• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

What's more likely to happen: I can walk into a store Friday and buy a SNES mini right off the shelf without a pre-order, or Graham-Cassidy passes?

o5yIXk4.gif

The greatest irony is had the GOP played by the rules they would have won by now. But just like Dick Dastardly, they can't help themselves. Just before the finish line, miles ahead of their nearest competitor, they have to stop to cheat.

A party of dastardly dicks.

The greatest irony is had the GOP played by the rules they would have won by now. But just like Dick Dastardly, they can't help themselves. Just before the finish line, miles ahead of their nearest competitor, they have to stop to cheat.

A party of dastardly dicks.

I remember when McConnell was a master strategist and his plan of building and passing a bill in one month with no debate or input was a genius move that was certainly going to swiftly end the ACA.

Do they, though? Unless by constituents you mean a few rich guys.

Polls show that as unpopular as the GOP repeal efforts have been, an overwhelming majority of Republicans still oppose the ACA and favor repeal. Even G-C had much more support than opposition among Rs. Support > "Don't Know" > Opposition.

Edit:

Among Rs

ACA Approval: 24% (67% disapprove, 9% not sure)
Generic Repeal Approval: 64% (34% keep and fix)
Graham-Cassidy Approval: 47% (32% not sure, just 21% disapprove)
If member of congress voted for G-C: 23% less likely to support, 38% more likely, 28% no difference, 11% not sure

PPPPPHhhplllllllttt
I wonder how quickly that guy can put a gun together.

I remember when McConnell was a master strategist and his plan of building and passing a bill in one month with no debate or input was a genius move that was certainly going to swiftly end the ACA.
All the touted intellectuals in the Republican Party invariably turn out to be fucking morons who got lucky.

studyguy

mfw we have a literal humanitarian disaster in PR and the president is still fucking tweeting about football. My god what the fuck dude this is beyond horrendous.
I don't care if you hate brown people and shit dude, like these are still Americans languishing in droves. Not a fucking peep so far.

chadskin

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort is “in an amazingly good mood” and is still “entirely loyal” to the president, despite having been informed by special counsel Robert Mueller that he will be indicted, according to his former business partner Roger Stone.

Manafort “does not want to go down in history as John Dean,” Stone said Monday, referring to the former White House lawyer who revealed Richard Nixon’s involvement in the cover-up of Watergate to federal prosecutors and Congress. “And—and I don’t think he will.”
https://www.yahoo.com/news/roger-st...good-despite-coming-indictment-223127822.html

Zolo

Is the Kelly thing like the military equivalent of "my black friend says I can say it"?

Do we know if Murkowski is stupid enough to fall for the new "Go go Alaska" Bill yet?

Teggy

CNN didn’t say he opposed the stance, he opposed making it an issue/tweeting. Just like the issue itself (flag vs. police), he just twists it and often gets away with it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I just heard about trump and usfl...

I never heard of this so i googled and found it was a failed leauge and trump was a team owner

I just heard about trump and usfl...

I never heard of this so i googled and found it was a failed leauge and trump was a team owner

Yeah many of the same NFL owners that wanted nothing do with Trump then donated to his campaign to lead the entire US, and are being extremely tepid in their response to this latest issue. At least some of them.

FyreWulff

New GOP plan for Dreamers.

tl;dr: At minimum don't get sick, accused of any crime, have any problems that require financial aid, or anything else for at least ten years. That's on top of however long you've already been here.

mfw my friend whose been here since we were toddlers and works as an engineer for a military base would still have to wait 10 more years. smh

wat

So Trump's behavior just tells me he's an absolute loose cannon. If (very big if) war erupts with NK, what checks are in place to basically stopping him from going "Let's keep launching nukes until they give up?" Or from him just giving orders to launch nukes in general?

Zolo

So Trump's behavior just tells me he's an absolute loose cannon. If (very big if) war erupts with NK, what checks are in place to basically stopping him from going "Let's keep launching nukes until they give up?" Or from him just giving orders to launch nukes in general?

A military coup?

Pixieking

Banned
A military coup?

I've been wondering about this myself. Is refusal to follow orders you know will lead to large-scale civilian casualties a coup? Is refusal to drop The Bomb a coup? Kelly, Mattis, and the high-ranking generals are smart enough to know what the right military play is - would they be willing to take part in what is obviously the wrong move?

JettDash

Nothing. He has sole control of the nukes.

At best, maybe Mattis would refuse and have try to have the 25th amendment used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom