• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT2| Well, maybe McMaster isn't a traitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rachel Maddow MSNBC‏Verified account @maddow 1m1 minute ago

BREAKING: We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.

(Seriously).

What?

RDreamer

(Seriously).

What?

Came here to see what you guys were saying about this. Seems like an odd thing for her to troll her viewers with.

aTTckr

(Seriously).

What?

One thing I never understood about the use of him releasing his tax returns is what was supposed to be so bad them. Yeah he's probably not as rich as he claims, but for the folks who think there will be some incriminating stuff about his russia connection in there, do they really think he would truthfully declare something that basically amounts to treason in his tax returns?

RDreamer

One thing I never understood about the use of him releasing his tax returns is what was supposed to be so bad them. Yeah he's probably not as rich as he claims, but for the folks who think there will be some incriminating stuff about his russia connection in there, do they really think he would truthfully declare something that basically amounts to treason in his tax returns?

Having Russian business connections isn't treason nor is it against the law. I don't think anyone's expecting him to declare unlawful things. The problematic portion of his tax returns are possible conflicts of interest he might have plus the fact that he unequivocally stated he has NO business ties to Russia.

Who gets that and gives it to Maddow over WaPo or NYT or literally anyone else?

I dunno, but she did get an exclusive DHS intel doc the other day.

Bear in mind he'd have filed them in like April, at the latest. Nothing in his 2015 returns would have been "treason," just electorally disastrous.

(I mean, unless he's financing ISIS or something, but yeah).

No but he could include Russian assets on his returns, which would contradict his public statements.

Gruco

Banned
It's so surprising that people that literally spend eight hours a day interacting with the people who populate Twitch chat are turning out to be crazy alt-righters!
Who could have imagined that the communities responsible for gamergate could have been of little shits.

(Seriously).

What?

WTF. And I was already set to watch the GOP squirm on Obamacare for the rest of the week.

Bishman

Who gets that and gives it to Maddow over WaPo or NYT or literally anyone else?

Now Elizabeth Warren is saying to tune in tonight. (Different from Maddow... Chris Hayes)

MSNBC is going all in tonight.

C65ueTzWcAARTol.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
It's a really weird thing for Maddow to get. Would've thought it would go to a paper.

There's gotta be something weird about it.

RDreamer

Lawrence O'Donnell
@Lawrence:
Yes seriously! I will be watching, then Rachel will join @TheLastWord at 10pm. This is the night we've been waiting for.

It's a really weird thing for Maddow to get. Would've thought it would go to a paper.

Romney's tape went to Motherjones. If someone's brave enough to leak this stuff they're probably also a Maddow fan or something.

teiresias

I love Maddow, but what source worth a damn gives the returns to her of all people? Hopefully we're not about to see another Dan Rather Bush-style embarrassment.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

They've gotten exclusives on gov docs before, not a huge stretch for me.

I'm mostly just wondering which year these tax returns are from.

I have no idea what exactly Maddow has, but no, it wouldn't immediately be announced and released and no, it's not necessarily a nothingburger if it's teased an hour ahead of time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I love Maddow, but what source worth a damn gives the returns to her of all people? Hopefully we're not about to see another Dan Rather Bush-style embarrassment.

Why does it have to be those organizations, though? Maddow probably has a lot of friends/connections in government. And she's not exactly a no-name blogger or something.

Bishman

Jonah Keri
@jonahkeri
When Trump tunes into MSNBC & sees his tax returns discussed on live TV, do you think he'll be...

...maddow online?
twitter.com/maddow/status/…

Rachel Maddow MSNBC @maddow

(Seriously).

Gruco

Banned

Skepticism warranted for this reason.

Not celebrating yet, but I am curious and will pay attention tonight....

jtb

Banned
The Times tax returns didn't seem to resonate as much as everyone thought they would. Skeptical that this will move the needle.

Also, am I wrong for thinking that Ryancare is a much more potent political weapon at the moment? I'm almost disappointed that we'll be distracted from that for a news cycle or two.

Tamanon

Banned
The Times tax returns didn't seem to resonate as much as everyone thought they would. Skeptical that this will move the needle.

Also, am I wrong for thinking that Ryancare is a much more potent political weapon at the moment? I'm almost disappointed that we'll be distracted from that for a news cycle or two.

Ryancare is going to be quietly taken out back and buried soon, anyways.

Why wouldn't someone leak it to Maddow. She's been going in hardest on the story and if big will be in the papers anyway

But maybe I just love Maddow and don't want her to look like a fool

They have something very suggestive but very incomplete, I'd guess.

Edit: "something to do with Donald trump's taxes" according to Chris Hayes

I'm leaving the door to the happening bunker unlocked

Davide

How likely or unlikely is this to be true?

EDIT: Appears to be blocked, it's a story about Obama used British intelligience to spy on Trump. I'd think not but slightly worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom