• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
scola said:
This is probably like 50 pages old but I had to ask. Why did triumph get perm-ed?

I was sad when I was browsing earlier in this thread and saw that.
Made an account suicide thread, as I understand it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Slurpy said:
Andy, next time try to get your information from sites that aren't disgruntled Hillary supporter PUMA blogs. Cause thats a little embarrassing.

Andy is my new favorite poster.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
mj1108 said:
I think a better question is, why does Elisabeth Hasselback's opinion matter?

It matters, because for some God-forsaken reason, someone somewhere saw it fit to give her views an audience of millions.

Slurpy said:
Andy, next time try to get your information from sites that aren't disgruntled Hillary supporter PUMA blogs. Cause thats a little embarrassing.

i dont go to the site, it was just an article i found that highlighted some differences

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
Alright guys I hardly participate in these threads but I have read most of all threads and posts you guys make. I have to put my 2 cents in because of that "sex" ad McCain put out. OK seriously that is some crazy stuff. I am actually pretty upset about it. I am starting to wonder if this is some of the stuff Kerry was put through or was it worse. I hope that the Obama campaign hits back hard...really hard. Also wondering if there was any mention of the ad in the MSM?

SSGMUN10000 said:
Alright guys I hardly participate in these threads but I have read most of all threads and posts you guys make. I have to put my 2 cents in because of that "sex" ad McCain put out. OK seriously that is some crazy stuff. I am actually pretty upset about it. I am starting to wonder if this is some of the stuff Kerry was put through or was it worse. I hope that the Obama campaign hits back hard...really hard. Also wondering if there was any mention of the ad in the MSM?

Upset? Do something.

Edit:
Large Hadron Collider

A large underground installation in Europe designed to smash atoms together to test some of physics new groundbreaking ideas.

May cause small black holes that'll disappear.

May also cause huge black hole that'll kill us all.

Huzah

The sex ad just cements that this election cycle is going to get really ugly, can Obama do ugly? We already know the GOP can do ugly.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
speculawyer said:
OK . . . what is 'LHC'?

lhc.jpg

picture1.jpg

large-hadron-collider.jpg

Yeah, basically we're all fucked tomorrow.

Kildace

FlightOfHeaven said:
Also, reading about the LHC depresses me. Why the hell do we not have an equivalent?

Spending billions of dollars to recreate the Big Bang doesn't sound very Christian to me, only us atheist Europeans could do it.

polyh3dron said:
He had executive experience. So did the Pharaoh. Moses on the other hand, he had no experience so I don't think he was ready to lead.

His background was also a little... I dunno... exotic?

I mean, floating down the Nile in a basket of bulrushes? Really?

GhaleonEB said:
Um. I have a follow-up question....
It's a HUUUGE machine built for the express purpose of smashing two atoms/particles together really fast and seeing what happens.

There's a small chance it'll create stable black holes that will expand and kill us all.

Price Dalton said:
His background was also a little... I dunno... exotic?

I mean, floating down the Nile in a basket of bulrushes? Really?
And isn't his name just a little... I dunno... Egyptian? He just doesn't have a good, reliable Hebrew name like Benjamin or Barsamuel, so I'm disinclined to trust him.

I mean think about it... Moses... Rameses... Ra-Moses... It's too similar to be a coincidence.

Why doesn't he tell us the first part of his name? Someone told me he was educated at an Egyptian religious school by the priests of Hapi in Thebes. I bet he's secretly an Egyptian priest and his real name is Hapimoses.

SSGMUN10000

Connoisseur Of Tedium
FlightOfHeaven said:
Upset? Do something.

Edit:
Large Hadron Collider

A large underground installation in Europe designed to smash atoms together to test some of physics new groundbreaking ideas.

May cause small black holes that'll disappear.

May also cause huge black hole that'll kill us all.

Well I have donated and told everybody I know about the issues and to vote for Obama.

FlightOfHeaven said:
Upset? Do something.

Great idea. I live in Los Angeles, I'm not really even sure if I know anyone who isn't voting Obama, and I'm couch-locked following invasive knee surgery.

What are some things I can do to help out (besides more donations)?

Diablos

Slurpy said:
Eh, who gives a fuck, seriously. Watch this get media play as somehow being relevant to this election.
It wouldn't surprise me.

Sean Hannity has something new to talk about tomorrow.

GhaleonEB

A judge was warning Palin about her behaviour RE: ex-brother in-law before she even became governor.

Warned by the Court

A judge repeatedly told Palin and family not to badmouth her sister's ex

An Anchorage judge three years ago warned Sarah Palin and members of her family to stop "disparaging" the reputation of Alaska State Trooper Michael Wooten, who at the time was undergoing a bitter separation and divorce from Palin's sister Molly.

Court records obtained by NEWSWEEK show that during the course of divorce hearings three years ago, Judge John Suddock heard testimony from an official of the Alaska State Troopers' union about how Sarah Palin—then a private citizen—and members of her family, including her father and daughter, lodged up to a dozen complaints against Wooten with the state police. The union official told the judge that he had never before been asked to appear as a divorce-case witness, that the union believed family complaints against Wooten were "not job-related," and that Wooten was being "harassed" by Palin and other family members.

Court documents show that Judge Suddock was disturbed by the alleged attacks by Palin and her family members on Wooten's behavior and character. "Disparaging will not be tolerated—it is a form of child abuse," the judge told a settlement hearing in October 2005, according to typed notes of the proceedings. The judge added: "Relatives cannot disparage either. If occurs [sic] the parent needs to set boundaries for their relatives."
It goes downhill from there.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/158140

monchi-kun said:
let ye who is without sin cast the first stone...or something like that.....yeah, thought so....

calling it like it is isnt passing judgment. He shit on America trying to take a moral high ground when all along he was not even adhering to the beliefs he used to put down our society and our country.

AniHawk

viciouskillersquirrel said:
=Do they have the kind of money or fundraising capacity it would take to compete with Obama's war chest?

Yes, actually. Ever since Palin though. $47m GOP vs. $55m Obama in August.

Iksenpets

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Damn it, GAF!

Also, reading about the LHC depresses me. Why the hell do we not have an equivalent?

The US was building an even larger particle accelerator in Texas back in the early 90s called the Superconducting Supercollider. Congress killed it because they needed a big example to show they were cutting the budget, and it was one of the largest expendable projects. Ground had already been broken for the tunnel it would be built in and everything.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Extollere said:
“So Sambo beat the bitch!”

This is how Republican Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin described Barack Obama’s win over Hillary Clinton to political colleagues in a restaurant a few days after Obama locked up the Democratic Party presidential nomination.
“She’s doesn’t like different opinions and she refuses to compromise,” Kilkenny notes. “When she was mayor, she fought ideas that weren’t hers. Worse, ideas weren’t evaluated on their merits but on the basis of who proposed them.”
Besides insulting Obama with a Step-N’-Fetch-It, “darkie musical” swipe, people who know her say she refers regularly to Alaska’s Aboriginal people as “Arctic Arabs” – how efficient, lumping two apparently undesirable groups into one ugly description – as well as the more colourful “mukluks” along with the totally unimaginative “f**king Eskimo’s,” according to a number of Alaskans and Wasillians interviewed for this article.

“The GOP is kind of like organized crime up here,” an insurance agent in Anchorage who knows the Palin family, explained. “It’s corrupt and arrogant. They’re all rich because they do private sweetheart deals with the oil companies, and they can destroy anyone. And they will, if they have to.”

“Once Palin became mayor,” he continued, “She became part of that inner circle.”

“Palin is a conniving, manipulative, a**hole,” someone who thinks these are positive traits in a governor told me, summing up Palin’s tenure in Alaska state and local politics.

“She’s a bigot, a racist, and a liar,” is the more blunt assessment of Arnold Gerstheimer who lived in Alaska until two years ago and is now a businessman in Idaho.

Theres a shit-ton more quotes. Sounds like she'll fit right in. What a catch, and what an asset she'll be to this country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom