• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

Of all the wireless devices to hack, *Microwaves* seem like the least good candidates.

By virtue of none of them having a fucking camera.

Right, but depending on how smart your microwave is and whether you've got some kind of profile associated with it, hackers could nab your name, address, phone number, email, etc. then reuse that data to hit you somewhere else.

I don't really know the capabilities of smart microwaves and what kind of data you put into it, but it's the same basic principle of why anyone would want to hack something that doesn't have a camera.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
People think Ryan's plan is supposed to not pass? Lol. They know the negative impacts would happen post-2018, so it will definitely pass because Trump will campaign on him having delivered as promised. Not getting anything through would screw them in 2018.

What potential benefit to life would a smart microwave actually provide making it worth getting?

Seems like a simple appliance that doesn't really require anything fancy to work. Do "smart" microwaves even exist?

gaugebozo

Now I'm more scared that a microwave camera with WiFi was around when the peepee tape was made.

I have a very top level source that found the microwave tape:

ojLLiZN.gif

he's literally stewing in his own juices.

Vixdean

This really seems like the easiest bill ever to rail against as it has no winners except the rich. If you're from a household that makes less than $200k/year (99% of Americans), it's got nothing for you. In fact, it pays for those tax cuts specifically by taking away benefits from the poor and middle class. You can point to the exact language in the bill that does this, there's nothing vague about it.

Do we have any news on that "Restructuring the Executive Branch" EO yet? The fact that it's not come out yet is worrying me.

I read a Tweet that was basically saying it just was about Trump being able to review agencies for cost effectiveness or some bullshit. Kind of weird he'd even need an executive order for that.

Teggy

I guess the question about Obamacare is what happens in 2018 if they are actively not going after fines, hiding open enrollments, and who knows maybe telling their insurance co CEO friends to drop out of the exchanges? The democrats should be interviewing these edge cases that say the law doesn't work for them, find out if they are real, and if so offer up a plan to fix those issues.

Ogodei

I guess the question about Obamacare is what happens in 2018 if they are actively not going after fines, hiding open enrollments, and who knows maybe telling their insurance co CEO friends to drop out of the exchanges? The democrats should be interviewing these edge cases that say the law doesn't work for them, find out if they are real, and if so offer up a plan to fix those issues.

The plan is single payer. That's the only plan Dems should be offering as the counteroffer to AHCA at this point.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Spicer last week: He said what he meant when he said wire tapping. He believes it!
Spicer this week: when he said "wire tapping" he didn't mean """wire""" ""tapping""

Edit:
It's supposedly at 4

is this still a GAf meme or am I just getting old?

Edit 2: god damnit you said AT 4 not A 4. I am getting old I can't read

Games have been pretty good recently
No kidding. So many greats already, between stuff like Yakuza 0, NieR Automata, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. And then there's stuff like Persona 5 about to release and stuff like Super Mario Odyssey to look forward to as well. Can't keep on top of them all and have had to give stuff like Horizon Zero Dawn a pass just because there's so much good stuff out there right now and no time to stay on top of it all. Very good problem to have though~ :D

Owzers

People think Ryan's plan is supposed to not pass? Lol. They know the negative impacts would happen post-2018, so it will definitely pass because Trump will campaign on him having delivered as promised. Not getting anything through would screw them in 2018.
It's like Rubio and McCain complaining about Tillerson, it's just to show you don't agree with something right before you vote for it.

Who is the "they" you're referring to. There are multiple groups at play here with different agendas, which is why it won't pass. You have Ryan and his (limited) allies, Tea Party+Freedom Caucus, and senate republicans. Ryan can't pass it without the Tea Party+Freedom Caucus. Meanwhile enough senate republicans are opposed to the bill to sink it in the senate, if it even reaches the senate (it won't).

Ryan can't compromise with the Tea Party+Freedom caucus because they're demanding a full repeal of Obamacare or no dice. That's political suicide and wouldn't pass the senate.

They're screwed either way. Either they magically pass the bill (which won't happen) and face the wrath of voters in 2018, or they do nothing and face the wrath of voters in 2018...

UberTag

Is there any good news out there? It seems since Trump was elected the entire country has spiraled into a dark pit of sadness and gloom with no hope in sight.
A lot of great video games are being released. We're supposed to be playing those to hide away from the dark pit of sadness and gloom until the sun comes out again.

Maxim726X

It's like Rubio and McCain complaining about Tillerson, it's just to show you don't agree with something right before you vote for it.

Ehh... I think you're vastly underrating the power that more conservative groups have in the house, mainly the Freedom Caucus and other Tea Party coalitions. When the margin is as thin as it is right now, losing a few votes here and there can make the difference.

WOOOOW. Even worse than originally predicted.

You make a thread yet?

CBOppo is droppo

Goddamn, skimming through this antics it is far worse than expected.

Edit:

"...according to CBO and JCT’s estimates, average premiums for single policyholders in the nongroup market would be 15 percent to 20 percent higher than under current law, mainly because the individual mandate penalties would be eliminated, inducing fewer comparatively healthy people to sign up."

WHEW

UberTag

So basically everyone that got insured with ACA, will lose their insurance.
Now the Republicans just have to convince the voters that all of those 24 million are Blacks and Latinos milking the system and taking their wealth and it'll be popular enough to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom