• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AndyIsTheMoney Formula for Posting:

1. Initial inflammatory post (Usually in the form of baiting, trolling, or serving as a mouthpiece for a bogus claim that was disproved months ago).

2. Make an even dumber post, ignoring all questions and statements made since the last one he made. Exit with a generalization about how he is the victim.

*Infinite Loop

Tamanon

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
He won't openly endorse anyone.

Republicans buy sneakers, er golfclubs too.

Plus, I think he's voting McCain for 100% tax reasons.:lol

Wicked: I'm actually a bit surprised this whole subject wasn't twisted to involve Muslims.

Gruco

Banned
Incognito said:
AndyIsTheMoney is at least more effective than the McCain campaign at focusing peoples attention on irrelevant, bullshit issues. Maybe they should hire him?
DOMINATING the PolitiGAF news cycle.

I wish I could agree the McCain conceded the election, or at least the fear-mongering crap. Maybe. Maybe the man actually realizes what he opened and feels bad. Maybe he just wanted to say sorry to inoculate himself from bad press. Still a few more weeks for him to make that clear.

Byakuya769 said:
Hahahah, so there we are. His words are going to influence black people into thinking that Obama is the Messiah. Don't ever change.

dude if want me to stop responding please stop making assumptions like this. i mean i know you know better

AndyIsTheMoney said:
what the hell im not veering off any issue. is he not influential and powerful? what the fuck? when he says obama is the messiah its no big deal, but you all freak out over a couple of rednecks calling obama a terrorist? i would think Farrakhans word is more influential than their word is.

its crazy most of you jump in halfway into what im saying when you see something you can twist and act like you know what i was meaning to say.

let's see.

obama and farrakhan have no association. what farrakhan does on his own time is his business, not obama's.

on the other hand, we have a bunch of ignoramuses shouting "kill him, "terrorist," "off with his head," and "treason" precisely as a result of the campaign john mccain and sarah palin have run the past few weeks.

can you see why people are a little dumbfounded by your replies?

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
AndyIsTheMoney said:
dude if want me to stop responding please stop making assumptions like this. i mean i know you know better
21j87xi.gif

WickedAngel said:
AndyIsTheMoney Formula for Posting:

1. Initial inflammatory post (Usually in the form of baiting, trolling, or serving as a mouthpiece for a bogus claim that was disproved months ago).

2. Make an even dumber post, ignoring all questions and statements made since the last one he made. Exit with a generalization about how he is the victim.

*Infinite Loop

secret stealth Democrat...theres some more fuel for the flame

Trakdown

Gruco said:
I wish I could agree the McCain conceded the election, or at least the fear-mongering crap. Maybe. Maybe the man actually realizes what he opened and feels bad. Maybe he just wanted to say sorry to inoculate himself from bad press. Still a few more weeks for him to make that clear.

I think it's the last hail mary from a campaign where nothing negative has worked. Took them long enough that you don't bring up your favorable ratings by going into the sewer.

Incognito said:
let's see.

obama and farrakhan have no association. what farrakhan does on his own time is his business, not obama's.

on the other hand, we have a bunch of ignoramuses shouting "kill him, "terrorist," "off with his head," and "treason" precisely as a result of the campaign john mccain and sarah palin have run the past few weeks.

can you see why people are a little dumbfounded by your replies?

like people arnt yelling the same thing about mccain and palin on the other side, you doubt that?

Cloudy

Banned
Trurl said:
I wonder what Obama is going to say in that half hour tv spot that he paid for. He's in such a wonderful position that it seems strange that he plans to do something that (in my opinion) has a chance of back firing.

It'll probably be some hope/change stuff or clips from the trail (behind the scenes stuff) with minimal live commentary. And a reminder for voters not to be complacent. Also, it's insurance against any October surprise so he can respond to a large audience..

grandjedi6

AndyIsTheMoney said:
like people arnt yelling the same thing about mccain and palin on the other side, you doubt that?
People are calling McCain a terrorist and calling for him to be killed at Obama rallies? :lol

Speevy

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:

I've never seen a call to kill Mccain, or anyone calling him a terrorist.

In fact, because of his military service, people wouldn't dare go there.

Tobor

kkaabboomm said:
it's an interesting argument and a different way to look at things. i personally will need more evidence, though, that this wasnt just an attempt to stop the storyline of the "hate filled rally's" that have been showing up this week. if he continues to do this type of thing, maybe, but it still could be an effort to keep the commenter/questioner out of the news to keep the focus on mccains actual answer - something that really hadn't happened this week until he took the ladies mic away.

but still, interesting idea.

I'm willing to wait and see as well, but watch the video again. He seems genuinely distressed by these people. It's the first real emotion he's showed this entire election.

I could be reading into it, I admit, but I will stand by one thing. Without the hate, he's finished. He's probably finished anyway, but a clean(er) campaign means he's publicly admitting it.

n1n9tean

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
People are calling McCain a terrorist and calling for him to be killed at Obama rallies? :lol
People, we are smarter than this.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP ENTERTAINING THIS uhhh *looks for user name* oh yea ANDYISMONEY GUY??!?!?!

PLEASE!

GhaleonEB

AndyIsTheMoney said:
Please post a link to a news report of Obama supporters shouting these phrases, or similar.

• "Kill him!"
  • "Terrorist!"
  • "Treason!"
  • "Off with his head!"

Tobor said:
I'm willing to wait and see as well, but watch the video again. He seems genuinely distressed by these people. It's the first real emotion he's showed this entire election.

I could be reading into it, I admit, but I will stand by one thing. Without the hate, he's finished. He's probably finished anyway, but a clean(er) campaign means he's publicly admitting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7R-s-71csY

i re-watched this video, and i kind of agree with you. his response when the guy says he's scared of Obama i think is the most poignant of the responses that fit your idea - there's almost a 'look, just...don't be afraid. i dont want people to be afraid of him. he's probably going to win, and i dont want to be the guy who everyone cites as the cause for extreme blame/etc. so don't be afraid, thats not a good emotion to have in this situation, because obama isn't someone to be afraid of...'

im going to still 'wait and see', but i very easily see how it could be that path versus the cynical 'oh shit gotta stop the bad news cycle' type of thing.

Speevy

Banned
I was thinking Mccain might have said to that lady "That's right, he is an Arab. And when I'm president, we'll send those Arabs back where they came from. Next question."

WickedAngel said:
Come on man...I posted the AndyIsTheMoney formula for all to see. Responding to his previous absurdities isn't part of the equation.

any people i name would be immediately mocked and ridiculed, then i would be, whats the point.

no seriously i got it guys. Farrakhan isnt an influential black person at all. really you guys make very intelligent points. i mean what kind of leader is leading the nation of Islam, or what kind of influential or powerful person would have the ability to express his opinions to millions of people. seriously guys once again you won

Tamanon

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:
any people i name would be immediately mocked and ridiculed, then i would be, whats the point.

no seriously i got it guys. Farrakhan isnt an influential black person at all. really you guys make very intelligent points. i mean what kind of leader is leading the nation of Islam, or what kind of influential or powerful person would have the ability to express his opinions to millions of people. seriously guys once again you won

hadenpop.gif

You've obviously developed Alzheimer's if you believe that was what people have taken issue with. All this because you wanted to make yet another "Obama is a Messiah" reference.

grandjedi6

AndyIsTheMoney said:

Now your bullshit doesn't even make sense :/

Fox318

CharlieDigital said:
This is like, the best 5 pages of PoliGAF (50/page, bitches)....ever :lol my only regret is that 7/8 of PoliGAF isn't around to witness it :lol
There needs to be a PoliGAF recap. Like in Alone in the Dark.
29kyh6c.gif

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
n1n9tean said:
People, we are smarter than this.

CAN WE PLEASE STOP ENTERTAINING THIS uhhh *looks for user name* oh yea ANDYISMONEY GUY??!?!?!

PLEASE!

this is neogaf dude?

amirite?

Anyway I got to be Irish American Queen. You should vote yourself in if there's a power gap in your race/ethnicity. You know, become the great Crown Prince Croat or summat.

smurfx

get some go again
AndyIsTheMoney said:

i don't care about farrakhan. you said the other minority groups in the u.s have leaders and i'm waiting for you to tell us who they are.

thefit

AndyIsTheMoney said:

He must be really powerful too lead an entire nation and of Islam to boot, don't forget that part guys he's leading a nation of Islam with millions! It probably borders Iraq and Obama is the Messiah says this Islam nation leader!

smurfx said:
i don't care about farrakhan. you said the other minority groups in the u.s have leaders and i'm waiting for you to tell us who they are.

when you say leaders in the light it makes it sound like all racial groups are appointed leaders over them. that's not the way i meant it and you know it. yeah its funny to say it that way, but that's not what i meant.

smurfx said:

I'm sure he's googling furiously.

AndyIsTheMoney said:
when you say leaders in the light it makes it sound like all racial groups are appointed leaders over them. that's not the way i meant it and you know it. yeah its funny to say it that way, but that's not what i meant.

So what did you mean? Care to articulate it? Because I've never personally met a black person who praised Farrakhan.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Marthin Luther King Jr was a leader.

Malcolm X was a leader.

Lois Fucking Farahkhan ain't leading shit.

A hard look at reality, and what you should do
October 10th, 2008, 10:43pm by Sam Wang

I’ve noticed a lot of continued speculation about the Presidential race. You ask about the Bradley effect, voter purges, and other detailed topics. It’s all over the comments section, both here and on other sites.

As immersed as I am in the analysis, I am only now noticing that many of you are taking a little time to adapt to current conditions. This post is directed at those of you who are rooting for one side - Democrats and Republicans alike. It is time for you to take a good, hard look at what is going on. Whatever your personal preference may be, a Democratic sweep is coming. The storm is about to make landfall, and we know where. The question is what you should do about it.

Where the Presidential race stands. By the standards of Presidential elections since 1992, Barack Obama is far ahead. For most of this season he has been running about 50 EV ahead of where John Kerry ran at the same point in 2004, which ended in a near-tie. Currently the gap is even larger - it’s nearing Clinton v. Dole proportions. In the face of a down economy and abysmal approval ratings for the Bush Administration, a lead of this size by a Democrat is essentially insurmountable.

This is why John McCain’s tactics have become increasingly savage - it’s his last stand. It is why Obama has started to buy 30-minute blocks of time - he is shooting for a massive blowout. Conservative commentators are jumping ship, writing obituaries for the Republican Party or even coming out for Obama. The writing is on the wall. Every knowledgeable insider on either side knows it.

At a time like this, one impulse is to worry or grasp for straws, depending on who you are rooting for. You might like to speculate on the Bradley effect, in which polls overstate the support for the black candidate. This effect was never more than 2-3 percentage points in the first place, and signs of it disappeared over a decade ago. You might want to know if cell phone users are undersampled. Perhaps, but only by a little, and that’s a population that favors Obama by an even larger margin than the general population. You might want to know if pollsters’ likely voter models are off. This effect isn’t going to be more than a few points, and could well be zero. All of these potential errors are either negligible or suggest that Obama has more support than polls now state. In short, the wind is at Barack Obama’s back. I currently expect a final outcome of Obama 318-364 EV, McCain 174-220 EV.

The last normal game-shifting point in a national campign is the first debate, which worked in Obama’s favor. Of course, it is always possible to imagine an extreme scenario in which the outcome is different. Recent inflammatory words of McCain and Palin do increase the odds of a tragic event. But affecting the likelihood of such a freak occurrence is out of your reach.

Making your efforts pay off. An example of wasted effort at this point is making an additional contribution to either Presidential campaign. I realize that for some of you, this is a difficult proposition. If you are already committed to turning out the vote for your candidate, by all means do so. But if you still have time or money to spare, think about the following argument.

In general, any contribution you make to a strongly leading or trailing candidate makes little difference in the outcome. It’s like voting in Massachusetts or Utah: whether you do or don’t essentially makes no difference in the outcome. The same is true for campaign contributions. In the best of worlds, $100 to Obama-Biden or McCain-Palin would move the national win probability by an infinitesimal amount. Even 0.00001% would be an overstatement.

The place to make a difference is at the margins. Take the Georgia race, in which incumbent Republican Saxby Chambliss is defending his seat. In 2002, Chambliss won office by tarring Vietnam war hero and triple-amputee Max Cleland with an alleged sympathy for Osama bin Laden. Now Chambliss is fighting for his political life, and is in a dead heat with Democratic challenger Jim Martin. If you had the choice of driving voters to the polls in Georgia or in South Carolina, you’d be dead wrong to pick South Carolina. By the same token, a contribution in Georgia, but not South Carolina, might make a small difference in the outcome.

What your contribution buys. The outcome of the 2008 campaign determines the size of the working majorities in next year’s Congress. Next year, top priorities for any President and Congress will be the war in Iraq, the financial meltdown, health care, and global warming. It will be an unenviable and enormously difficult task. If Obama wins, as I expect he will, what he accomplishes will depend critically on how many votes he has in Congress. Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, your point of leverage in this process is the Senate, where a minority of 41 can stop a bill from becoming a law.

What I suggest you do. For all these reasons, I have identified three Senate races as being among the most effective places you can put your effort or money. This is my advice to everyone, Democrats and Republicans. The Republican National Committee may be about to act along these lines. These races may become less competitive. Others may come into the picture. But right now they are the best targets, period.

Tonight I’m donating to my side - Merkley, Franken, and Martin - via my ActBlue page. Some of you might want to contribute to the other side via the National Republican Senatorial Committee. I assure you that in either case, the donation will have the maximum possible leverage in what happens in 2009.

http://election.princeton.edu/2008/10/10/a-hard-look-at-reality-and-what-you-should-do/#more-1773

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
AndyIsTheMoney said:

I see you left out the actual part of your statement that people took issue with. You're such a transparent tool.

ronito

CharlieDigital said:
So what did you mean? Care to articulate it? Because I've never personally met a black person who praised Farrakhan.
Obviously you've never met a black person. Never forget:
AndyIsTheMoney said:
I think if you were to poll a number of black Americans to name the most influential black leaders, Farrakhan would be named.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom