• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Interim Thread of cunning stunts and desperate punts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatalah said:
Since the thread is slow right now (for 5 minutes or so)...

Here are your top PoliGAF posters to date!
Code:
[B]User Name  	       Posts
[/B]AniHawk              588
Tamanon              504
GhaleonEB              489
polyh3dron              382
speculawyer             358
Stoney Mason              290              
CharlieDigital              269
The Lamonster              262
Hitokage              246
reilo              237
Crap. I gotta stop.

Odrion

Banned
zwzucj.jpg

Posting dis again.

This is the projected convention bump, the green line is what was predicted and the blue is what actually occurred.

This is from polls a day or two before, not taking account recent results such as the good ones today.

Basically it looks like McCain's bump is ending two weeks early. :p

Tamanon

Banned
:lol Matthews spitting fiyah

:lol Cantor trying to bring up McCain's record as a reason to vote for him on the economy, but then not defending the record itself.

Xisiqomelir

AndyIsTheMoney said:
so where will investment spending come from for research and development in the medical field if/when we socialize?

The same place it does right now, public grants to research medical schools?

Odrion said:
zwzucj.jpg

Posting dis again.

This is the projected convention bump, the green line is what was predicted and the blue is what actually occurred.

This is from polls a day or two before, not taking account recent results such as the good ones today.

Basically it looks like McCain's bump is ending two weeks early. :p
But why can't Obama seal the deal?

Holy shit Matthews is on the offense when it comes to asking Republicans what McCain will do different economically than what BushCo and the Republicans have done to this country in the past 8 years. :lol

Amir0x

Banned
today i was encouraged by seeing various Obama signs pop up on my street, in this generally conservative part of Pennsylvania. I made a bunch of walking circuits round the neighborhood as part of the push, and we have lately seen a noteworthy pitch upward in the number of people who say definitively they are voting for Obama.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
AniHawk said:
Keep us updated.

He's tearing apart Eric Cantor, when asked why his team deserves another 4 years after the 8 they've given so far.

He tried to dodge and talk about Obama, and get into Nancy Pelosi's position over the past 2 years. Chris reamed him saying "you're changing the rules", "you're taking off your uniform" and look visibly annoyed, even for Chris.

Now he's asking where the hell Bush is right now, saying he's pulling a Katrina in light of this economic crisis.

Tamanon

Banned
Wexler did the smart thing

"Do you accept responsibility for the Democratic Congress the past 2 years"
"Yes I do"

No weaseling out of that.:lol

Wolffen

Hitokage said:
SC is very little like NC, unfortunately.

I know, but I can hope. Besides, if more and more international companies keep setting up shop in the Greenville/Spartanburg area, maybe the political makeup of the electorate will morph.

frankthurk said:
Because there hasn't been an election yet to win?
I don't know. I think it sends signals that he's got some problematic demographics. I hear that blue-collar white voters are still having trouble relating to him.

It raises the question: do we really know Barack Obama?

Fatalah

Steve Youngblood said:
It raises the question: do we really know Barack Obama?

If you don't know him by now, you haven't been paying attention.

And that's the problem. When people say "I don't know who John Doe is." Well, have you been keeping your ears open? Or did you just start peaking your head out the mole hole?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
besada said:
I hear he's a Muslim and will raise taxes on the middle-class. And that he approves of sex ed for infants.
I hear it's not even clear if he was born on American soil, and he's even fathered two black children.

Cheebs

Keating 5 won't be useful. It is too complex of a issue, attacks need to be able to be spit out in a 15 second sound bite. Keating 5 fails that test.

besada said:
I hear he's a Muslim and will raise taxes on the middle-class. And that he approves of sex ed for infants.
Holy crap! This fear inducing response provoked me to do some research. Did you guys know that his middle name is Hussein?! Furthermore, has anyone here realized that if you switch the letter 'b' with 's' in his last name, he has the same name as the villain responsible for the 9/11 attacks!?

btkadams

i hate how the american election is taking so long, its all anybody ever talks about. do you guys realize the canadian federal election has just been announced and election day is before the american election day? lol

Fatalah

Shiggie said:
Mccain is winning!
Lets get on top of this GAF!

Yeah but... do we really want to taint the validity of the poll? I kinda think McCain's been outspending Obama online the last year or so. I don't think the online vote is as much of a slam dunk for Obama as people think.

Cheebs said:
Keating 5 won't be useful. It is too complex of a issue, attacks need to be able to be spit out in a 15 second sound bite. Keating 5 fails that test.

I agree with this. It won't work in an ad, but I could see him bring it up in a debate just to fluster McCain.

BO: Keating Five?
JM: I wasn't charged with anything.
BO: Why isn't it called the Keating Four?

Which basically puts McCain into a position where he has to make some shit up.

btkadams said:
i hate how the american election is taking so long, its all anybody ever talks about. do you guys realize the canadian federal election has just been announced and election day is before the american election day? lol

Maybe the shorter turn around time means less idiots will go out and vote.

btkadams said:
The world has its eye fixed on us because we affect the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom