• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxim726X

Tucker is fucking insufferable.

I just wish someone would punch him in the throat.

If you thought his 'conversation' about Planned Parenthood was infuriating last night... Man, just wait until the interview he just had goes up on YouTube.

GrapeApes

Tucker is fucking insufferable.

I just wish someone would punch him in the throat.

If you thought his 'conversation' about Planned Parenthood was infuriating last night... Man, just wait until the interview he just had goes up on YouTube.
The Bill Nye segment is the only Tucker related thing I've seen since Stewart on Crossfire. I think I'll wait another decade before watching anything of his again.

Maxim726X

The Bill Nye segment is the only Tucker related thing I've seen since Stewart on Crossfire. I think I'll wait another decade before watching anything of his again.

How the fuck is he an up and coming personality on that network?

All I see is that asshole in a bow-tie looking for validation. He always has this stupid look on his face and his 'conversations' with guests comprise of sticking to one fucking question and never, ever moving off of it no matter where it goes.

Maybe he just realized 'if I act like an insufferable cunt at all times, maybe I'll becoming a rising star on the network'? It seems to be working.

Makes sense. Heller's about the only GOP Senator to have cause to worry in 2018, unless a Dem landslide happens.
Thankfully that's all we need.

Collins is a very unlikely vote for the GOP, at least for this plan.

Murkowski won't vote for anything that fucks Alaska over. What are they gonna do, primary her in six years so she can win another write-in campaign? No love lost there.

Ogodei

Thankfully that's all we need.

Collins is a very unlikely vote for the GOP, at least for this plan.

Murkowski won't vote for anything that fucks Alaska over. What are they gonna do, primary her in six years so she can win another write-in campaign? No love lost there.

And Rand Paul who's in the "this doesn't strap my boots hard enough" category.

And Rand Paul who's in the "this doesn't strap my boots hard enough" category.

There's probably 1 or 2 more Senators in that category. A lot of Senate Republicans are probably hoping they won't have to vote on this thing. In the House it doesn't matter because the seats are generally so safe--in the Senate all bets are off. They vote for the worst Healthcare Reform in history and odds are the get ousted next election.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There's probably 1 or 2 more Senators in that category. A lot of Senate Republicans are probably hoping they won't have to vote on this thing. In the House it doesn't matter because the seats are generally so safe--in the Senate all bets are off. They vote for the worst Healthcare Reform in history and odds are the get ousted next election.

Yea, after the CBO scoring odds are everyone up for reelection in 2018 is going to try and put as much distance between them and this bill as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they worked behind the scenes to kill it off before it ever got to them.

GrapeApes

How the fuck is he an up and coming personality on that network?

All I see is that asshole in a bow-tie looking for validation. He always has this stupid look on his face and his 'conversations' with guests comprise of sticking to one fucking question and never, ever moving off of it no matter where it goes.

Maybe he just realized 'if I act like an insufferable cunt at all times, maybe I'll becoming a rising star on the network'? It seems to be working.
Not sure how his schtick even works. Seems very unlikable and annoying in every clip I've seen. I can't imagine Fox News viewers even like him on a personal level.

So uh this might be a problem?

77% of nonwhites support voter ID?

Maybe we should stop trying to push against it and instead just try to run on automatic voter registration and mailing people their voter ID when they are registered.

Being against voter ID is one of those things that sounds like you're in favor of cheating. Who wouldn't want to protect The Sanctity of Voting?

I agree, we should co-opt it and make it something that is mandatorily sent to everyone over 18 unless they opt out.

Y'all better check my post history because this has been one of my thoughts for awhile now. We already do S.S. cards, just make a national ID that counts as a voter ID, and send that shit out for free to every American. Then you flip the script from "The GOP is trying to uphold the sanctity of the vote" to "The GOP doesn't want everyone to be able to vote."

And as for a holiday, we should just have an election month. We already pay our taxes over 4 months, why do we need to count ballots in a 12 hour period?

Nelo Ice

Banned
Y'all better check my post history because this has been one of my thoughts for awhile now. We already do S.S. cards, just make a national ID that counts as a voter ID, and send that shit out for free to every American. Then you flip the script from "The GOP is trying to uphold the sanctity of the vote" to "The GOP doesn't want everyone to be able to vote."

Hmm I feel like this is something we should bring up to our Reps. May bring this up to my local indivisible group and see if it can spread.

And as for a holiday, we should just have an election month. We already pay our taxes over 4 months, why do we need to count ballots in a 12 hour period?

The same people who push Voter ID are curiously against a National ID. I think they argue if it were free it would take away revenue from states or some nonsense. Everywhere should just do mail-in like they do in the PNW. I wish Vermont had that system, then i could actually learn about some of these yokels on the ballot...

UberTag

Jeffry Lord is such a piece of shit, I'm so tired of this bullshit.
You should stop watching CNN.
Plenty of better networks out there that don't pay Jeffrey Lord to be a punching bag in the name of "equal time" and impartiality towards a regime that considers them the enemy.

This seems like too sensible of an idea to actually happen.

sphagnum

Banned
The same people who push Voter ID are curiously against a National ID. I think they argue if it were free it would take away revenue from states or some nonsense. Everywhere should just do mail-in like they do in the PNW. I wish Vermont had that system, then i could actually learn about some of these yokels on the ballot...

National ID = mark of the beast

Chumley

Banned
Bannon throwing Ryan under the bus so he can hijack the Republican Party. Bannon's into the whole cultural nationalism thing while Ryan is content with just watching poor people suffer.

It's such a weirdly vindictive thing since we already knew Ryan said this back in October, the only thing new is hearing it in his own words on the call.

Teggy

Maybe I am remembering wrong, but wasn't this quote reported when it happened? All this is is audio of something that we already knew about.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So why is Breitbart doing this now?
From Breitbart
C62QRqjVoAA2Pk7.jpg

The source at the end is either Bannon or Trump, maybe both.

Isn't that what republicans used in their obama antichrist narrative?

If I recall correctly their claim was that Obama was going to make all the white Christians register with the Government much like Hitler did to the Jews, so he could then declare a state of emergency and put them all in FEMA camps which were basically concentration camps.

Holy shit that last quote sounds like it was directly from Trump

Yeaaaaa. Considering this I expect Trump to start backpedaling on the AHCA any day now.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Holy shit that last quote sounds like it was directly from Trump
Yep. But obviously anonymized since "I am the best negotiator on the planet" would sort of give it away.

What's funny is the president could have made a bill, chose not to, advertised that he wouldn't but would give guidance on the house bill, obviously failed to do that well, and now complains that he could have done it better, and in all likelihood it would have been worse. Sad!

What's funny is the president could have made a bill

I severely doubt this President could have written or organized a committee to write a bill. I don't see him as the hands-on Obama or Clinton type where he carefully examines or gives actual input on pieces of legislation. He's more a GWB type where he says an idea and then people hand him bills that do almost nothing that he really wants and he blindly signs them. Or he just issues Executive Orders to get whatever he wants done.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I severely doubt this President could have written or organized a committee to write a bill. I don't see him as the hands-on Obama or Clinton type where he carefully examines or gives actual input on pieces of legislation. He's more a GWB type where he says an idea and then people hand him bills that do almost nothing that he really wants and he blindly signs them. Or he just issues Executive Orders to get whatever he wants done.
by "could have written a bill" I meant "had opportunity to" not "is capable of"

Hopefully the Dems aren't stupid enough to start burning down our fundraising apparatus, and it should be a piece of cake to just raise the funds to pay for these IDs and go from there. It costs dick to laminate a card, especially in bulk, and so just get a few Clooney types to just front the cash. Could probably get a few foundations like the Gates Foundation to pay in a good bit.

But yes, mail in should be a federal requirement.

This seems like too sensible of an idea to actually happen.

Be the change you want to see in the world, man! If we get control, this is a layup. Easy, no fighting required.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
lol nowpolitico is saying trump may push changes to get freedom caucus on board. All those changes involve making more people lose insurance than earlier projected by CBO. How does that remotely help their prospects lol

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
lol nowpolitico is saying trump may push changes to get freedom caucus on board. All those changes involve making more people lose insurance than earlier projected by CBO. How does that remotely help their prospects lol

Maybe they think it's like one of those things where if you go all the away over to one side, you end up on the other side. Keep pushing until no one has healthcare, and then everyone will have healthcare.

Tall4Life

Trump is a MASTER NEGOTIATOR, what are you talking about you traitor! /s

fake edit: incidentally my computer BSOD'd while I was typing this, I think DT is already after me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom