck. I don't like Cory Booker at all for instance, but I can imagine him being successful despite those attacks coming from the left (or Russia).

How about neither. The Clintons are thankfully finished and Sanders isn't a viable 2020 candidate or a democrat.

I didn't even need to go any further in your post.

This is the problem right here. There were a lot of people who supported Clinton in '08, got back on board with Obama and then got on board with '16. That comment right there is the problem.

It ignores everything that Hillary Clinton did, and by and large, hits a sore spot for many of her female supporters in their groups. That it's "good riddance" that someone who devoted to 30+ years of public service is gone. That it is good riddance that members of the party that many of them have been a part of for years thinks that it's great that the first female candidate is now finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom