• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C6fBjx7UwAAf10I.jpg

I'm in love.

Great interview. This is what the Democrats needs. Young, bright stars.

No more old people please.

She's 52.

She's next-gen, but not Kander (35) levels of Next-gen

Valhelm

contribute something
Oh great, LaRouche comes to PoliGAF

Pigeon, I know you and I disagree a lot about foreign policy, but American atrocities during war and peacetime aren't a conspiracy theory.

The United States drops three bombs an hour to preserve our hegemony over the Middle East. US-backed rebels have massacred hundreds of civilians during the war against Assad. In Yemen, we're blasting the country apart at the Saudi's behest, just to keep Iran from getting a friend in the region. Our blockade and bombardment is now creating famine conditions.

Perhaps worst of all, this violence isn't even effective. Bombarding Middle Eastern populations with munitions does not make them love America. Nor does it scare them into complying with Western domination. Instead, the ongoing American intervention leads to radicalism. American aggression isn't just brutal, it's wholly unnecessary.

Cuomo's here today

...but not on good terms. A huge wind storm devastated my area the last few days and he's here to explain the situation and the cleanup.

I wonder if Donny boy will throw us some federal disaster relief.

Piecake

The core of the new era is this: If you want to preserve the market, you have to have a strong state that enables people to thrive in it. If you are pro-market, you have to be pro-state. You can come up with innovative ways to deliver state services, like affordable health care, but you can’t just leave people on their own. The social fabric, the safety net and the human capital sources just aren’t strong enough.

New social crises transform party philosophies. We’re in the middle of a transformation. But to get there we’ve got to live through this final health care debacle first.

Guess who

David Brooks

I rarely read his op-eds, but dang, when did he jump off the Reagan free-market, less government, less regulation bandwagon?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/opinion/the-republican-health-care-crackup.html

C6j_W_5XAAIqMPd.jpg:large

I THOUGHT THE COUNTRY WENT TO HELL AND ITS A TOTAL DISASTER

There are a lot of young prime-aged women and men who haven't come back. The question is are people still going to say the POTUS is predominantly responsible for improved numbers when they're not passing major legislation? Republicans obstructed Obama for years particularly near the end. Nevertheless, Pres. Obama was taking credit for private sector growth and a lot of people were shaking their heads in agreement. Very mystifying to me when you're screaming obstruction to the top of your lungs. In any event, either the GOP helped Obama more than he let on or the economy can get better just by doing virtually nothing.

Motherf**cker... Sean Spicer was just asked about how Trump said the job numbers were fake... He said Trump asked him to quote him like this: "They may have been phony before, but they're very real now."

This is the kind of shit that pisses people off about politics.

*watches the press have a hearty laugh about trump saying the job numbers are real now*

Acosta should have ruffled spicer's hair.

Oh yeah and they all had a big laugh about it too. ��

Owzers

*watches the press have a hearty laugh about trump saying the job numbers are real now*

kirblar

Guess who

David Brooks

I rarely read his op-eds, but dang, when did he jump off the Reagan free-market, less government, less regulation bandwagon?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/10/opinion/the-republican-health-care-crackup.html
Things have shifted. We're back to Urban v Rural, and the urban economy (with its lack of community social safety nets) is one where the need for government safety nets is obvious.

A good quote/metaphor for this from a review of Cowen's new book:

-------------
There are a lot of young prime-aged women and men who haven't come back.
We are seeing actual wage growth the past two years in the bottom percentiles in large part because the labor market has tightened - we're near full employment and it's getting very hard for employers to fill spots.

(I would suspect those drop-outs are in rural areas where there literally aren't jobs, like that town in Alabama that got profiled a few years back which had everyone on Disability.)

Teggy

Mike Memoli‏Verified account
@mikememoli

.@PressSec: I asked @POTUS about BLS data and his past comments. His answer: "They may have been phony in the past, but it’s very real now."

Yeah, I'm just done. This is fucking ridiculous.

Wilsongt

Obama didn't create jobs for nearly 6 1/2 years straight.

Trump created however many jobs Obama did in two months!

#alternatefacts

Apathy

it'[s ridiculous that it was a giant laugh that Trump now accepts the jobs numbers while claiming they were wildly off during the campaign. what a fucking shit stain

jtb

Banned
David Brooks is the conservative Malcolm Gladwell. And he's never been a policy wonk, his only schtick is bemoaning the endless decline of western civilization because we're not "kind" and "tolerant" towards people that hate gays.

The thesis of his column is "Healthcare isn't important to people." Which is just the usual "the status quo was doing just fine until Obama came along" both sides BS. He's clueless.

At least Ross Douthat proposes interesting arguments and has some (relatively) sharp, quirky cultural analysis.

Ogodei

Yeah, definitely not. Not sure there will ever be a candidate as clean as Obama. I still find it remarkable how there was *nothing* on him.

There was totally stuff on him, between Ayers, Alinsky, and Wright. Folks (outside the right wing infosphere) just forget it because Obama was a boss about brushing that stuff off.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Spicer himself and the press literally just laughing at the absurdity of what he was saying. What an absolute joke we've become.

Does this include those who have given up on looking for employment?

It depends on if you look to labor force participation instead of employment-population. The latter is useful because many welfare queens who are not working continue to look for work while using unemployment benefits

Senior staff at the US State Department have been left with “literally nothing to do” under Donald Trump, it has been claimed.

Micah Zenko, a senior fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations think tank, said after giving a talk to an “unusually large audience” at the State Department, a member of the department’s senior executive service admitted the high attendance was because: “We’ve literally nothing else to do.”

The claim has fueled fears that Mr Trump is deliberately sidelining and running down the US equivalent of the Foreign Office, and may prefer increased defence spending and military might over soft power diplomacy.

Mr Zenko’s observation was immediately disputed by one senior State Department Official, Conrad Tribble, Deputy Assistant Secretary at the Bureau of European and Eurasian Affairs, who said having nothing to do was “certainly not my experience today or any day.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...o-sidelined-spending-budget-cut-a7622406.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom