• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I'm watching the interview right now and ....

No seriously, WHAT THE FUCK. She didn't acknowledge his question at all. It's like she heard the first sentence and turned her brain off til he stopped talking. WHAT THE FUCK.

That whole exchange really pissed me off. She completely dodged his question. If she had answered "yes, I think that living next to Russia is sufficient experience" then I would have probably been even more dismayed, but how does the interviewer just let her get away with dodging the question?

Palin links Iraq to 9/11
FORT WAINWRIGHT, Alaska, Sept. 11 -- Gov. Sarah Palin linked the war in Iraq with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, telling an Iraq-bound brigade of soldiers that included her son that they would "defend the innocent from the enemies who planned and carried out and rejoiced in the death of thousands of Americans."

The idea that Iraq shared responsibility with al-Qaeda for the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon, once promoted by Bush administration officials, has since been rejected even by the president himself. On any other day, Palin's statement would almost certainly have drawn a sharp rebuke from Democrats, but both parties had declared a halt to partisan activities to mark Thursday's anniversary.

"America can never go back to that false sense of security that came before September 11, 2001," she said at the deployment ceremony, which drew hundreds of military families who walked from their homes on the sprawling post to the airstrip where the service was held.

Zefah said:
That whole exchange really pissed me off. She completely dodged his question. If she had answered "yes, I think that living next to Russia is sufficient experience" then I would have probably been even more dismayed, but how does the interviewer just let her get away with dodging the question?

If only he had actually ignored the doubletalk and said "could you please answer the question now?"

A man can dream...

Zefah said:
I'm giving Gibson a pass. Yeah, he could have been more confrontational, but I'm honestly shocked that they weren't all softball questions.

Blader5489 said:
Brannon said:
I'm literally cringing at this Palin interview. I mean, for the love of god, if she can't handle a softball, canned, handpicked interview, how will she act as VP dealing in negotiations with world leaders?

This woman is not qualified! This isn't about parties and sides; this is common sense! She cannot be the Vice President!

GAH!
Question:

Why is lack of experience a fault for Palin but a non-issue for Obama?

His post said nothing about experience but nice try.

Please keep in mind that Jim Bunning (KY) is near senile and almost lost to a totally underfunded candidate in a deep red state in a strong Republican year (2004). I really doubt he'll make it on the final ballot in that state in 2010. Daniel Mongiardo is a rock star now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make another run at the seat in 2010.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Death_Born said:
If only he had actually ignored the doubletalk and said "could you please answer the question now?"

A man can dream...
i'm actually surprised. i thought Gibson would question her about the capital gains tax and then wax for an hour on the subject.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
jesus fuckign christ my brain is hurting watching her talk about russia

"What insight into russia action, particularly in the past couple weeks, do you think your state's proximity to Russia has given you?"

"they're out next door neighbors! and you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska."

no seriously. am I watching Saturday night live? this is horrifying. fucking sickening. I can't believe a grown woman can't recognize how childish that statement sounds. I probably couldn't get an 11 year old to say something like that to me ("I live in Michigan, so I know a lot about Canada. I can see Canadaa, from land, here in Michigan!"). I'm just astonished at how incompetent this woman is.

Fragamemnon said:
Please keep in mind that Jim Bunning (KY) is near senile and almost lost to a totally underfunded candidate in a deep red state in a strong Republican year (2004). I really doubt he'll make it on the final ballot in that state in 2010. Daniel Mongiardo is a rock star now and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make another run at the seat in 2010.

Very true. One of the great images of the 2004 campaigns was crazy Jim holding a press conference while literally standing on a blue handicap marker in a parking lot... :lol

Xisiqomelir

Fragamemnon said:

I'll put that seat and Brownback's in italics.

Republicans
Bennett, Robert F. (R-UT)
Bond, Christopher S. (R-MO)
Brownback, Sam (R-KS)
Bunning, Jim (R-KY)
Burr, Richard (R-NC)
Coburn, Tom (R-OK)
Crapo, Mike (R-ID)
DeMint, Jim (R-SC)
Grassley, Chuck (R-IA)
Gregg, Judd (R-NH)
Isakson, Johnny (R-GA)
Martinez, Mel (R-FL)
McCain, John (R-AZ)
Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)
Shelby, Richard C. (R-AL)
Specter, Arlen (R-PA)
Thune, John (R-SD)
Vitter, David (R-LA)
Voinovich, George V. (R-OH)

3 likely, 3 possible! 2010 will be so awesome.

Formless

AniHawk said:
Because he was chosen by the people to be a nominee while she was put on the ticket.

Other than that:

Palin's experience:
20 y/o: Beauty pageant participant
18/19 yo - 23 y/o: attended six colleges in about as many years
24 y/o: sports reporter in Anchorage (1988)
Killed a moose.
Sometime afterwards, she joined the PTA and then her city council (served from ages 28-32)
32-38 y/o: Mayor of Wasilla
a little bit of nothing here. Runs for Lt. Gov. and fails. One of the three directors of the Ted Stevens Excellence in Public Service, Inc
2006-present, Governor of Alaska

Obama's experience:
18-20 y/o: studied at Occidental College
20-22 y/o: graduated from Columbia University
23 y/o: worked at Business International Corporation and New York Public Interest Research Group
23 y/o - 26 y/o: Community organizer
27 y/o: Went to Harvard and was selected for the Harvard Law Review
28 y/o: Became President of the Harvard Law Review
Graduated from Harvard in 1991 at the age of 29 with a Juris Doctor (J.D.) magna cum laude
30-31 y/o: directed Illinois Project Vote from April to October 1992, a voter registration drive with a staff of 10 and 700 volunteers that achieved its goal of registering 150,000 of 400,000 unregistered African Americans in the state,
31-43 y/o: taught constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School
Became a terrorist
36-43 y/o: Illinois State Senator
2005-present: United States Senator
HOLY

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Xisiqomelir said:
Moving Martinez to italics since Tamanon thinks he's got a chance.

Republicans
Brownback, Sam (R-KS)
Bunning, Jim (R-KY)
Burr, Richard (R-NC)
Coburn, Tom (R-OK)
Crapo, Mike (R-ID)
DeMint, Jim (R-SC)
Grassley, Chuck (R-IA)
Gregg, Judd (R-NH)
Isakson, Johnny (R-GA)
Martinez, Mel (R-FL)
McCain, John (R-AZ)
Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)
Specter, Arlen (R-PA)
Thune, John (R-SD)
Vitter, David (R-LA)

3 plus one possible is awesome! I guess the Dems better shoot for 56 this year.

Specter's fucked one way or another. Grassley is a possibility too, especially if Vilsack decides to run for the seat.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
SpeedingUptoStop said:
jesus fuckign christ my brain is hurting watching her talk about russia

"What insight into russia action, particularly in the past couple weeks, do you think your state's proximity to Russia has given you?"

"they're out next door neighbors! and you can actually see Russia, from land, here in Alaska."

no seriously. am I watching Saturday night live? this is horrifying. fucking sickening. I can't believe a grown woman can't recognize how childish that statement sounds. I probably couldn't get an 11 year old to say something like that to me ("I live in Michigan, so I know a lot about Canada. I can see Canadaa, from land, here in Michigan!"). I'm just astonished at how incompetent this woman is.

Almost makes me want to see her become the president, cause you know a ball doesn't bounce until it hits the ground.

Blader

Cloudy said:
First of all, Obama is a fucking US Senator on the Foreign Relations Committee. And a State senator before that. Don't let the GOP brainwash you with this community organizer bullshit to trivialize his achievements.

Secondly, he was a college professor teaching constitutional law. He knows what the hell he's talking about unlike most politicians. Oh and he has also a firm grasp of world issues. Frankly, it's insulting to compare him or Joe Biden to this woman who had to go to SIX colleges before finally getting a JOURNALISM degree. She would NEVER be a governor anywhere else but in Alaska! That is FACT..

This country is being laughed at around the world as the Palin interview gets played. Pathetic..

Calm down, I was just looking for what other people thought. I already knew the answer (or at least my answer) to the question.

The base responds; comments from an End Times message board:

From what I saw..the last segment, I thought she did very well! I liked how she inserted Charlie's name when she answered his questions.
I agree too that this interview was choppiing and lots of cutting... I think they tried to make her sound rushed and out of breath!

I thought better of Charlie than this.
We need to keep praying for her, they are gonna keep hitting her trying to make her mess up then they will replay it until election day. He was trying to get her to make sounds bites that Obama camp could use against her.
He was disrespectful. I thought she just did ok. She looked a little nervous but she knew what she was getting into. She will get better as time goes on.

I LOVE SARAH!!!!!
Even though she did well, you just know the liberal news is going to find a spin to make her look bad.
And everyone is right, editing a television show in my previous life, you can see all the bad edits. It would seem that they legally should have the whole interview available for all to see and if not the script in whole.

We need to pray hard for this courageous woman.
It just irks me to no end that the media REFUSES to go after Obama like this and make him answer the hard questions! Oh, that's right, I forgot Obama CAN'T answer the hard questions!! I have also lost all respect for Charlie Gibson. I used to think he was an okay newsperson, but like all good left-wing liberals he showed his true colors tonight.
I just sent a comment too, stating that ABC and Mr. Gibson showed their true left-wing bias in an attempt to discredit Gov. Palin, but their attempt to do so failed.

He was baiting one trap after the other and she refused to bite, she held her own. I love it!

It just irks me to no end that the media REFUSES to go after Obama like this and make him answer the hard questions! Oh, that's right, I forgot Obama CAN'T answer the hard questions!! I have also lost all respect for Charlie Gibson. I used to think he was an okay newsperson, but like all good left-wing liberals he showed his true colors tonight.
Ha! Am I just imagining that shitty ABC presidential primary debate between Obama and Hillary where Gibson was a moderator?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Fatalah

RubxQub said:
I know I haven't posted in PoliGAF as fervently as I used to...but I hadn't realized my stock was this low.

I went on intrade on RubxQub for Top PoliGAFer was trading at 1.6...ONE POINT FUCKING SIX?!

...How the mighty have fallen...how the mighty...have...fallen.

Where is this intrade thingie you speak of?

deadbeef

beermonkey@tehbias said:

I think this is the strategy they will use tomorrow, misdirection is a classic tactic:

Tamanon

Banned
At the end of the day, it's Gibson, she couldn't look competent with GIBSON, what's the next step....Couric? Walters? It's absolutely silly. The answers didn't even show a sign of critical thought, just empty nonsense or talking points.

Trakdown

beermonkey@tehbias said:

Some Asshole said:
It just irks me to no end that the media REFUSES to go after Obama like this and make him answer the hard questions! Oh, that's right, I forgot Obama CAN'T answer the hard questions!!

The man just had an interview with Bill Goddamn O'Reilly and answered a bunch of pointed shit exceptionally well. Gibson GAVE Palin an answer and she still looked lost.

These fuckers better thank their lucky stars it wasn't Tim Russert giving this interview. Palin would be no more.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Obama camp should just list the experience of random governors to show that everyone has more experience than Palin.

Xisiqomelir

grandjedi6 said:
Specter's fucked one way or another. Grassley is a possibility too, especially if Vilsack decides to run for the seat.

Republicans
Brownback, Sam (R-KS)
Bunning, Jim (R-KY)
Burr, Richard (R-NC)
Coburn, Tom (R-OK)
Crapo, Mike (R-ID)
DeMint, Jim (R-SC)
Grassley, Chuck (R-IA)
Gregg, Judd (R-NH)
Isakson, Johnny (R-GA)
Martinez, Mel (R-FL)
McCain, John (R-AZ)
Murkowski, Lisa (R-AK)
Specter, Arlen (R-PA)
Thune, John (R-SD)
Vitter, David (R-LA)

Constitutional Amendments are go? :lol

Tamanon said:
At the end of the day, it's Gibson, she couldn't look competent with GIBSON, what's the next step....Couric? Walters? It's absolutely silly. The answers didn't even show a sign of critical thought, just empty nonsense or talking points.
Everyone knows that Gibson is the hardest-hitting man in journalism.

Maybe she should have an interview with Hannity?

Crisis said:
Sarah Palin interview. :lol :lol

That's a completely non-sexist, non-partisan ":lol :lol " btw. She had an interview with Charlie fucking Gibson. And she had mistakes like that? Come ON.

Andrea Mitchell tried to play the sexism angle as well. Gibson was looking down on her, blah blah blah... These folks are full of it.

When you even have the AP coming out and saying she didn't do well, that's the gold standard for a screw up by the Republican party these days.

Xisiqomelir

Fatalah said:
Where is this intrade thingie you speak of?

Hyacha!

Obamabet.jpg

AniHawk

Tamanon said:

I'd love to see her go on the Daily Show. Jon just doesn't give a fuck who you are, even if you've been on the show a dozen times.

MThanded said:
http://mooseinheadlights.com/

Has this already been posted?

Jesus H. Christ! She had no idea what the 'Bush doctrine' is. It's only been talked about for the last 5 years . . . very heavily before the Iraq war due to its controversial nature and very heavily after the WMDs were never found thus showing the 'Bush doctrine' was a big failure since we acted when there wasn't anything of a threat.

Any amateur political junkie knows was it was . . . but the potential VP didn't.

I almost felt sorry for her . . . but then I realized how terrible her policies are and how she asked for this.

Edit: HOLY FUCK . . . SHE STILL DIDN'T UNDERSTAND IT AFTER HE TOLD IT WHAT IT WAS!

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just finished the interview and man am I pissed. How do people keep blasting the media for even mentioning her family when she constantly whores out every single member of it? She brought up her son going to Iraq out of left field. This Palin character really angers me. How could someone so obviously unaware of what she is talking about become the canditate for vice president of the United States of America? How did this country, or the Republican party, fall so low? This is an utter outrage.

Dolphin

Banned
speculawyer said:
Jesus H. Christ! She had no idea what the 'Bush doctrine' is. It's only been talked about for the last 5 years . . . very heavily before the Iraq war due to its controversial nature and very heavily after the WMDs were never found thus showing the 'Bush doctrine' was a big failure since we acted when there wasn't anything of a threat.

Any amateur political junkie knows was it was . . . but the potential VP didn't.

I almost felt sorry for her . . . but then I realized how terrible her policies are and how she asked for this.
I just saw this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75QSExE0jU

HOLY CRAP

She...is clueless. I'm positive that I could actually win a political argument with the Republican nominee for Vice President.

vitaflo

Just saw the interview on Nightline. I am now seriously scared to have her in office. She is so in over her head it's not even funny. I'm not even sure she knew WTF she was talking about. It sounded like a high school forensics meet.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
This is why I don't think Obama needs to ever really attack her directly. She's going to go off-script eventually and she is embarrassing. Just let her speak for herself. After seeing this, if people are still impressed with her, then Obama is fucked anyway because he's trying to appeal to retards.

You HAVE to at least question this after seeing that interview.

If he really wants to win and he doesn't jump back ahead of McCain in the next few weeks, then talk about her. But man, she is gonna tear herself apart.

vitaflo said:
Just saw the interview on Nightline. I am now seriously scared to have her in office. She is so in over her head it's not even funny. I'm not even sure she knew WTF she was talking about. It sounded like a high school forensics meet.

YES!! 4n6!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom