• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP_

Banned
Assuming it's not super close, how long do we expect the counting to take to where we can call it? Not gonna ride this rollercoaster.

Teggy

Nunes needs to lose his job and Dems should hold up legislation for it. That situation is outrageous. Susan Rice got dragged through the mud.

DonShula

I didn't even need to go any further in your post.

This is the problem right here. There were a lot of people who supported Clinton in '08, got back on board with Obama and then got on board with '16. That comment right there is the problem.

It ignores everything that Hillary Clinton did, and by and large, hits a sore spot for many of her female supporters in their groups. That it's "good riddance" that someone who devoted to 30+ years of public service is gone. That it is good riddance that members of the party that many of them have been a part of for years thinks that it's great that the first female candidate is now finished.

I'm not going to interpret the "thankfully" but I do see a meaning that isn't simply "GTFO." The party ran her and lost. It's time for someone else to step up. It's obvious a considerable portion of the swing vote isn't ever going to go her way because she's a Clinton, not because she's a woman. It's not crazy to think Biden would have waxed Trump and saved us all this nonsense. Regardless, they need to be looking at who's ready to come off the bench, not worrying about who's offended between Bernie supporters and Clinton supporters.

Gruco

Banned
Nunes needs to lose his job and Dems should hold up legislation for it. That situation is outrageous. Susan Rice got dragged through the mud.

Typical Tuesday for Susan Rice.

But seriously, the abuse the GOP has heaped on her over the years is horrible.

I suppose I knew throughout the course of this adventure that Trump was making things up and that Nunes and the white house were making things up to cover for him, but seeing it all laid out like that is really depressing level of shamelessness. Like, I go through my life basically assuming that elected republicans are awful serial liars who don't care about anything other than covering their own asses, but I also know that's a really cynical attitude and it really sucks to see how frequently the party confirms it for me.

Teggy

Hopium?

Ossoff over 50% in DeKalb's Silver Lake precinct for Election Day votes - 648 of 1284 precinct went 45.47 Trump to 45.38 Clinton #gapol

Also Trump admin put out a press release of quotes in support of today's EO that was literally just from cabinet members.

SexyFish

Banned
@Nate_Cohn 2m2 minutes ago
Turnout is near midterm levels in these DeKalb precincts, which is going to raise the burden even higher on the GOP in Cobb

Gonna be a long night I bet. If we win it in the first round I'll eat a sock happily.

Teggy

Check out @conorsen, he is running around Dekalb getting results and comparing to Hillary. Looks pretty good so far. ( sorry, on mobile)

I refuse to get excited. But...

https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/854491239084949507

@Nate_Cohn
Well, the Election Day vote better be great for the GOP. Because the early vote is simply much better than expected for Ossoff

QUOTE]]

Boke1879

Maybe...people are actually real fucking pissed about Trump. I seriously hope so, he's achieved literally nothing in these 100 days besides run his mouth even with a complete majority in all branches of government.

Like I said I"m not jumping to conclusions.

But that last election. Where we closed the margins really should have been a warning sign regardless.

If we win THIS!? The GOP really need to start thinking about things. Those R's that are in +4-5 districts look very vulnerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom