• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF General Election Thread of Conventions (Sarah Palin McCain VP Pick)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Diablos said:
McCain's veep announcement will be interesting.

I'm thinking Pawlenty. Who knows, he could deliver Minnesota, as he seems to be popular there.
McCain will be here this weekend in St. Louis. I'm gonna have to go. Maybe a VP appearance?

I think it would be stingy as hell for McCain to steal Obama's thunder by "leaking" tonight.

Count me in on the PBS band-wagon. MSNBC is really fucking blowing it.

Though I must say, I will have to watch MSNBC during the Republican National Convention. Will be hilarious.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Karma Kramer said:
If Obama doesn't win this election... my god...

Well, if he loses, then the people to blame will be the liberal youth of America. The ones that flap their gums and talk about how awful AmeriKKKa is, then fail to show up at the polls...as usual.

The youth have to show up, or McCain can, and will, win.

eclipze

Diablos said:
McCain's veep announcement will be interesting.

I'm thinking Pawlenty. Who knows, he could deliver Minnesota, as he seems to be popular there.

Pawlenty barely won his election in 06. I was living in MN at the time. He's not as popular as the pundits would like you to believe. I would bet any amount of money that if Pawlenty is the veep, that Minnesota will still go blue.

Tamanon

Banned
I'll probably skip most of the RNC myself. I picked up Tales of Vesperia to play instead, might tune in for Huckabee or if Ron Paul's counter convention gets any coverage.

APF

If for even just these couple of hours it's turned you ADD-addled miscreants into PBS watchers, this really is the best convention ever.

Hootie

APF said:
If for even just these couple of hours it's turned you ADD-addled miscreants into PBS watchers, this really is the best convention ever.

1ttyeb.jpg

Well aren't you in a good mood!

Gattsu25

Banned
Chiggs said:
Well, if he loses, then the people to blame will be the liberal youth of America. The ones that flap their gums and talk about how awful AmeriKKKa is, then fail to show up at the polls...as usual.

Angry

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
eclipze said:
Pawlenty barely won his election in 06. I was living in MN at the time. He's not as popular as the pundits would like you to believe. I would bet any amount of money that if Pawlenty is the veep, that Minnesota will still go blue.

It seems more and more like Pawlenty, what McCain's proved over the last 4 years is that he is no longer willing to rock the boat, and either of the other two, Romney or Lieberman, would rock the boat too much.

JB1981

When does Apollo Obama take the stage?

Sing it w/ me, GAf:

"Obama! Obama! Obama! O-BAMA"

"He can chaaaaaange the woooooorld."

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The Dish Network feed must be what they are putting up on the Big Screen?

The camera switches, and then people point at the screen :lol

Chiggs said:
Well, if he loses, then the people to blame will be the liberal youth of America. The ones that flap their gums and talk about how awful AmeriKKKA IS, then fail to show up at the polls.

Yup. I was using DailyKos' new EC thingie
http://images.dailykos.com/map/electionMapBeta.swf

The 2004 numbers are still depressing. An increase in young voters would have won Kerry that election. Bush won NM by 6k votes, and we know what happened in Ohio. All this celebrity bullshit every four years is getting old: if young people don't get off their asses this time we won't see any change anytime soon. A huge increase in young voters and African American voters would easily tip this thing to Obama. Registering people is good and everything but these people need to come out and vote. If Obama can pull off the ground game he might just usher in a new era of democrat dominance

Door2Dawn

Banned
JB1981 said:
When does Apollo Obama take the stage?

Sing it w/ me, GAf:

"Obama! Obama! Obama! O-BAMA"

"He can chaaaaaange the woooooorld."

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA
(neutral) JB1981
I am full of shit.
Rich, smooth, creamy shit.

(Today, 01:54 AM)
Reply | Quote

Chiggs

Gold Member
Gattsu25 said:

Damn right. Voter turnout is pathetic in general, and the 18-25 demographic--the people that will inherit this country--don't seem to give a shit. I mean, these Che Guevara t-shirt wearing frauds will show up gangbusters for a Michael Moore film, but not to vote? What a joke.

PhoenixDark said:
Yup. I was using DailyKos' new EC thingie
http://images.dailykos.com/map/electionMapBeta.swf

The 2004 numbers are still depressing. An increase in young voters would have won Kerry that election. Bush won NM by 6k votes, and we know what happened in Ohio. All this celebrity bullshit every four years is getting old: if young people don't get off their asses this time we won't see any change anytime soon. A huge increase in young voters and African American voters would easily tip this thing to Obama. Registering people is good and everything but these people need to come out and vote. If Obama can pull off the ground game he might just usher in a new era of democrat dominance

I hope everyone in this thread reads your post.

APF said:
Hey, I watched PBS all the time back in the day.. Carmen Sandiego was the shit.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Shiggie said:
where are you seeing this?
never mind.

9445 On Dish Network, you may need the HD pack, I don't know if they have a SD feed

eclipze

capslock said:
It seems more and more like Pawlenty, what McCain's proved over the last 4 years is that he is no longer willing to rock the boat, and either of the other two, Romney or Lieberman, would rock the boat too much.

I agree with you. I hope it's Pawlenty. He's one of the most boring people i've ever seen. Definitely a perfect match for McCain. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom