• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Odrion said:
We knew that was coming.

What gives me hope are two things. One, the other swift boat spin off (or was it the same group?) dumped over $3m into the Ayres ads in an attempt to make a stir. Obama countered it quietly and effectively, and it never broke through to the national media. They were clearly trying for the same kind of effect on Kerry and it didn't happen. We'll see how this round goes.

The other thing that give me hope is Obama's fund raising. He'll be responding to this stuff, and be in a position to drown it out.

Juice

Ugh, I'm really not feeling good about the election. I don't believe anyone that thinks the Bradley effect is gone. Obama really needs to be up by at least 5 solid points in the polls by 10/15 to win IMO.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think a lot of people know what it means to be "Swift boated" now and they might not fall for it again.

numble

Y2Kev said:
:lol HE'S MISSING HIS FUNDRAISING TARGETSSSSS HE CAN'T RAISE MONEY DONORS ARE BAILINGGG
The huge thing is cash on hand. Obama has $77 million cash on hand. As of the RNC, McCain has $84 million for the rest of the election season.

(Of course, fundraising loopholes means McCain can raise more through RNC, etc...)

Clevinger

mckmas8808 said:
Yeah it's going to get ugly. If McCain ads are lying already can you imgaine how bad the swift boat ads will be? :lol

I'm guessing they'll photoshop a little black kid into one of the weathermen pictures.

The voiceover: "He says he was eight years old. Hitler was eight years old once too."

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
numble said:
The huge thing is cash on hand. Obama has $77 million cash on hand. As of the RNC, McCain has $84 million for the rest of the election season.

(Of course, fundraising loopholes means McCain can raise more through RNC, etc...)

Obama has $77 million cash on hand? DAMN! Didn't they have $50 on hand at the end of July?

This tells me that they are saving up for the last 2 months of the election, being that they only spent $40 million in August.

numble

mckmas8808 said:
Obama has $77 million cash on hand? DAMN! Didn't they have $50 on hand at the end of July?

This tells me that they are saving up for the last 2 months of the election, being that they only spent $40 million in August.

Yep.

Obama spokesman Bill Burton said that the Obama campaign had $77 million on hand; it had just under $66 million on hand at the end of July, meaning that it spent roughly $55 million last month.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_raises_66_million_in_August.html?showall

Pakkidis

Anybody catch Roland Martin on CNN about Race,Religion and Sex regarding the election. Sadly it is not looking good for Obama. They showed one clip talking to a white guy from Georgia. He said "Im an old fashion southerner, I don't think a black man is going to bring change, the only time I see a black man talk about change, he's holding a cup"

DAMN.

Obama has some massive hurdles to climb.

Tim-E

Pakkidis said:
Anybody catch Roland Martin on CNN about Race,Religion and Sex regarding the election. Sadly it is not looking good for Obama. They showed one clip talking to a white guy from Georgia. He said "Im an old fashion southerner, I don't think a black man is going to bring change, the only time I see a black man talk about change, he's holding a cup"

DAMN.

It's Georgia.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
Pakkidis said:

DAMN.

CNN interviews racist hick. Obama am D00MED.

Pakkidis said:
Anybody catch Roland Martin on CNN about Race,Religion and Sex regarding the election. Sadly it is not looking good for Obama. They showed one clip talking to a white guy from Georgia

Don't need to read much past that.

Pakkidis said:

DAMN.

He wasn't going to win any of the Southern "old confederate" states anyway. Not that it doesn't make any such behavior any less repellent.

mckmas8808

Jason's Ultimatum said:
On O RLY, he mentioned between 20% and 28%, and then said 25%.

No dumb O'Reilly said 28%. What the hell did you watch man? :lol

Obama said 20%.

Cheebs said:
Virgina is a confederate state.

Unlike some on GAF I don't believe he is going to win either Virginia or North Carolina and extreme effort there would be better spent on other states. His best chance is in FLA for a southern state (even though that is still difficult) imo.

mckmas8808

Pakkidis said:

DAMN.

Bu.bub.bu.bub.butttttt why isn't Obama doing better in the polls when everything is going against the republicans?!?!?!11111111111one!!!

That's got to be the dumbest freaking question asked by many people on this election this year.

Why people thought Obama should be up by 15% is well beyond me.

mckmas8808

Stoney Mason said:
Unlike some on GAF I don't believe he is going to win either Virginia or North Carolina and effort there would be better spent on other states. His best chance is in FLA for a southern state (even though that is still difficult) imo.

Stoney you are a smart man. You surely know that VA is TIED right now don't you? I mean Webb won, Warner will win, and Kaine is the Governor.

Why shouldn't Obama try to win VA. Using your plan would mean we'd be fighting for the same 2 stupid states that we already tried. FL and Ohio.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
mckmas8808 said:
Just to let you know Obama lately has said that he will raise capital gains tax to 20% for people making over $250,000.

And leave it @ 15% for people making under 250k?

Crayon Shinchan

Aquafina Fanboy
AndyIsTheMoney said:
Believing what a politician tells you before an election is like believing what a stripper tells you on payday.

If you believe the Obama stripper, you might be disappointed when she doesn't give the blowjob.

If you believe the McCain stripper, you're going to be really disappointed when you get the clap.

sorry, didn't know where else to ask this.
Obama won't allow his transcript from his undergraduate days at Columbia University to be released.
He "lost" his thesis on Soviet nuclear policy
He won't answer questions about his days at Harvard Law School.
He "lost" his Illinois Senate records.
He will only release a simple one-page letter from his doctor on his medical condition.
He won't release his application to the state bar.
wtf does that even mean?

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
mckmas8808 said:
No you aren't using logic. Obama in the Gallup poll was losing by 2 points before the DNC. His convention bounce took him to 8 points ahead.

Then on the next day after the DNC McCain showed the world his VP choice (which hit Obama's convention bounce a little).

Then McCain had his convention and received a bounce that we are now in. Capslock you just have to know that basically all conventions give that person a bounce.

Yeah I know that, but I also know that it's possible to 'ride' the bounce and build a sustaining lead, there is a possibility that this might happen with McCain, and then it might not.

mckmas8808 said:
Stoney you are a smart man. You surely know that VA is TIED right now don't you? I mean Webb won, Warner will win, and Kaine is the Governor.

Why shouldn't Obama try to win VA. Using your plan would mean we'd be fighting for the same 2 stupid states that we already tried. FL and Ohio.

As far as being tied that depends on what poll you are looking at. The last few I saw had Mccain up in Virginia. I'm also not saying he can't spend some effort there. But as the election closes and comes down to the wire his best bets I'll predict will be outside of the South (except FLA) and involve CO, NM, ND, OH, etc. I've never been as big a proponent in the 50th state strategy as the rest of GAF although I respect Howard Dean alot and understand the goal. If Obama is able to flip Virginia no one would be happier than me as that pretty much means he has immediately won the election unless something unusual happens.

Tamanon

Banned
bune duggy said:
sorry, didn't know where else to ask this.wtf does that even mean?

Half of it is lies. It's just trying to make it look like he has SOMETHING TO HIDE because he doesn't have his thesis that most people don't have.

mckmas8808 said:

So this post you're saying Obama will win VA because the dems keep winning there but in the PREVIOUS POST ON THIS PAGE you say Obama can't take the south for granted because of veiled racism. Ok...

If you believe the Obama stripper, you might be disappointed when she doesn't give the blowjob.

If you believe the McCain stripper, you're going to be really disappointed when you get the clap.

:lol :lol

FlightOfHeaven said:
So we shouldn't believe anything they say or put out?

How do we judge them, then?

i try to judge them by past actions and associations. Not everything they say is bullshit, but come on you know a politicians number one job is to get elected, number two serve the people.

JayDubya said:
Obama was a state senator about as long as Palin was a mayor, and he's been a senator slightly longer than she's been a governor.

They both have a pretty short resume for the job.

Not that I'd care anyway, since "experience" does

Mayor of 6000 vs State Senator with a constituency larger than Alaska. :lol

Yeah, that's comparable. :lol

mckmas8808

alr1ghtstart said:
And leave it @ 15% for people making under 250k?

Yes. That's exactly what Obama said. I'm glad more people are finding out what Obama tax plan really is.

Ignatz Mouse said:
Mayor of 6000 vs State Senator with a constituency larger than Alaska. :lol

Yeah, that's comparable. :lol

you really gonna argue that a senator does more than a governor, or even mayor for that matter? im not saying shes more experienced or qualified the he is, but come on.

mckmas8808

worldrunover said:
So this post you're saying Obama will win VA because the dems keep winning there but in the PREVIOUS POST ON THIS PAGE you say Obama can't take the south for granted because of veiled racism. Ok...

:lol :lol

The thing to remember is in VA we have enough black people to equal off the racist vote. The tidewater area and Richmond city have a crazy amount of black people. All I see is Obama for President hats and shirts, with black people that never really voted.

Students at VCU are crazy for Obama.

Tamanon

Banned
AndyIsTheMoney said:
you really gonna argue that a senator does more than a governor, or even mayor for that matter? im not saying shes more experienced or qualified the he is, but come on.

I would certainly argue that a senator does more than a mayor. Hell I'd argue that a city council member does more than a mayor.

dkeane said:
This made me laugh...

this is what has become of American democracy, doesn't this make anyone a little sad we don't show an ounce of respect anymore? (yes i admit im guilty of it too, but at least im slightly ashamed)

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Yes, Obama "lost" his undergraduate paper on Russia/US relations regarding Nukes.

This isnt a fucking thesis paper, it is an undergrad paper from a class on US/Russian relations. Do you know how many undergrad papers I wrote? Probably 50-60 in my coursework. Do you know how many of those I still have? 1. A rough draft that I found on an old memory stick. I graduated 3 years ago.

Obama graduated 20 years ago.

Seriously.

PHD thesis = kept by the university.
Everything else = no one gives a shit about it.

mckmas8808 said:
The thing to remember is in VA we have enough black people to equal off the racist vote. The tidewater area and Richmond city have a crazy amount of black people. All I see is Obama for President hats and shirts, with black people that never really voted.

Students at VCU are crazy for Obama.

i think youre greatly overplaying racism. The type of people who wouldn't vote for a man because hes black probably isn't exactly a "motivated voter" imo. Besides im sure there are some black Americans who will vote for Obama simply because he is black and on no issues, so this cancels out the few who wont vote for him simply because he is black.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
AndyIsTheMoney said:
this is what has become of American democracy, doesn't this make anyone a little sad we don't show an ounce of respect anymore? (yes i admit im guilty of it too, but at least im slightly ashamed)

Yes, no one has ever openly mocked a political figure before today. Sexist.

AndyIsTheMoney said:

300h.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom