• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT4| The leaks are coming from inside the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably got overlooked today.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/susan-rice-senate-intelligence-committee/index.html

Burr did not raise concerns about allegations that Rice improperly unmasked any US individuals, an issue first raised by House intelligence committee Chairman Devin Nunes.
"The unmasking thing was all created by Devin Nunes, and I'll wait to go through our full evaluation to see if there was anything improper that happened," Burr said. "But clearly there were individuals unmasked. Some of that became public which it's not supposed to, and our business is to understand that, and explain it."

It got posted and I replied with Hamilton lyrics. But given all that's going on today, not surprising it got overlooked. As the person who posted it said, seems like Burr can see where this is headed and is backing off the distractions.

tuxfool

Banned
Give him time to build such a network (he's being "groomed" after all), and I'd bet he would become at least as competent as Reince. Trump prob relates to someone like him a hell of a lot better than he relates to Washington types.

And then who interfaces with the Washington-types? You're forgetting that Reince is in that position purely for that job. If you're going to get a Trump groupie, speaking to washington-types as Trump's voice you're effectively not going to get good results. The problem is Trump, getting an echo isn't going to fix the fundamental problems the WH has.

Personally, I'm all for that trainwreck.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
It got posted and I replied with Hamilton lyrics. But given all that's going on today, not surprising it got overlooked. As the person who posted it said, seems like Burr can see where this is headed and is backing off the distractions.

Helps it is a GOP member basically saying Nunes fucked up but we are back on track.

royalan

Well then, fuck Brian for posting that dumb shit.

Who actually gets the job doesn't matter because their job will be putting lipstick on rotting, stinking pig.

And if that's obvious to us, it should be obvious to the people who get paid to report this shit.

The MM loves establishing a false equivalence. This appointment gives them the chance to try again.

See also: that dumb fucking thread in OT on government meddling on the part of the U.S. by CNN

20248517_1547733665296782_5314916073410927771_o.jpg

Ernest

Banned
I wonder if Trump knew about his past statements, or if he got conned by another con artist

Or Russia
As with all things Trump, the explanation is simple: Scaramucci is friends with Kushner. Don't look any deeper than that. The more shit falls apart for Trump, the more he's isolating himself with just his family. Partly that's because he doesn't trust anyone else, and partly that's because nobody unrelated to him wants to be perceived as close to him. So when it comes time for a new Communications Director, he goes with Kushner's guy rather than someone Bannon or Priebus can work with.

So do they only sound the Kellyanne alarm when REALLY bad news comes out? After the Bowling Green Massacre and the microwaves episode, they seem to keep her locked away most of the time. I don't know why the networks keep inviting her, even though it's less frequent now.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/the...s-at-republicans-afraid-to-stand-up-to-trump/

A wealthy and generous donor to the Republican Party has revealed that he is furious with the cowardice of his party’s federal officials.

“All the Republicans who hide behind the flag and hide the church, they don’t have the f*cking balls to do what it takes,” Florida billionaire Mike Fernandez told Politico via telephone.

In 2016, Fernandez spent a hefty $3.5 million on ads attacking President Donald Trump, $3 million of which went to Jeb Bush’s campaign. But now he’s taking issue with the rest of the Republicans in the party.

“I am out of the political process,” he told Politico, explaining that he was leaving the party. “Too disgusted, too expensive, too supportive of ego maniacs whose words have the value of quicksand,” he responded to one GOP fundraiser, who sent out an email solicitation.

“It is demoralizing to me to see adults worshipping a false idol. I can’t continue to write checks for anyone,” he continued, blasting his own party’s members. “I know what it’s like to lose a country.”

He continued, blasting Trump as “abortion of a human being” and went on to say that had he known what the president would become he would have worked as a doctor to make sure Trump was never born. Fernandez is a doctor and chairs MBF Healthcare Partners.

He also goes in on Rick Scott, calling him "emotionless" and saying he is for nothing but "self-advancement."

Trump is now the leader of the Republican Party. There is no longer daylight between the two.

If you don't understand the implications of that, that's on you.

Obviously their "profiles in courage" have been a joke but the Senate just passed a Russia sanction bill with 98 votes, despite the wishes of Trump. There's clearly daylight between what many GOP members of Congress think what should be done with Russia and what Trump wants.

Mully

It's incredible how persuasive Fox News is to its viewers. Sean Spicer isn't a good ole boy of the administration anymore, he's the reason why the Trump Administration has failed.

I didn't see or hear Fox News today, but I overheard a number of conversations from Fox's key demographic at the bar today that were exclusively about how much of a failure and crazy person Sean Spicer is. Even though just months ago Spicer was hailed as a hero of the right.

Random Human

They were trying to grab your prize. They work for the mercenary. The masked man.
Bannon being unhappy and quitting would be amazing. Not only is he one of the most evil people in the WH, but if Trump loses the alt right dipshit crowd he's definitely dropping under 30 approval.

Zolo

It's incredible how persuasive Fox News is to its viewers. Sean Spicer isn't a good ole boy of the administration anymore, he's the reason why the Trump Administration has failed.

I didn't see or hear Fox News today, but I overheard a number of conversations from Fox's key demographic at the bar today that were exclusively about how much of a failure and crazy person Sean Spicer is. Even though just months ago Spicer was hailed as a hero of the right.

The viewers do most of the work. They go there looking for that type of info to feel validated.

Kevinroc

https://twitter.com/ASlavitt/status/888497527640776705

1- Anyone who believes the Trumpcare vote next week is nothing to worry about are completely wrong.

2- The Administration is moving rapidly on a number of fronts, but the bottom line...

3- The Trumpcare plan is to ask Senators to vote on something without knowing what it is, not scored, dropped in at the last minute.

4- They are willing 2 make deals, promises & payoffs plus political threats but no matter what are cutting $1 trillion from low income care.

5- Step 1 for them is just to have Senators agree on a motion to proceed. But proceed to what? They won't answer. Here's why.

6- Some Senators only want to vote on a FULL repeal, some only on BCRA. And they wouldn't vote for MTP on the other.

7- Trumpcare is beyond a secretive process. This is a dishonest one. It's even worse than this.

DFSYU5aVoAAcGIk.jpg

8- There are rumors about virtually every R Senator being lured to vote yes on MTP.

Do not be comforted by statements until the vote.

9- If there are 50 votes on MTP, then it's unclear what the first amendment to the House bill is. Which is why Senators shouldn't allow it.

10- The Trumpcare MTP vote could be Tuesday or could be delayed it if they're still working on it and think they're close.

11- Here's what is certain: amendments will not be scored by CBO and a King of the Hill amendment could come at the very end. This means...

12- The Senate could still pass Trumpcare. But if it happens, no one will have read it, scored it, or had much warning of what's in it.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
The senate could still compel Jr to testify with a subpoena even if he is pardoned. They could also hold him in contempt if he still ignored (which he would need another pardon for I guess lol).

Wouldn't a pardon not cover someone having to go testify to Congress? It's just testimony. And of course he could go for The Fifth™ there. A pardon in this context would only be necessary if he went to congress and knowingly implicated himself to such an extent that charges could be brought against him based solely on what he says to the Senate; That sounds downright silly.
The senate could still compel Jr to testify with a subpoena even if he is pardoned. They could also hold him in contempt if he still ignored (which he would need another pardon for I guess lol).
I don't think contempt of congress ends in criminal charges, and, again, he could easily show up and pull a fif.gif for a few hours just to technically comply.

Nah. Still no McCain vote, still no Collins vote, and a couple others - it's not going anywhere any time soon.
If Moran and Lee do an about-face, then I'll be worried. Paul left the door open to vote on MTP but set up a ridiculous criteria for the GOP to earn that so I suspect he's still out.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wouldn't a pardon not cover someone having to go testify to Congress? It's just testimony. And of course he could go for The Fifth™ there. A pardon in this context would only be necessary if he went to congress and knowingly implicated himself to such an extent that charges could be brought against him based solely on what he says to the Senate; That sounds downright silly.
I don't think contempt of congress ends in criminal charges, and, again, he could easily show up and pull a fif.gif for a few hours just to technically comply.
Can you invoke the fifth for other people though? the questions aren't just about Jr "did your dad know about the meeting" has nothing to do with his self incrimination

Also can you invoke the fifth for a statement that incriminates yourself on a crime you are already pardoned for lol

Oh boy. Wonder which provisions.

http://email.capitolenews.com/q/WZkSoe_EyHCP1BNW7knvBiRUAnYwmcViwpDVc8Y8-x6jujxQS29gShFeO

BURLINGTON, Vt., July 21 – The Senate parliamentarian determined Friday that certain provisions of the Republican “Better Care Reconciliation Act,” released on June 26, are impermissible under Senate reconciliation rules. Should the Senate proceed to the bill, these provisions may be struck from the legislation absent 60 votes.

"The parliamentarian’s decision today proves once again that the process Republicans have undertaken to repeal the Affordable Care Act and throw 22 million Americans off of health insurance is a disaster," Sen. Bernie Sanders, the ranking member on the Senate Budget Committee, said.

"It is absurd to believe that you can pass legislation which impacts one-sixth of the American economy, over $3 trillion a year and affects the lives of every person in our country, without one public hearing or open debate. How do you pass a 'health care' bill without hearing from doctors, nurses, hospital administrators or health care economists? How do you pass 'health care' legislation behind closed doors without any input from Democrats? It is time for the Republican leadership to junk this bill and work with the American people on legislation which improves the Affordable Care Act, not destroys it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom