• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
BREAKING: Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Palestinian leadership will freeze contacts with Israel on all levels.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/888479958095589376

Fucking Jared you had many jobs.

lol this was supposed to be their ticket out of the Russia scandal

The view in Kushner’s orbit is that the brutal new revelations are more P.R. problems than legal problems. And if he makes progress with his Middle East peace efforts, perceptions would be very different.

Jefferson Beauregard has such a conundrum. How would you like to try to enact your white supremacist fantasies only to have your stupid boss undermine you at every turn?

kirblar

The consulting firm being raided doesn't even make one mention of Russia in your own link you posted.

Is it backseat modding to ask someone to back up their claims with some facts?
Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. There is no longer daylight between the two.

If you don't understand the implications of that, that's on you.

Jefferson Beauregard has such a conundrum. How would you like to try to enact your white supremacist fantasies only to have your stupid boss undermine you at every turn?
It's like Dilbert but if the creator injected his actual beliefs into the strip instead of hoodwinking readers into thinking he's liberal.

Matt Pearce‏Verified account
@mattdpearce

Scaramucci has previously donated to Hillary Clinton, Harry Reid and Barack Obama.
Matt Pearce‏Verified account
@mattdpearce

Matt Pearce Retweeted infowars
Spicer was literally replaced by a Hillary Clinton donor

From Matt Pearce, an LA Times writer.

If Scaramucci has also donated to ~~~PELOSI~~~, he'll be in some deep shit.

FyreWulff

Something about Scaramucci's face feels very wrong to my lizard brain. I don't like looking at it

4593091_std.jpg

You mean to tell me the boss' most preferred people are those with no political alignment to the Republican apparatus and a naked lust for unquestioned influence and power?

But nobody should really care, same performance for an audience of one. Lucky that more things are scheduled for next week, because I don't trust the news to stay focused with this Shocking Shakeup dangled in their faces.

This whole episode has echoes of the time that Trump forced the House to pass the health care bill so he could get a win. Nobody besides Trump wanted Scarmucci, but Trump wanted him because he looks the part and will kiss ass - basically, so he could get another win.

He fails to realize that the last six months would've gone much better if he'd just been a figurehead president and let Pence/Priebus/Ryan/McConnell/even Bannon sometimes call the shots.

Zolo

This whole episode has echoes of the time that Trump forced the House to pass the health care bill so he could get a win. Nobody besides Trump wanted Scarmucci, but Trump wanted him because he looks the part and will kiss ass - basically, so he could get another win.

He fails to realize that the last six months would've gone much better if he'd just been a figurehead president and let Pence/Priebus/Ryan/McConnell/even Bannon sometimes call the shots.

I don't see the Kush in there.

Estimates on how long Jefferson Beauregard lasts?

This story about the Al Qaeda terrorist being brought here for trial marks the second time in a week that Trump has openly criticized and undercut his own Attorney General.

Or is the potential to fuck black people enough to make Sessions take Trump's shit indefinitely?

EDIT: Reince, you in danger, girl.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Probably got overlooked today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/susan-rice-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

Burr did not raise concerns about allegations that Rice improperly unmasked any US individuals, an issue first raised by House intelligence committee Chairman Devin Nunes.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I'll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened," Burr said. "But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it's not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it."

Good thing Sarah Huckabee Slanders will still be on camera.

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump upgraded and had this guy do the TV briefings while Sanders does the non-televised ones, but this guy coordinating all the White House communications could be a boon to Trump if his understanding of media is as smooth as his public persona.

Reince is obviously a disaster, so why not this guy? What does Trump really have to lose?

Wouldn't surprise me if Trump upgraded and had this guy do the TV briefings while Sanders does the non-televised ones, but this guy coordinating all the White House communications could be a boon to Trump if his understanding of media is as smooth as his public persona.

Spicer quit, and Bannon might, because he thinks Scarmucci will do a piss-poor job of media coordination.

EDIT: As with the sanctions, I could see the Senate easily re-authorizing the independent counsel statue, but it might be a bit of a hurdle in the House.

Probably got overlooked today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/susan-rice-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

Burr did not raise concerns about allegations that Rice improperly unmasked any US individuals, an issue first raised by House intelligence committee Chairman Devin Nunes.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I'll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened," Burr said. "But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it's not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it."

This shouldn't be overlooked. If we want any hope for Mueller to continue his investigation for Congress should Trump remove him as an agent of the DOJ, Burr is that hope.

Spicer quit, and Bannon might, because he thinks Scarmucci will do a piss-poor job of media coordination.

Even better!

Bannon won't quit, there's nothing for him virtually anywhere other than going back to a website that likely hit its peak and is more than likely going to hemorrhage readership as Trump, just by being his clownish self, does more and more to discredit its worldview for those who might be vulnerable to buying into it.

A person doesn't get that good at ass-kissing without needing to learn it. The dude's nickname is Mooch, there is no reason to have confidence in his ability to actually do anything of substance.

tuxfool

Banned
Reince is obviously a disaster, so why not this guy? What does Trump really have to lose?

Because chief of staff isn't a sexy position. It is a sausage making position and requires one to have extensive political contacts. A well spoken douchebag off the street isn't going to succeed. For as crappy Reince is, he is a tool
in all senses of the word
and a more capable president would be able to use him much more effectively. Trump is a moron who seemingly doesn't know how to put appropriate people to do the tasks they're capable of.

Because chief of staff isn't a sexy position. It is a sausage making position and requires one to have extensive political contacts. A well spoken douchebag off the street isn't going to succeed.

Give him time to build such a network (he's being "groomed" after all), and I'd bet he would become at least as competent as Reince. Trump prob relates to someone like him a hell of a lot better than he relates to Washington types.

kirblar

Give him time to build such a network (he's being "groomed" after all), and I'd bet he would become at least as competent as Reince. Trump prob relates to someone like him a hell of a lot better than he relates to Washington types.
Pretty clear one of the reason people internally are pissed is that Scaramucci clearly isn't a conservative and if he's being groomed for CoS it means there's a good chance of a center pivot. (I have no idea if that would even be a good thing considering that a gridlocked GOP is probably a best case scenario for a number of issues?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom