• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

grandjedi6 said:
205tbuh.jpg

Also Obama Girl with Nader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGzUS9vs3ME

Imm0rt4l

"McCain supporters want him to come out swingin, but in that video(you shouldn't be scared of Obama), he's such a nice guy! Do you think he should take the gloves off and stop being so nice?"
-FOX

Like McCain just agreeing Obama is an Arab wouldn't be media suicide sans fox

they literally talked about it for 2 minutes then jumped to Farrakhan. smh @ fixed news

johnsmith

remember me
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/10/10/1529529.aspx

McCain camp defends the behavior?

They're not hateful bigots. They're just boys bein' boys.

Earlier today, Obama remarked on recent outbursts of "Traitor!" "Terrorist!" and "Kill him!" at McCain campaign events. "It's easy to rile up a crowd," Obama said. "Nothing's easier than riling up a crowd by stoking anger and division. But that's not what we need right now in the United States."

In response, McCain senior adviser Nicolle Wallace released this statement, NBC's Kelly O'Donnell reports. "Barack Obama's assault on our supporters is insulting and unsurprising. These are the same people obama called 'bitter' and attacked for 'clinging to guns' and faith. He fails to understand that people are angry at corrupt practices in Washington and Wall Street and he fails to understand that America's working families are not 'clinging' to anything other than the sincere hope that Washington will be reformed from top to bottom."

"Attacking our supporters is a new low for the campaign that's run more millions of dollars of negative ads than any other in history."

*** UPDATE *** McCain campaign spokesman Brian Rogers adds in another statement: “Barack Obama’s attacks on Americans who support John McCain reveal far more about him than they do about John McCain. It is clear that Barack Obama just doesn’t understand regular people and the issues they care about. He dismisses hardworking middle class Americans as clinging to guns and religion, while at the same time attacking average Americans at McCain rallies who are angry at Washington, Wall Street and the status quo."

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
So Sarah Palin was found actually abusing power and mccain told his supporters to put a lid on their anti-intellectualism & they booed him.

Yea, this thing is just about over now, isn't it.

Trakdown

SpeedingUptoStop said:
So Sarah Palin was found actually abusing power and mccain told his supporters to put a lid on their anti-intellectualism & they booed him.

Yea, this thing is just about over now, isn't it.

I'll admit, I'm stumped on who McCain hasn't alienated yet.

Speevy

Banned
He could spit in the face of a returning American soldier and announce his support for gay marriage.

That would seal the deal.

LCfiner

I don't know if anyone cares but I noticed that the NY Times corrected their story on Palin. it now reads

Gov. Sarah Palin abused the powers of her office by pressuring subordinates to try to get her former brother-in-law, a state trooper, fired, an investigation by the Alaska Legislature has concluded. The inquiry found, however, that she was within her right to dismiss her public safety commissioner, Walt Monegan, who was the trooper’s boss.

Before, it had said that she had "unlawfully" fired the commissioner. small point but I'm glad they revised the story to be more accurate.

Btw remember when Joe Biden said the ad about McCain not using a computer was low class and the campaign stopped using it and the punditocracy/media treated it as another Joe Biden gaffe and undermining Obama and Joe Biden being Joe Bideny.

Or when he said maybe Hillary would have been a better pick and that once again there was Joe Biden the gaffe machine instead of it being "straight talk".

Just pointing out how our media creates narratives and sticks to them no matter what.

thekad

Banned
Stoney Mason said:
McCain told a poor misguided soul that Obama wasn't a swarthy A-rab...
Maybe he's not so bad after all. And it looks like Palin is going to get out of this Troopergate thing unscathed. Fortunately and unfortunately, none of that matters considering our current financial situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom