• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man russian hackers are after me. I woke up to find 750 emails in my inbox. Someone signed me up to all these rando websites (most of them Russian) and the emails were from these websites sending me confirmation emails. They signed me up to a bunch of wordpress sites and also a vietnamcupid website.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
But again that's not what that quote says. He literally says in the quote you posted that he agrees with you that it would be immoral.

Also this is what PoliGAF gets me

J7WpCqJ.png
God damnit. I pushed the refresh button in your image TWICE wondering why GAF was redirecting me to Imgur lol

Edit:
As George W Bush once famously said:
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice... why am I looking at gay lumberjack cruises on imgur again?"

If his town halls were any indication, Grassley seems like a more reasonable person than Burr or Nunes or Conaway.
Grassley is sort of an old holdover from the GOP before the 90's but he'll still bow to pressure from the party. I wouldn't really call him much better than the other hacks.

FyreWulff

Dirty white theme users outing themselves ... smh

dark theme users want that authentic geocities 1998 experience. half the time i see dark theme shots i wonder if there's webring images at the bottom of their pages and ff_bahamut.mid playing

(quite literally a shit ton of geocities sites and forums did the orange and white text on black)

pigeon

Banned
Pardon my ignorance, but what does the bolded refer to?

I'd also say "against welfare" is a pretty big simplification.

Bill Clinton ran his entire campaign on being basically a moderate version of a Republican, and that specifically included being in favor of policies Republicans enacted as part of their racist agenda.

That's welfare reform, it's the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, its Sistah Soulja, being tough on crime, etc.

Weaving this stuff into your campaign intrinsically limits your freedom of action in office and also provides a bipartisan confirmation of the Republican narrative.

Bill Clinton ran his entire campaign on being basically a moderate version of a Republican, and that specifically included being in favor of policies Republicans enacted as part of their racist agenda.

That's welfare reform, it's the execution of Ricky Ray Rector, its Sistah Soulja, being tough on crime, etc.

Weaving this stuff into your campaign intrinsically limits your freedom of action in office and also provides a bipartisan confirmation of the Republican narrative.

I think that's a big stretch to "doesn't think POC should have the same rights."

Increasing student aid and universal healthcare aren't exactly moderate Republican positions, either.

Ah, one of the defining reason that Trumpism is dead was because the architect lacked the experience, knowledge, discipline, and skill to do anything.

One of my criticism of people who want to change government; knows nothing about it. Political outsiders are likely not capable of changing much because they don't know what they are doing and they been outside the game.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I find it interesting that once Flynn flipped and wanted immunity in exchange for testimony, the House Committee magically turns it's attention to him.

Ogodei

The Republican narrative was curb-stomping the Democrats at the national level, though. The Mondale reaming is a trauma the party is only now just starting to recover from. Hillary tacking away from Bill's centrism was heartening despite her defeat, as was Obama starting to buck convention in his latter years and say things like Social Security needs to be expanded instead of the old narrative that entitlements need cuts to be saved.

We're turning a corner, but that's because the national electorate is willing to turn with it (since President Trump is only a function of geographic distribution and in defiance of the will of the people).

It's the same thing with people attacking Democrats over their pre-2010 position on LGBT issues. The electorate was fundamentally different back then, and you needed a Democrat to do welfare reform to prevent the GOP from getting welfare reform on *their* terms, which... we've seen what those proposals look like.

Trumpism is dead because it was never a real thing. He's flipped his stances because he has vested interests in maintaining free trade that his nationalist rhetoric would have hurt. Continung down the path his campaign promised would hurt his brand and ability for Kushner to expand hotels in areas including China.

Can you get the dark theme with the mobile site?

Yes. I almost exclusively browse mobile

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
(((Harry Enten)))‏Verified account @ForecasterEnten 4m4 minutes ago

Democrats are in a better position now on the generic ballot than they were in 2006. Or Republicans were in either 2010 or 2014.

This is great news, but I'm curious to know if the increased polarization in our country (not just politically, but voter location) will make things a little different this time.

Not only will Dems not go for this if only because of the level of corporate tax cuts he's proposing, but he's also likely alienating the HFC again by ballooning the deficit further with corporate tax cuts paired with spending for infrastructure.

Which is something other GOP told him to not do.

Pedrito

Spicer trying hard to spin that the Trump transition team and the Trump White House are 2 completely different things that have nothing to do with eachother.

This is great news, but I'm curious to know if the increased polarization in our country (not just politically, but voter location) will make things a little different this time.

Polarization should be more of a factor than '06, but 2014 would have that mostly factored in.

Yes, go into preferences, there should be a setting there

My phone's battery thanks you.

I have a feeling it will.

I also feel Ossoff will lose in runoff, so if he wins I could be wrong.

Even if Ossoff loses (and I really think his odds are better than 50/50) that district was R+23! If we lose that by a point or two, there are a shitload of House Republicans who start sweating.

Polarization should be more of a factor than '06, but 2014 would have that mostly factored in.

My phone's battery thanks you.

Even if Ossoff loses (and I really think his odds are better than 50/50) that district was R+23! If we lose that by a point or two, there are a shitload of House Republicans who start sweating.

Cook Political Report had GA-06 as R+8

One if the fastest shifting districts in the country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom