• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verano said:
what the hell is an uncle tom?

The more modern term is an Uncle Ruckus ;)

220px-Uncle_Ruckus.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Ruckus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Tom

I remember a watching a McCain rally when a black guy asked McCain if he was going to take off the gloves and go after Obama( on bill ayers, rezko,wright etc.) in the debates.

That made me mad for some reason.

harSon

Banned
Verano said:
what the hell is an uncle tom?

Basically a way in which people label Black Americans as overly subservient to Whites. It's stupid and to call somebody one because they're Republican is ludicrous, bordering on idiotic.

so_awes

Banned
XxenobladerxX said:
I remember a watching a McCain rally when a black guy asked McCain if he was going to take off the gloves and go after Obama in the debates.

That made me mad for some reason.
lol yea same here and i'm not even black.

i really wanted to know why he supports McCain.

harSon

Banned
so_awes said:
lol yea same here and i'm not even black.

i really wanted to know why he supports McCain.

Because he has different ideologies and views then yourself? Blacks aren't morally obligated to vote Democratic or for the Black candidate...

harSon said:
Basically a way in which people label Black Americans as overly subservient to Whites. It's stupid and to call somebody one because they're Republican is ludicrous, bordering on idiotic.

It's definitely an over used perjorative term although I've definitely run into my share of Uncle Ruckus types in my lifetime on this planet. I think most black people have. The issue is when it is tossed on to legitimate deviations from the cultural norms.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
StoOgE's drunk Poligaf tirad:

1) Fuck John McCain for his race baiting bullshit. the only reason they brought Ayers into the picture is so they can use the word "terrorist" with Obama. Now they have a fucking commercial out saying that Obama "worked with a domestic terrorist". FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. He was on a god damn college grant board with him, you make it sounds like he flew the fucking plane into tower 2.

2) Fuck Cindy McCain and her "you sent a shiver down my spine". Your skin is stretched so tight you cant get shivers down your spine anymore you old hag. Oh, and your HUSBAND voted against funding your son to. Go find some other married guy with a crippled wife to fuck.

3) Fuck Sarah Palin and her "palling around" bullshit and her "wait, you mean to tell me Obama didnt know he was a terrorist" horseshit. You are currently fucking someone who was a member of a party that wanted to break away from the United States. Why dont you go back to Alaska, get knocked up and see if you can think of a more fucked up redneck name than any of your current children have.

Speevy

Banned
StoOgE said:

1) Fuck John McCain for his race baiting bullshit. the only reason they brought Ayers into the picture is so they can use the word "terrorist" with Obama. Now they have a fucking commercial out saying that Obama "worked with a domestic terrorist". FUCK YOU ASSHOLE. He was on a god damn college grant board with him, you make it sounds like he flew the fucking plane into tower 2.

2) Fuck Cindy McCain and her "you sent a shiver down my spine". Your skin is stretched so tight you cant get shivers down your spine anymore you old hag. Oh, and your HUSBAND voted against funding your son to. Go find some other married guy with a crippled wife to fuck.

3) Fuck Sarah Palin and her "palling around" bullshit and her "wait, you mean to tell me Obama didnt know he was a terrorist" horseshit. You are currently fucking someone who was a member of a party that wanted to break away from the United States. Why dont you go back to Alaska, get knocked up and see if you can think of a more fucked up redneck name than any of your current children have.

Okay.

StoOgE said:

Too bad you're not really drunk and that is your plausible deniability.

It's interesting how McCain got a lot of props from people even here in PoliGAF for finally taking a stand for decency at his rallies.

I have a feeling that if McCain actually ran a respectable campaign starting in June, he might actually be in a better shape now. Independents and soft Dems wouldn't be so disgusted with McCain and his campaign.

I think the major reason so many of them went in droves toward Obama when the economic crises hit is because McCain spent two months engaging in silly political attacks (Paris Hilton, Kindergarten Sex-Ed, Lip stick on a Pig, and etc). No one talks about this but when all the pundits were saying how McCain was doing great and Obama couldn't close the deal, the Obama campaign was meanwhile quietly and steadily laying the groundwork for their economic message. Being a democrat of course helped but when the economic crises hit Obama had already laid solid foundation in the states he campaigned in while McCain got totally swept under by the tidal wave because his campaign had been wasting their time trying to win news cycles with stunts and negative attacks. They had no message of their own. You know it's bad when a campaign starts using the opposing campaign's slogans in TV ads.

Once McCain got the Republican nomination, he should have put together his 2000 team back together with Mike Murphy and Co. But I think it's McCain's age that worked against him. Due to his age, he knows this is the last time he'll able to run. So I'm guessing he figured he had to win now or never so he was willing to sell-out his honor and integrity to win the election. Unfortunately for him it looks like he's still going to lose this election after selling his soul.

I can't wait until someone writes an insider's book about this campaign.

Cloudy

Banned
This ACORN crap is really pissing me off. They are looking for any angle to diminish Obama.

I can see the GOP filing lawsuits in close states if Obama doesn't blow McCain out :(

The Chosen One said:
It's interesting how McCain got a lot of props from people even here in PoliGAF for finally taking a stand for decency at his rallies.

I have a feeling that if McCain actually ran a respectable campaign starting in June, he might actually be in a better shape now. Independents and soft Dems wouldn't be so disgusted with McCain and his campaign.

I think the major reason so many of them went in droves toward Obama when the economic crises hit is because McCain spent two months engaging in silly political attacks (Paris Hilton, Kindergarten Sex-Ed, Lip stick on a Pig, and etc). No one talks about this but when all the pundits were saying how McCain was doing great and Obama couldn't close the deal, the Obama campaign was meanwhile quietly and steadily laying the groundwork for their economic message. Being a democrat of course helped but when the economic crises hit Obama had already laid solid foundation in the states he campaigned in while McCain got totally swept under by the tidal wave because his campaign had been wasting their time trying to win news cycles with stunts and negative attacks. They had no message of their own. You know it's bad when a campaign starts using the opposing campaign's slogans in TV ads.

Once McCain got the Republican nomination, he should have put together his 2000 team back together with Mike Murphy and Co. But I think it's McCain's age that worked against him. Due to his age, he knows this is the last time he'll able to run. So I'm guessing he figured he had to win now or never so he was willing to sell-out his honor and integrity to win the election. Unfortunately for him it looks like he's still going to lose this election after selling his soul.

I can't wait until someone writes an insider's book about this campaign.

Based on his performance in 2000 vs. Bush, I really believe this election cycle has been hard on McCain.

I think deep down, he is a maverick but having to satisfy the base has been a killer for him.

He isn't willing to do whatever it takes to win and in seeing him on tv, I see that he isn't comfortable being in a room with those rabid Republicans who aren't really McCain supporters as much as they are Obama haters.

I think this is why he has Palin and the pundits doing the major attacks on character for the most part.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
ryutaro's mama said:
Based on his performance in 2000 vs. Bush, I really believe this election cycle has been hard on McCain.

I think deep down, he is a maverick but having to satisfy the base has been a killer for him.

He isn't willing to do whatever it takes to win and in seeing him on tv, I see that he isn't comfortable being in a room with those rabid Republicans who aren't really McCain supporters as much as they are Obama haters.

I think this is why he has Palin and the pundits doing the major attacks on character for the most part.

on Monday, when he asked the crowd "Who is Barack Obama?" and the crowd screamed angrily things like "terrorist," you could see McCain visibly jerk back and have a look of disgust on his face about it.

I think the guy knows it's wrong, but at the same time, I condemn his actions of helping stir the pot and allowing his campaign to run out of control.

It's ultimately his responsibility.

GaimeGuy said:
on Monday, when he asked the crowd "Who is Barack Obama?" and the crowd screamed angrily things like "terrorist," you could see McCain visibly jerk back and have a look of disgust on his face about it.

I think the guy knows it's wrong, but at the same time, I condemn his actions of helping stir the pot and allowing his campaign to run out of control.

It's ultimately his responsibility.

I agree and I'm not a McCain supporter.

I just think that his advisors are constantly in his ear and he's doing some things he is uncomfortable with.

I'm sorry, but watching him get booed by so called Republicans when he tried to tell them that Obama isn't an "Arab" made me feel really bad for him.

He's trying to do the right thing and his "supporters" are shitting on him for it.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ryutaro's mama said:
I agree and I'm not a McCain supporter.

I just think that his advisors are constantly in his ear and he's doing some things he is uncomfortable with.

I'm sorry, but watching him get booed by so called Republicans when he tried to tell them that Obama isn't an "Arab" made me feel really bad for him.

He's trying to do the right thing and his "supporters" are shitting on him for it.
Nobody made him hire Rick Davis. Nobody made him hire Phil Gramm. Nobody made him hire Nancy Pfotenhaufer.

And for sure as fuck, nobody is making him listen to them.

He put himself in this position. Just like Hillary Clinton did the same thing in the primaries - although she never went this far.

reilo said:
Nobody made him hire Rick Davis. Nobody made him hire Phil Gramm. Nobody made him hire Nancy Pfotenhaufer.

He put himself in this position. Just like Hillary Clinton did the same thing in the primaries - although she never went this far.

I can't refute anything in this post.

Let's GO Blazers...

Jonah Goldberg on Larry King just said the Obama campaign called Palin a Nazi sympathizer for wearing a Pat Buchanan button. What the hell's he talking about?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ryutaro's mama said:
I can't refute anything in this post.

Let's GO Blazers...
Shutup reilo.

Did you see I'm bringing Frankman to the brink of meltdown in NBAGAF? sogood.gif

reilo said:

Indeed, desperation can bring out the true depths of our character.

Opiate

What a disaster this has become. The wheels have completely come off McCain's campaign in a manner I've never witnessed.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
reilo said:

Fucking exactly. You think Obama's advisors haven't told him a million things, especially to get negative and bring up shit from McCains/Cindy's past that he could easily bring up? He decides how to run his campaign, and he has the final say about the campaign tone and where not to go. So does McCain. It shows you alot about their respective leadership qualities if McCain is unable to stand up to his fucking advisors and lobbyists.

Cloudy

Banned
I was thinking about this today. Say Obama was down 5-6 points right now....what would his campaign be doing? Would it be nastier or would they stay on messaage to preserve the "brand" since he's relatively young?

Clevinger

Cloudy said:
I was thinking about this today. Say Obama was down 5-6 points right now....what would his campaign be doing? Would it be nastier or would they stay on messaage to preserve the "brand" since he's relatively young?

I don't remember specific things, but I remember when Edwards and Obama were behind Clinton (I think it was a while before there were any primaries) they acted petty and for a while I got sick of both of them. It feels like so long ago I don't remember what exactly it was.

PS2 KID

Cloudy said:

Exactly the same thing as John McCain's campaign managers. Go Negative! Why? Because it works. See Kerry and Swiftboating. He didn't win the election either.

Also his brand is Change and Hope. McCain's campaign is opening up Obama's past now trying to relabel him. However, the MSM is very much in the tank so even with ACORN, Ayers, Rezko, Odinga, etc the dems will win this election. People will believe anything the MSM tells them so that works in the dems favor.

Come to think of it, why isn't Obama winning by double digits? You would think with the last 8 years it would be a landslide of epic proportions.

PS2 KID said:
Exactly the same thing as John McCain's campaign managers. Go Negative! Why? Because it works. See Kerry and Swiftboating. He didn't win the election either.

Also his brand is Change and Hope. McCain's campaign is opening up Obama's past now trying to relabel him. However, the MSM is very much in the tank so even with ACORN, Ayers, Rezko, Odinga, etc the dems will win this election. People will believe anything the MSM tells them so that works in the dems favor.

Come to think of it, why isn't Obama winning by double digits? You would think with the last 8 years it would be a landslide of epic proportions.

sarcasm?

Shiggie

bdizzle said:
if republicans are for the rich why isn't everyone rich? Questions like that have no real answer, they're just meant to cause confusion. It's different than saying if God is all powerful, why is their evil in the world.

facepalm indeed
its this and the fact that they're pulling this 'house negro' bullshit.

numble

PS2 KID said:

MSM - lol

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PS2 KID said:
Partisan habits are very hard to overcome

Clevinger

PS2 KID said:

Do you know that you have a whole cable channel dedicated to that shit? Do you know the radio is dominated with that shit? Do you know that every day since and during the primaries, you have one of the highest rated cable shows dedicated to that shit?

Do you know that a vast number of people, like you, eat that shit up like gospel?

Nabs

PS2 KID said:

You seriously don't know why?

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
PS2 KID said:

I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that was a parody post.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
PS2 KID said:

If he had a name like Jonathan Joseph Smith and was a 50+ white guy he would have a much bigger lead.

PS2 KID said:

It just kills you that a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama is beating the pants off of John "Mr. Military" McCain doesn't it?

PS2 KID

numble said:
Would the most watched news channel be considered MSM?

You mean FOX? They're just the flip side of MSM. Also, MSM has a whole as a larger viewing audience than FOX alone. We have to examine all media with skepticism. Just like I don't think MSM is always right or wrong nor do I think Fox is always right or wrong but we do have to filter out the very carefully placed spin and read even more carefully in practically all US media nowadays IMHO.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
PS2 KID said:
You mean FOX? They're just the flip side of MSM. Also, MSM has a whole as a larger viewing audience than FOX alone. We have to examine all media with skepticism. Just like I don't think MSM is always right or wrong nor do I think Fox is always right or wrong but we do have to filter out the very carefully placed spin and read even more carefully in practically all US media nowadays IMHO.
Wait are you suggesting that Fox isn't a part of the mainstream media?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom