• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamanon

Banned
Of course we're in a different era now, but Russert wasn't really qualified as an interviewer when he was assigned. Just as long as it's not David Gregory, I'm ok with it.

GhaleonEB said:
It was a joke based on a post from a few pages ago. :p
oh gotcha. no worries

for everyone else...
-------10/12 (9/29) (9/22) (9/7) (8/22)
Obama: 43 (50) (52) (47) (49)
McCain: 43 (46) (43) (49) (45)

the 9/22 poll was derided by the mccain camp as a huge outlier....then the distance shrunk back down to a 4 point lead, and now its back up to 10, 1 point larger than the 9/22 poll. i wonder if they'll declare this as a huge outlier, too.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
worldrunover said:
Swing state most likely to fall victim to the 'Bradley Effect': North Carolina. See: Guy who won't let Obama supporters park in his lot.
State among most likely to benefit from a 'Reverse Bradley Effect': North Carolina

I'm not joking.

Tobor

Tamanon said:
Of course we're in a different era now, but Russert wasn't really qualified as an interviewer when he was assigned. Just as long as it's not David Gregory, I'm ok with it.

Or Brokaw on a permanent basis, agreed.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Tamanon said:
I think at this point they need to go outside the MSNBC/NBC umbrella to find a replacement for MTP.

well i think russert and chris wallace and the like are real "newspeople" who've worked in the field of broadcast journalism, whereas olbermann and the like were tapped by networks because of their personalities.

Speevy

Banned
I wish there weren't an election night. Do it over several months like the primaries so we can lock down Obama's victory early.

AniHawk

Tyrone Slothrop said:
seriously? 538 has mccain winning there by 87% percent

edit: my bad. you're probably kidding.
I dunno. I'm not one to doubt 538, but Ron Paul's on the ballot there, and he was more popular than McCain in the primaries. Also, Obama does have offices up there while McCain doesn't.

reilo

Didn't the WashingtonPost say they were gonna have a poll out today, too, or am I confusing that with this ABC poll?

EDIT: I guess it's a ABC/WaPo poll!

TDG

Banned
I remember some old timers saying that Incognito made some fairly crazy-seeming predictions during the midterms that turned out to be true, so I'll reserve my judgement.

Shiggie

Tamanon said:
Nah, Drudge has always been Republican, he just really hates the Clintons, so he seemed Probama during the primaries.

Sharp said:
Only during the primaries. They're in full-time Republican shill mode now, which is a pretty bad place to be because all the actual data suggests that they are in for a pretty convincing loss.

TDG said:
Drudge is conservative and Clinton-hating.

Smiles and Cries said:
they just hated Clinton a whole lot more... that site is GOP heaven
Thanks.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Speevy said:
I wish there weren't an election night. Do it over several months like the primaries so we can lock down Obama's victory early.

No way, the primaries were like us just getting hooked on Hopium.

November 4th is overdose time.

the ABC poll has the country:
39% D
30% R
31% I/Other

which, oddly enough, matches the R2K polling breakdown for their daily tracking poll, and is 3% higher for D's than, say, Gallup/etc.

they do mention the breakdown has never been higher than +4% D on election day, and say that since R disapproval/dissatisfaction is at an all time high, they fully expect that record to be broken in 3 weeks. (page 7 of the pdf)

edit: page 8 --- 81% of clinton voting dems back him now. EAT IT PALIN IN YOUR FACE!

reilo

AniHawk said:
Probably the first time I've seen men favor Obama too. Leads in all major age groups (so hopefully the young vote won't be as important if it doesn't show up).
Amazingly, he's also leading with the non-college electorate, too. Not only that, but with people that make more than $100k!

StoOgE

TDG said:
I remember some old timers saying that Incognito made some fairly crazy-seeming predictions during the midterms that turned out to be true, so I'll reserve my judgement.

Yeah, Incognito wasnt too bad, he was a bit of a debbie downer, but no cheebs.

in other forum when asked to make a projection I threw in Montana for Obama as well.

Some internals that are GREAT NEWS FOR JOHN MCCAIN!!!:

*) RV totals are a 54-41 massacre, but that is young people who are too lazy to vote anyway.
*) Only 2% truly undecided, 1% "other", %1 "neither"
*) Of the voters with a stated preference, only 6% said they had a "good" chance of changing their mind.

So if John McCain can persuade all of those persuadeable voters, get the remaining undecideds, and convince people not to waste their vote, he can tie!

StoOgE

Stoney Mason said:
Tomorrow's Rasmussen
Obama 50% (-1)
McCain 45%

Apparently drudge has it early so you don't have to wait for the 9AM update.

and of course he will post it until they swing back for Obama.

Matthews seems to be Feenin'

2010 Senate run against Arlen Specter. Specter will be 80. And with his medical record. The GOP will run a kook in the primaries if he was to go for it. That doesn't help.

Wish he and the moderate republicans weren't on their way out but I can't see him winning. He isn't Ted Steven's or Byrd and PENN isn't AK or WV.

"The economy has hurt us a little bit in the last week or two, but in the last few days we've seen it come back up because they want experience, they want knowledge and they want vision. We'll give that to America." - John McCain

/facepalm

Trurl

Banned
reilo said:
That can't be a real quote.

Wait. It can only be a real quote.
I don't see what's so bad about the quote. What do you want him to say?

"The economy has effectively--barring any terrist attacks, of course--ended my presidential hopes. The American people simply realize that Obama has the judgment, knowledge, and advisers to better deal with this issue. We'll continue campaigning up to election day, but it's really just a formality at this point; we're screwed."

Trurl said:
I don't see what's so bad about the quote. What do you want him to say?

"The economy has effectively--barring any terrist attacks, of course--ended my presidential hopes. The American people simply realize that Obama has the judgment, knowledge, and advisers to better deal with this issue. We'll continue campaigning up to election day, but it's really just a formality at this point; we're screwed."
The economy has not hurt this country, "A little bit"..

TDG said:

I think I was one of the few stating what seemed like the obvious: that the Dems would regain the majority in both the House and Senate. To be fair, a lot of people were still shell shocked from 2004 and were convinced that the 2006 fear mongering by Bush and the RNC were going to reap some nice dividends again, but that well was dry. Voters wanted Democrats who pushed back on the bullshit and were unafraid to state their positions. It was fitting to see Harold Ford go down in flames because he ran one of the most risk-averse, DLCesque campaign out there while people like Jim Webb, Claire McCaskill, Sherrod Brown, and Jon Tester were running unabashedly progressive campaigns and winning.

GhaleonEB

Stoney Mason said:
Tomorrow's Rasmussen
Obama 50% (-1)
McCain 45%

Apparently drudge has it early so you don't have to wait for the 9AM update.
He really is pathetic. That's back to what it was the day before yesterday. Some comeback. :lol

Trurl

Banned
XxenobladerxX said:
The economy has not hurt this country, "A little bit"..
It sounds like he is talking about his campaign to me. . . .

If he is talking about the country then the statement is absurd. I'll have to look for the source to put the statement in context.

Edit:
"We're a couple points down, OK, nationally, but we're right in this game," McCain said to cheers. "The economy has hurt us a little bit in the last week or two, but in the last few days we've seen it come back up because they want experience, they want knowledge and they want vision. We'll give that to America."

Yeah, he's talking about his campaign. You guys are being silly.

DMczaf

Trakdown said:
I wonder what Drudge Report will look like on Nov. 5th.

2dqr5t0.gif

Amir0x

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
He really is pathetic. That's back to what it was the day before yesterday. Some comeback. :lol

He got Zogby +4 Obama and Rasmussen +5 Obama polls up, he really is looking anywhere for his own personal dose of Hopium. He only gets the bootleg shit though, it's cut up with some nasty crap. His Hopium is mixed with a pinch of William Ayers and Sarah Palin. I wouldn't wanna snort that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom