• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj1108

vqsv3i7fzu-nk_eq2zel9g.gif

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Fragamemnon said:
They cooked their LV weightings to reflect an America that would be more likely to self-identify as Republicans today than they were in 2004. Garbage poll.

WHY?!?!

Joe

i don't care if he's up 20 points, let's not forget he's a black man running for president in america. i won't be happy or excited until he actually wins it.

Rur0ni

Barack Obama holds an 11-point lead over John McCain in the latest Gallup Poll Daily tracking report, 52% to 41%. This is the Obama’s highest level of support to date, and also represents his largest lead of the campaign.

Obamaton!

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Reading the Corner is pretty hilarious. Its made up of 80% delusions and 20% "What the fuck are you guys talking about? We lost big time". Awesome

grandjedi6 said:
Reading the Corner is pretty hilarious. Its made up of 80% delusions and 20% "What the fuck are you guys talking about? We lost big time". Awesome

The Corner is an IV of pure schadenfreude today.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Joe said:
i don't care if he's up 20 points, let's not forget he's a black man running for president in america. i won't be happy or excited until he actually wins it.

Word. Though I am still excited.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
The way he ends these speeches ("If you stand with me....") reminds me of when wrestlers yell their catchphrases at the end of a promo.

So much so that my office actually yells along with the feed every time its on. It fucking rules.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Joe said:

Word. I don't want to get my hopes up too high, so I dont kill myself if the unexpected happens.

syllogism

Obama is probably up by 6-7 points, all Gallup suggests is that there is no reason to worry about the other trackers showing movement to the other direction

e: market in green after Obama speech, heh

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Evlar said:
So... What's left? Anyone interested in speculation on Obama's cabinet appointments?

Warren Buffett for Secretary of Treasury.

Jimmy Buffett for Secretary of Margaritas.

Fatalah

Hey guys, where's that crazy psychedelic video of McCain saying ehh ehh? The one with the screen flipping upside down and stuff.

Evlar said:
So... What's left? Anyone interested in speculation on Obama's cabinet appointments?

Current office holder in ():

Secretary of State (Condoleezza Rice)
Secretary of the Treasury (Henry Paulson)
Secretary of Defense (Robert Gates)
Attorney General (Michael Mukasey)
Secretary of the Interior (Dirk Kempthorne)
Secretary of Agriculture (Edward Schafer)
Secretary of Commerce (Carlos Gutierrez)
Secretary of Labor (Elaine Chao)
Secretary of Health and Human Services (Michael Leavitt)
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Steve Preston)
Secretary of Transportation (Mary Peters)
Secretary of Energy (Samuel Bodman)
Secretary of EducationMargaret Spellings
Secretary of Veterans Affairs (James Peake)
Secretary of Homeland Security (Michael Chertoff)

Vice President of the United States (Richard Cheney)
White House Chief of Staff (Joshua Bolten)
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (Stephen Johnson)
Director of the Office of Management and Budget (Jim Nussle)
Director of the National Drug Control Policy (John Walters)
United States Trade Representative (Susan Schwab)

Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Ben Bernanke)
Commissioner of the Social Security Administration (Michael Astrue)
Director of National Intelligence (Mike McConnell)

Have at it, GAF.

Evlar

Banned
CharlieDigital said:
Current office holder in ():

Secretary of State (Condoleezza Rice)
Secretary of the Treasury (Henry Paulson)
Secretary of Defense (Robert Gates)
Attorney General (Michael Mukasey)
Secretary of the Interior (Dirk Kempthorne)
Secretary of Agriculture (Edward Schafer)
Secretary of Commerce (Carlos Gutierrez)
Secretary of Labor (Elaine Chao)
Secretary of Health and Human Services (Michael Leavitt)
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Steve Preston)
Secretary of Transportation (Mary Peters)
Secretary of Energy (Samuel Bodman)
Secretary of EducationMargaret Spellings
Secretary of Veterans Affairs (James Peake)
Secretary of Homeland Security (Michael Chertoff)

Vice President of the United States (Richard Cheney )
White House Chief of Staff (Joshua Bolten)
Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (Stephen Johnson)
Director of the Office of Management and Budget (Jim Nussle)
Director of the National Drug Control Policy (John Walters)
United States Trade Representative (Susan Schwab)

Chairman, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Ben Bernanke)
Commissioner of the Social Security Administration (Michael Astrue)
Director of National Intelligence (Mike McConnell)
We should have a GAF pool. Whoever guesses the most appointments correctly prior to the election wins a tag.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Joe said:
You're living in the past man

scorcho said:
1. (Mortgage) Resurgance Plan - McCain's second straight 'wtf' policy plan introduced during a debate. He's right in that at the core, the genesis of the crisis is based on the sharp decline in housing assets and that arresting this decline will likely stabilize the freefall. The problem for me is this - stabilizing these prices essentially resets the bubble and sets it in stone - leaving current housing prices still well above historical levels. When considering a decade in stagnant working-class wages, this isn't a good option. They need to fall more.

In some markets they are reaching a point where the values are getting pretty reasonable, even by historical points. Given the current credit situation, I would wager that it won't be long before we get to a 2.5-3x median household income pricing.

One thing about McCain's plan is that it, not suprisingly, lets the reckless lender off scot-free and the taxpayer eats all of the losses. I call McCain's plan a moral hazard to the market for that reason-at some point, both the purchaser of the home and the mortgage holder both need to be held somewhat accountable for the situation.

Barrett2

So the question is, will McCain drop the negative stuff? Where do they turn from here, do they turn the page back to the economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom