• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2nd Pres. Debate 2008 Thread (DOW dropping, Biden is off to Home Depot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Cooter said:
I wanted to start a new thread but what the hell.

I think there are going to be millions of new Obama voters who are going to be very dissapointed when they realize that nothing is changing and things will continue to get worse the first few years of his term.

My advice is don't expect too much from one person when there is not much he can do regarding many of the challenges we face.

People expect a lot from not putting McCain in power more than from putting Obama in power, and rightly so.

EDIT: That British dark-skinned girl on CNN is hot!

I saw some earlier discussion on how our debates currently aren't true debates in the vein of opposing ideas battling out and proven the other inadequate. I believe that the reasons debates are like this is because the electorate is not educated on the issues, but these debates are televised and a lot of people watch. What happens is that many of these people watch for theatrics and watch checking, as opposed to substantive issues.

johnsmith

remember me
Cooter said:

I think there are going to be millions of new Obama voters who are going to be very dissapointed when they realize that nothing is changing and things will continue to get worse the first few years of his term.

My advice is don't expect too much from one person when there is not much he can do regarding many of the challenges we face.

Nobody expects the united states to immediately become a magical wonderland. But the fact that Bush is gone, even if things remain the same, is a big fucking improvement. Even if only psychologically.

Caj814

ready?
mixshotglasses60mlso6800.jpg

Gruco

Banned
Cooter said:

I think it's really, really important to be reminded of this. Hopium is a hell of a drug.

I do think getting B-rock into office would be an amazing accomplishment, and with an electoral landslide, 58 same party senators and an expanded house majority quite a lot could get done. But it's not going to end there, and the disappointments will be constant.

That's why you just gotta keep fighting.

Haunted

At 9PM, war was beginning.

I hate town hall debates, btw. People asking.. bah, I'd rather have a competent moderator asking the questions + follow-ups!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom